Open Solo announcement from ArduPilot

Hence the reason I'd like to run it on the dual quad-core Xeon w/32gb of RAM that lives in the basement.
The build completed successfully. It took exactly 5hrs. I was checking in on it remotely over teamviewer from my phone at work. I plan to test fly it later this evening when I get home from work. Thankfully if I run the build again, it only rebuilds the changed files and takes seconds or minutes instead of hours.

P2P, I assume that there is a forthcoming FW update based on what you guys are working on now?
Yes. I do not know when yet as I haven't even loaded and tested what I have so far to make sure the build system worked correctly. I also need to tweak some things and get the right version of ArduCopter in there and rerun the build one final time. And I need to make a new golden image (factory reset partition). And I need to package and write a script to install it via Solex. So coming soon, but please don't expect it this weekend.

Will this FW come for the stock PIxhawk and Green Cube or only for Green Cube?
I fully intend to make a similar update for the stock solos too. The primary purpose of that will be to cut the cord from 3DR's update servers and update the golden image (factory reset). This will probably come after the green cube one is done. As new development progresses, the will probably be some things backwards compatible and some that aren't.

The build completed successfully. It took exactly 5hrs. I was checking in on it remotely over teamviewer from my phone at work. I plan to test fly it later this evening when I get home from work. Thankfully if I run the build again, it only rebuilds the changed files and takes seconds or minutes instead of hours.

Yes. I do not know when yet as I haven't even loaded and tested what I have so far to make sure the build system worked correctly. I also need to tweak some things and get the right version of ArduCopter in there and rerun the build one final time. And I need to make a new golden image (factory reset partition). And I need to package and write a script to install it via Solex. So coming soon, but please don't expect it this weekend.

I fully intend to make a similar update for the stock solos too. The primary purpose of that will be to cut the cord from 3DR's update servers and update the golden image (factory reset). This will probably come after the green cube one is done. As new development progresses, the will probably be some things backwards compatible and some that aren't.
You
F**k**g
Rock!

Build takes 1 and a half hour on a Ryzen 1700x with a ultrafast samsung M.2 SSD, not to bad :)
And yes, Pedals2Paddles and the guys Rock...

So happy, so glad to see the power of Open Source let a product live on.

I have emotional whiplash from the past two days...

Can I also say I wish there wasn't so much involving open source taking place inside the walled garden that is Facebook? The blog post mentions three separate Facebook groups...not all of us wanna be on Facebook
I agree 100 % with that.

Reactions: cnc74
Hey P2P, will this new golden image be using 1.5.3 for the FC? Thanks for remaining so passionate about this!
Dan

This is a the official blog and announcement from ArduPilot on the open sourcing of Solo and how it's working. Please have a read and join the fun! This is monumental occasion for the Solo community and ArduPilot. Everyone has been asking for this day to happen for over a year since 3DR gave it up. That day is here.

OpenSolo Initiative - by the ArduPilot Team

The opening of this code will allow incredible and endless possibilities. The solo lives on!

One month later and nothing on the gimbal firmware code. I'm thinking this is one of those things that is going to be on infinite-RSN-loop.....
(Not that 3DR is under any obligation. I'm just saddened)

Good~~~
I compiled and builded the code from opensolo.
However, until now, I didn't write the firmware and have been afraid because of the message which was described below.
--------------------
WARNING - WORK IN PROGRESS
This code is known to be broken and/or incomplete. IT DOES NOT WORK.
We are actively working on fixing it, and we really, really do not recommend you download it just yet.
We will remove this warning from the repository when it is no longer required.
-------------------------

Release the shackles ! Please ~~
[email protected]
From Jin

This is a the official blog and announcement from ArduPilot on the open sourcing of Solo and how it's working. Please have a read and join the fun! This is monumental occasion for the Solo community and ArduPilot. Everyone has been asking for this day to happen for over a year since 3DR gave it up. That day is here.

OpenSolo Initiative - by the ArduPilot Team

The opening of this code will allow incredible and endless possibilities. The solo lives on!

Did open Solo replace the MIX Python files.zip firmware for updating solo ?

Wow! --- from a non programmer (propeller head, nothing but love) you guys are amazing. I have been in a constant debate with my two sons who each have DJI's that "bla,bla, bla" solo this and solo that. Thanks for keeping us flying.
I really hope that for us techno idiots there will be an easy path to upgrade/update our birds so that we can keep flying and take advantage of what you guys are doing.
Keep us posted and WELL DONE.

It’s real easy to do if you have patience and don’t go poking buttons before it’s finished

Thx -- I will tackle this for my 3 solos in a few weeks. BTW, I have a grandson whose name is really "Pirate". Great kid and loves to fly one of my birds.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000