Pixhawk 3 Pro for Solo

Reaction score
Hi,
The new Pixhawk 3 Pro, designed by Drotek and PX4, was officially announced by Drotek as ready for shipping since 24.June, and you can buy it here for 199,95€+tax (239,94 €)
upload_2017-8-14_10-39-30.png

It's based on the new PX4 FMU4 Pro standard, which includes a full suite of next-generation sensors and and the more powerful STM32F469 processor. It's designed for the Dronecode/PX4 flight software, which is the current official Pixhawk standard.
Find more details here:
- More powerful Pixhawk 3 coming soon
- Drotek documentation
- Drotek Forum

Any chance of seeing a Solo flying with this Pixhawk 3 Pro? Is anyone planning to make it happen?

Thanks.

Last edited:
No. That thing is a joke and not compatible with the Solo. Nor should it be. Nor is dronecode/PX4. The solo uses a cube and ArduCopter.

Also, don't be fooled by the numerical increase to 3. That's called marketing.

No. That thing is a joke and not compatible with the Solo. Nor should it be. Nor is dronecode/PX4. The solo uses a cube and ArduCopter.

Thank you for the advise. But there seems to be work beeing done to get it supported by ArduPilot

Also, don't be fooled by the numerical increase to 3.

As I see it: Pixhawk is an independent, open-hardware project aiming at providing high-end autopilot hardware to the academic, hobby and industrial communities at low costs and high availability.
Anyone is free to produce it, specially now that the earlier main producer partner (3DR) is off the hardware scene.

But when Drotek uses Pixhawk name and a higher release number to sell a product, of course that people will be easily fooled by it.
In this case that's no longer a joke and someone should warn the pixhawk project maintainer Lorenz Meier, the Linux Foundation DroneCode and all the other authors: px4dev, Lorenz Meier, Philip Rowse, Laurens Mackay, Dominik Honegger, Julian Oes, Sam Kelly, Jeff Wurzbach, Craig Elder., so they can act accordingly!

I'm fairly certain by this response that you haven't any clue what you're talking about.

Ok, I probably wasn't very clear. Let me rephrase it..
That thing is a joke...
I don't consider that an acceptable nor a respectable answer, to me nor to all the work behind Pixhawk 3 Pro
I'm fairly certain by this response that you haven't any clue what you're talking about.
That's probably true, there is such a mess that has been difficult to me to understand what is going on behind the scene...
And it's also fairly certain by your answers that you know a lot about it, but don't want to share with us... ;-)
Thank you any way for wasting your time on this.

Your question was
Any chance of seeing a Solo flying with this Pixhawk 3 Pro? Is anyone planning to make it happen?
The beginning of my very first response directly answered your question. That answer again is no. You asked, I answered.

Elaborating on that answer is apparently what you don't like. But I'll explain again. The Pixhawk 3, PX4, and the people/organizations behind it are not in any way the same as the people and organizations behind the Pixhawk 2.1 cubes and ArduCopter. So that whole long rambling list of names and organizations you cited is literally meaningless and wrong. It's like you googled people's names that may have had the word pixhawk associated with them in the last 10 years and posted them as if it proved something. It doesn't.

PX4, DroneCode, and their affiliated people/groups produce for profit as a business inferior autopilot hardware that runs dramatically inferior firmware for non-complex inferior vehicles. They gave their latest piece of hardware the name "Pixhawk 3" because it makes it sounds like it's a step up from the 2 or 2.1. They also hold the legal rights for future use of the word Pixhawk since it's creator sold it out. This is a distinct advantage for them since pixhawk is well know and respected word. Most people have no idea what it has actually become.

ArduCopter, the Cube autopilot hardware, and the people/organizations behind it all (what the Solo uses), are essentially the opposite of that. And completely incompatible.

Reactions: Centro777
So how will you plug it into solo then? Don't think it has an 80 pin? connector.

me presento soy jorge weber y vivo en chile y tambien estoy en los drones y helicopteros etc,mi comentario va a que uno con mucho esfuerzo compra los productos de interes que venden online y ya nose a quien creer todo lo que se dice en las redes de ventas de productos que realmente no sirven y uno los compra y despues se pierde el dinero porque el producto no sirve y devolverlos sale mas caro que la compra gracias

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig