Open Solo 2.5-RC2 is out

I've modified the pixhawk.py file so it scans the hardware ID for the accelerometers and compasses. They are different in the green and stock cube.

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I've modified the pixhawk.py file so it scans the hardware ID for the accelerometers and compasses. They are different in the green and stock cube.
Right, I was referring to the Black Cube that ProfiCNC sells that is the Pixhawk v2.1 generation hardware that doesn't come preset with the 5V signaling.

Oh. No there is no way to detect that. They are identical.
didn't know if they had some sort of serial number system that would differentiate them or anything else. Those with the new Black Cube must just be careful then.

thanks for the answer, and helping me understand.

Thanks for your effort.

I have installed RC1 and will update to RC2 shortly.

Oh. No there is no way to detect that. They are identical.
I just released OPEN SOLO 2.5-RC2! It is out in Solex now, and Tom is putting in Side Pilot as we speak.

This update fixes some installation vulnerabilities that were identified by beta testers with Green Cubes. It was on occasion failing to detect the green cube, and trying to install the 3DR firmware on it, which is not compatible. The scripts are now much more robust. It now has three different ways to detect the cube. And in the unlikely event something is wrong and it still can't, it will not try to install any firmware on the cube so nothing gets locked up.

Please see the -RC2 release notes for full detail on this update and on Open Solo in general: https://github.com/OpenSo…/documentation/releases/…/v2.5-RC2

If you have already installed RC1, please do actually upgrade to this. It will fix the install vulnerability, whether you experienced the issue or not the first time around.

For the few of you who are currently stuck with a locked up Green Cube, instructions on rectifying that coming soon. Not enough hours in the day.

Question i have RC1 and will not be able to install RC2 till i get back from a trip with the solo, will my solo fly fine on RC1?

If you have a DIY flying imx6 with solo controller would you load open solo but not parameters?

Matt-
I went into Solex and I loaded Open Solo onto my controller and Solo using Solex firmware and watching your video at the same time. Everything went pretty well.... except it has RC1 installed not the new RC 2. I have not installed my Green Cube or HERE yet- I am not sure how to get the download over to the Solex app.
Just so you know; I’m not worried yet- it looks like your controller with the OPEN SOLO screen when turned on. That alone, is pretty cool. I know it’s the weekend, and you may get real thirsty on Sunday... I’ll throw this bird in the truck and head towards your grid coordinates!! I’m only 40 minutes from Bethesda- ( just say’n)

Matt-
I went into Solex and I loaded Open Solo onto my controller and Solo using Solex firmware and watching your video at the same time. Everything went pretty well.... except it has RC1 installed not the new RC 2. I have not installed my Green Cube or HERE yet- I am not sure how to get the download over to the Solex app.
Just so you know; I’m not worried yet- it looks like your controller with the OPEN SOLO screen when turned on. That alone, is pretty cool. I know it’s the weekend, and you may get real thirsty on Sunday... I’ll throw this bird in the truck and head towards your grid coordinates!! I’m only 40 minutes from Bethesda- ( just say’n)
The controller firmware is RC1 Matt only modified the Cube firmware to rc2 I had asked him this very question myself here https://3drpilots.com/threads/open-solo-2-5-rc2-is-out.11542/#post-120313.

Reactions: USMC86
So, when powering on the controller it has V2.5-rc1 it is done correctly?

And now I can continue to add my HERE and Green Cube?

And now I can continue to add my HERE and Green Cube?
Yes just pay attention to when solex prompts you, and make sure the version is correct it should work no problem, oh and keep us updated, good luck. and update the GC first then just wait it out it will reboot all on its own about 5 times let it finish then reconnect to the controller by pairing and now you can add the HERE param changes..

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I don't have Solex app and would like to install the updates manually: Solo=1.5.3 and Controller=2.5-RCx App=2.4.9. I am familiar with the installation of fw 1.5.3 from 3drobotics on to the Solo (stock cube). But, I also like the updates made to the Controller specifically to the use of A, B and Pause buttons + CH7.

Q1. Is the installation of the Controller's FW as easy as making an image of the Controller FW, from 3dr-controller.tar.gz, on the Controller's SD card, then reboot and re-pair the Solo and the Controller?

Q2. Is there any difference in fw functionality using the manual process vs. the automation (aside from auto detection of the 2 cubes)?

Thank you in advance.

T

Thanks a lot for your contribution!
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed that solo is still the only carriage that 'unofficially' supports green box.
where are the other vendors?

Hello everyone, I don't have Solex app and would like to install the updates manually: Solo=1.5.3 and Controller=2.5-RCx App=2.4.9. I am familiar with the installation of fw 1.5.3 from 3drobotics on to the Solo (stock cube). But, I also like the updates made to the Controller specifically to the use of A, B and Pause buttons + CH7.

Q1. Is the installation of the Controller's FW as easy as making an image of the Controller FW, from 3dr-controller.tar.gz, on the Controller's SD card, then reboot and re-pair the Solo and the Controller?

Q2. Is there any difference in fw functionality using the manual process vs. the automation (aside from auto detection of the 2 cubes)?

Thank you in advance.

T

If you put the SD card in your PC, it will come up as a drive called GOLDEN. That's the recover partition. Delete the contents. Put the 4 files from 3dr-solo.tar.gz or 3dr-controller.tar.gz into that partition. Put the SD card back in. Factory reset.

I upgraded last night... however I didn't see this thread until after so I used rc1. Upgrade went smoothly.....although I see its recommended, as I don't have a green cube I don't need to or gain anything this with this date Correct?

If you put the SD card in your PC, it will come up as a drive called GOLDEN. That's the recover partition. Delete the contents. Put the 4 files from 3dr-solo.tar.gz or 3dr-controller.tar.gz into that partition. Put the SD card back in. Factory reset.

Thank you P2P for the quick respond. Much is appreciated.

T

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso