optical follow now on solo WOW

Just like Kelly said, optical follow on par with the P4, But at half the price.

To help members find answers & info. about Solex, most if not all topics should be made in the Solex sticky @ Solex for Solo

Thanks
I would not say on par with other drones who do all the optical tracking on board and don't have to send data back and forth to an app, but a great feature for slow followme shots.

Reactions: nightram
I would not say on par with other drones who do all the optical tracking on board and don't have to send data back and forth to an app, but a great feature for slow followme shots.
Are you sure? Solo might actually have an edge here with dual processors... but I'm am amateur at this kinda thing.

is this for preliminary test of active tracking? because im confuse the guy still carrying the solo controller as far i understand tracking object without holding the controller.

Its obviously able to track the shadow. so it is optical.

@fpvsteve, bought a P4?
I saw a video with the P4 tracking when it P4 was first introduced, & it lost the person several times.
So unless DJI made this feature better, then i'm sticking with Kelly's opinion.
I will also try it out & put up results soon.

is this for preliminary test of active tracking? because im confuse the guy still carrying the solo controller as far i understand tracking object without holding the controller.
Hi TB
No tricks, active tracking working via GoPro!
Not perfect, but it does work.
I'm thinking that better contrast "Colors" to separate moving object from background/foreground will make it more accurate.

@fpvsteve, bought a P4?
I saw a video with the P4 tracking when it P4 was first introduced, & it lost the person several times.
So unless DJI made this feature better, then i'm sticking with Kelly's opinion.
I will also try it out & put up results soon.
I compared Solex running on my Solo with the videos of Mavic what drove me to my conclusion.
I do have a Mavic on order but not yet received, so I can't compare myself yet.

Are you sure? Solo might actually have an edge here with dual processors... but I'm am amateur at this kinda thing.
The other drone can do face recognition with stock hardware and decent tablet. The code is in github.

I'm the guy in the video. I'm holding the controller because I'm also the guy making the video of the app.

Reactions: RichWest
People keep trying to write solo off
just in the last week
New long range tx control
New Cube PH 2.1 flight controller solo edition offered
Solex now tracks an object in video
New airframe announced Terrence Jerrod

Pyrate...thanks for all that. Starts a good conversation. Would have been great to have links and such associated with all that...but again, thanks for bringing the info to the forum.

--

Bill

At the last segment of the video, the box was clearly not on the person. My guess, the algorithm only identify the object, I don't think it was guiding the quad.

Might be cool to marry that with an ir sensor to track heat movements in conjunction with the GP.

Reactions: Tamj
Might be cool to marry that with an ir sensor to track heat movements in conjunction with the GP.

Interesting idea. What should the behavior be when one of the detections go way off in disagreement with the other?

Also, just to keep records correct, the Solo only has a SINGLE core, not dual core or quad. The chip itself can be produced using those options but Solo is solo. :)

At the last segment of the video, the box was clearly not on the person. My guess, the algorithm only identify the object, I don't think it was guiding the quad.

Yes it was. Otherwise, what would be the point in calling it "Follow"?

Its obviously able to track the shadow. so it is optical.

The notes in the video about it getting distracted: It occurred to me later, that the shadows is what it was getting confused by. I tried it again in the same location at a different time of day, and any time I got on the "shadow" side of myself, it tended to get distracted by the shadow and try to follow that instead of me.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44