I think I figured out what we are doing wrong, without the camera you still need to go to the "fly solo" screen on your phone/tablet, even without a camera or video feed RTH now works for me.

Reactions: manojnarayan
I think I figured out what we are doing wrong, without the camera you still need to go to the "fly solo" screen on your phone/tablet, even without a camera or video feed RTH now works for me.

That's interesting... Let me give it a shot with and without the camera. Glad to know it finally worked!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Home does not care what camera you use, whether or not you use a camera, or even whether or not you have a phone/tablet connected at all. None of that has anything at all to do with RTH. When the solo is armed for takeoff, and presuming it has a GPS lock, that location is stored ON THE SOLO in two different places. That, and only that, is used for RTH. It does not need a phone/tablet connected. It does not need the app running. It doesn't need a camera. I do not know what you're doing or experiencing, but it isn't related to the camera.

Are you sure you don't have it set for Return to Me instead of Return to Home?

Did you fly with or without the camera?

Don't need the camera to RTH I haven't used mine yet. I tested today by auto take off in one spot, manually landed in another then flew around for a bit and did RTH. It landed in the last position I manually took off from. I will say my RTF has been damn accurate with in a foot every time.

Return to Home does not care what camera you use, whether or not you use a camera, or even whether or not you have a phone/tablet connected at all. None of that has anything at all to do with RTH. When the solo is armed for takeoff, and presuming it has a GPS lock, that location is stored ON THE SOLO in two different places. That, and only that, is used for RTH. It does not need a phone/tablet connected. It does not need the app running. It doesn't need a camera. I do not know what you're doing or experiencing, but it isn't related to the camera.

Are you sure you don't have it set for Return to Me instead of Return to Home?

Mine cares, only returns to the landing position if my phone is connected and on the "fly" screen.

Mine cares, only returns to the landing position if my phone is connected and on the "fly" screen.
Sorry, but that is not how it works. The phone and app are only for your convenience and has nothing to do with where Solo locks home position. It's like saying your car radio doesn't work unless you have 36psi in the right front tire.

Leave the phone and app off. Fly Solo without them and try the home button, or turn off the controller (yes, you can do that. It's how we used to test fail safes.). Solo will land where it locked. You can also do it with the props off if you want. Let it get a lock, arm it and raise the throttle to bring the motors up to speed. Then pick Solo up and move it around by hand. At the same time turn off the controller, and you should see the led lights flash red indicating the Solo is in RTH.

Just tested 3 scenarios, here are the results...

-Just using the controller and the drone without a phone/tablet: RTH works fine
-Using an iPhone 6s and proceeding to the "Fly Solo" screen in the app: RTH works fine
-Using and iPhone 6s or iPad Mini 3 connected but at the "Home" screen of the app: RTH initiates but the drone remains stationary in the air

Obviously this isn't how its supposed to work, but if a device is connected and isn't at the "Fly Solo" screen there is a bug with the RTH feature. Maybe this is just a iOS issue, can anyone confirm?

That's odd. I mean, I guess my first response is that isn't a big deal because nobody does that anyway. Why would you be sitting around on that screen anyway. I would be curious if that scenario can be repeated on anyone else's or be repeated on Android.

Reactions: SARDG
not a big deal it just tripped me up at first, I didn't think it had anything to do with not having a camera but without the camera I didn't see any reason to use the "fly" view when the controller had most of the info I needed. It just took a little while to narrow down the issue.

That's odd. I mean, I guess my first response is that isn't a big deal because nobody does that anyway. Why would you be sitting around on that screen anyway. I would be curious if that scenario can be repeated on anyone else's or be repeated on Android.

iPhone 6 and I've only done 4 flights but every single one I just let me phone sit on the home screen. RTH had always worked fine for me.

Sorry, but that is not how it works. The phone and app are only for your convenience and has nothing to do with where Solo locks home position. It's like saying your car radio doesn't work unless you have 36psi in the right front tire...
Jubal, I love your, uh... inverse analogies.

That's why no one (until the recent market flood of Solos) has reported this. It simply wouldn't be something normally done. Because of that, I suppose a bug could have gotten by the coders. I run Android and would be interested to see if that App is affected.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000