New to the drone world and already ready to leave

Reaction score
Good morning everyone,
So i was given a few drones to try and get me pumped up and eager to get into it. Alas though, the first was a nano that i can control from my phone. Awesome fun little thing. Next was a waker f210 , fun but WAY to fast for my novice skills and WAY to costly again for my novice skills. So now that one is out of commission. And finally i was given this solo. Extremely eager and pumped to get it up and running but it would appear it is not in my future. Came with no battery, ordered one , then the controller wouldn't charge so ordered a charger. Again still didn't work, ordered a new battery for said charger. Wont hold a charge. And now its telling me an error code that it needs to be calibrated. It wont calibrate!!! Please everyone anyone HHHHEEEELLPPPP. I am so ready to light it on fire and chuck it of a bridge.

I'd say you're probably well advised to be rid of it. You don't seem to have the patience or coolheadedness required of a pilot in my book. Some things are not meant for some people.

Reactions: yt lee
Reactions: NastyN8
Reactions: LuvMyTJ
Oh
I'd say you're probably well advised to be rid of it. You don't seem to have the patience or coolheadedness required of a pilot in my book. Some things are not meant for some people.
I do have the patience, i guess my frustration comes from relying on my buddy for his help. And most definitely with solo's customer service here in the US. The number is disconnected for crying out loud

I'd try re-seating the SD card in the controller. Then I'd try ordering a new controller (only 40 bucks) Also, look on youtube for instructions on factory resetting and calibrating Solo.

Thank you all for your help. I was able to configure the compass level, but can not for the life of me set the other level. I am at a loss. And the fact that solo does not have an effecitive help line is INFURIATING. But thank you guys for being helpful.

I'd try re-seating the SD card in the controller. Then I'd try ordering a new controller (only 40 bucks) Also, look on youtube for instructions on factory resetting and calibrating Solo.
thank you. will do

Thank you all for your help. I was able to configure the compass level, but can not for the life of me set the other level. I am at a loss. And the fact that solo does not have an effecitive help line is INFURIATING. But thank you guys for being helpful.
You can find the answers to alot of your questions within this forum and youtube. I'll admit it takes some effort and searching but I was in your situation just a couple of months ago when I bought my Solo. I've learned alot from this site...and I'm still learning.

I guess the person who gave you the Solo, didn’t tell you that 3DR was no longer selling consumer drones and that you were going to get limited support from the Mfg. There are a bunch of great folks here on the forums that will be more then willing to help with the problems you come up against. Solo is a great piece of technology and now thanks to a group of very talented people, we will continue to be able to enjoy it for a while longer.

This is not something that your going to be able to get the same type of support as you would on a newer DJI product. But if your willing to read a bit, you will find almost every issue you will face, already has been answered at great length on the forums. Also, if you decide it’s not for you, I would bet there are a few folks who will gladly take it off your hands so you can purchase something that requires less technical skills to debug and operate.

Have you tried to perform a level calibration and if so, is it failing to calibrate? If that's the case you may need to perform the IMU Level calibration procedure... either #1 or #2.

Start off with #1:

Place drone on stable level surface. Hold middle of drone with your left hand. Smack the drone on the ass with your right hand, just once.

Try to calibrate the level again.

If this doesn't work, try #2:

Make sure props are removed. Turn drone upside down and lay it on it's back. Smack drone on belly just once.

Try to calibrate the level again.

This may help "unstick" your drones level gyro and you should then be able to calibrate your drone.

It's ok, "sololink" is the safe word...

Actually it's a very simple and easy way to unstick one of the accelerometers that prevents you from completing a level calibration. I bought 2 solo's from eBay that wouldn't calibrate, $68 a piece. Gave one a smack on the ass, one a smack on the belly, both of them calibrated right away. Best investment ever..............

Reactions: Johnhi30
It's ok, "sololink" is the safe word...

Actually it's a very simple and easy way to unstick one of the accelerometers that prevents you from completing a level calibration. I bought 2 solo's from eBay that wouldn't calibrate, $68 a piece. Gave one a smack on the ass, one a smack on the belly, both of them calibrated right away. Best investment ever..............
I need a bit more help...

I'm happy with finding it's belly...but I've been smacking the front legs about half way down.

Someone has suggested it could be I don't know my ass from my elbow?

Last edited:
Reactions: IrishmanPDX
At this point im ready to choke my solo. Nothing seem to be working>>

have you tried reading the manual or watching any of the videos about setting up solo? When you say it came without a battery? What? so is this solo not new? has it been crashed or what? It sounds like you were given a non functional solo. That would be frustrating. You can buy new ones for fairly cheap. In fact I dare anyone to find a cheaper drone with solos features. Even refurbs are performing quite well for people.

Okay so update on current condition. I read both manuals. Ive been trying every suggestion that a member has put up here and still sadly nothing. I do think i was given a non-functioning solo. I thought that would be the case but worst case scenario buy a battery here charger there and good to go. Alas, not the case. So i keep getting this calibration memo message and the icing on the cake is the remote wont hold a charge. Yay...Oddly enough i was able to calibrate the compass but that about it.

I would try to correct/fix one thing at a time, then build on that success. If your controller won't hold a charge, then there is no need to proceed to anything else...the Solo will not fly without a working/charged controller.

You have a controller, controller battery, and charger. Are you saying that the battery will charge to 100%, but it then drains down to 0% after a short time? What exactly is happening with the controller? Is the battery known to be new?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo