Recommendation for Backpack

I considered a case like that when I first got Solo. I heard from some people that the case with Solo got heavy and became very tiring to carry around.
Yeah that's one reason why I don't want the case. A backpack just throw on your back and keep it moving. I'm a Tattooer so I carry back pack to work everyday. I can't wait to take my solo to Germany

Hi Guys, Remember to check with your airline first as to how many LIPO's are allowed in your carry on luggage. I checked one of our airlines in South Africa, and seems that the general consensus is that only 2 x LIPO are allowed.
Dont get caught, check before you fly
Cheers
Mike

Hey folks, thanks for all the help. I ended up buying the Think Tank Airport Helipad. It fits the 15" laptop very nicely. I also have a 17" laptop that **just** fits. There could be a few minor improvements they could make to have a more universal fitting backpack, but it works very well with everything (just have two lipos, but more would require a little customizing to the pack)

you're talking about this one?

Airport Helipak™ for 3DR Solo

Frank, did you end up getting the GPC x 5.11 Rush pack? Reviews/pics? I'm curious how the hydration compartment works.

Edit: nevermind, there's no space to carry a mirrorless camera. If I really want hydration and still be able to carry my main camera then I guess I'll mod the 3DR Solo backpack with a side-pouch.

Last edited:

Frank, did you end up getting the GPC x 5.11 Rush pack? Reviews/pics? I'm curious how the hydration compartment works.

Edit: nevermind, there's no space to carry a mirrorless camera. If I really want hydration and still be able to carry my main camera then I guess I'll mod the 3DR Solo backpack with a side-pouch.

i have a regular 5.11 Rush 72 (no foam insert). GPC does sells the foam insert separately, but its kind of pricey. if GPC ever has a sale on the limited edition, i will buy it in a second.

With the molle on the 5.11 you could attach a pack that could hold your mirrorless. it could go on the front or the sides. Something like a Rush 10.6 or even a LensCoat BodyBag.

i have a peak design capture but sometimes i like having it well-protected inside the pack when my shoulder gets tired.

I got the Airport Helipak for the DJI, but it fit the Solo just fine. Honestly I'm not sure I see the difference.

There are times I'd like to just bring the Solo, 2 batteries and controller along... wonder what's out there that is nice, light and compact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44