File Fixed???

Reaction score
Purchased the Side Pilot app so that I could install Open Solo. Installed without a hitch, no problems. I had purchased a Here gps with mast already and I’m plan on getting the Green Cube next but doing everything as money permits. I did the parameter change from 38 to 0. Went outside did all the recalibrateing, got like 10 Sats right away and took it out for a test flight. I used the 3DR Solo app because I didn’t want to use Side Pilot where I was, wanted to wait until I was in an more open area and needed to read up more on using the Side Pilot app first. Flew it around for awhile and lost connection to the Drone and it went into Return Home. Apon landing I noticed on that the video had frozen on my phone and there was a black box in the center saying something like Fixing File. After it landed and a couple minutes later I got another black box with a BandAid that said File Fixed. Ok, what file and which program, Open Solo or ???.... Because the (New) battery that was in the bird was down to around 25% I put in one of my used batteries, fully charged that I’ve used before without any problems and put it back up in the air. After just a couple minutes the percentage of charge was dropping fast so I hit the Return Home button on the controller and “Nothing” button isn’t working now so I managed to land it manually before losing all power to the Drone. Haven’t had a chance yet to try it again with one of my other new batteries, thought I’d go through all the parameter settings in Side Pilot and make sure there what they should be even though I was using the 3DR Solol app, not sure if it carries over to Open Solo or not... Glad I have a couple other Solo’s to play with until I figure this out, don’t want to crash the one with Open Solo and the Here on it, that’s the one I’m planning on putting the ‘Cube in. Thanks guy’s for any input, sorry this was so long....B0C89307-72CF-483B-A669-63610720A124.png

Don’t know if this matters any with the Return Home button function not working anymore but something I did notice going thru the parameter settings in Side Pilot was the RTL_Alt was set to 2500cm with comes out to 82.021’ and my 3DR Solo app is set to 85’ don’t know if it’s not functioning because of the conflicting setting??? I.D.K. Thanks again....

Your "file repaired" screen looks more like the OSD is turned active on your gopro and it had a file error while recording. When you landed the camera would have automatically stopped recording and once it's stopped recording it will automatically attempt to fix the file error. You may want to run a disc check on that card and then reformat it in your gopro.

Also sounds like you have a bad battery. I have a number of batteries that I use "without issues". About 4 weeks ago battery #5 was in my bird, I took off and in about 2 minutes it dropped to 25%. I just put the bird in manual mode and landed it that way.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
Thanks, I’ll definitely change that on my GoPro’s. Have 3 Solo’s all with GoPro 4 Silvers on them and even though I never had any real issues with them, it never dawned on me to turn that feature off, makes sense to turn it off. I am a bit curious to know which program did the “Fixed File” thing seeing that I never seen it before and it happened on the one that I put SidePilot and OpenSolo in/on??? It’s also the Solo I want to ‘Cube next month if all goes right. Thanks again, Robert

It looks like your camera is what created the "repairing file" and "fixed file" message, since you had your OSD turned on, this displayed directly on the video feed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc