New to the drone world and already ready to leave

Don't give up, well worth fixing if it was given to you, awesome drone and parts a really cheap. I'll take it off your hands if you so decide to quit. Good luck with it

Good morning everyone,
So i was given a few drones to try and get me pumped up and eager to get into it. Alas though, the first was a nano that i can control from my phone. Awesome fun little thing. Next was a waker f210 , fun but WAY to fast for my novice skills and WAY to costly again for my novice skills. So now that one is out of commission. And finally i was given this solo. Extremely eager and pumped to get it up and running but it would appear it is not in my future. Came with no battery, ordered one , then the controller wouldn't charge so ordered a charger. Again still didn't work, ordered a new battery for said charger. Wont hold a charge. And now its telling me an error code that it needs to be calibrated. It wont calibrate!!! Please everyone anyone HHHHEEEELLPPPP. I am so ready to light it on fire and chuck it of a bridge.

Please keep in mind that any type of RC equipment has a learning curve and the education to step into this world is not without cost. Think of this adventure as a “Hobby” and not a life and death undertaking. Relax, take a deep breath, and tinker. When it all comes together you will enjoy the success because you did it. Read, watch, repeat, and give it a try!

Reactions: Solo Keith
Okay so update on current condition. I read both manuals. Ive been trying every suggestion that a member has put up here and still sadly nothing. I do think i was given a non-functioning solo. I thought that would be the case but worst case scenario buy a battery here charger there and good to go. Alas, not the case. So i keep getting this calibration memo message and the icing on the cake is the remote wont hold a charge. Yay...Oddly enough i was able to calibrate the compass but that about it.

Haven't seen a recent post, so maybe you have this resolved. It's possible there's a reason your friend gave it to you! :-D I bought three "defective" Solos off eBay a while back and was able to get two out of three working fine. The one I couldn't fix was understandable, it was a crash victim with destroyed components. On one of my repair jobs I had to disassemble all the way down to the main board. Next to the Cube CPU there is another microSD card glued into a slot. I carefully scraped off the glue and re-seated that microSD card and succeeded in getting it back in the air. Thought I'd mention it since I haven't seen that suggested here yet. 3DR dumped a lot of "defective" Solos on the market dirt-cheap through a number of third parties, all appropriately labeled at the time as defective or non-functioning, so you probably inherited one of those. If you did, it does mean some work on your part. Hope you are flying!

Just wanted to say hi from Oregon. I have a Solo and a Phantom 3. I have a busy schedule and do not get fly as much as I would like and do not have the experience I should. But that is where you guys come in most are very helpful even with questions that are very basic. But when I do get a chance to fly it is fun and relaxing. So thank you for your help on the basic stuff and the upgrades to keep me flying

Reactions: IrishmanPDX
Just wanted to say hi from Oregon. I have a Solo and a Phantom 3. I have a busy schedule and do not get fly as much as I would like and do not have the experience I should. But that is where you guys come in most are very helpful even with questions that are very basic. But when I do get a chance to fly it is fun and relaxing. So thank you for your help on the basic stuff and the upgrades to keep me flying
Happy Flying, this morning is pretty much perfect for it. Snow on ground and clear skies out there. Good luck!

Haven't seen a recent post, so maybe you have this resolved. It's possible there's a reason your friend gave it to you! :-D I bought three "defective" Solos off eBay a while back and was able to get two out of three working fine. The one I couldn't fix was understandable, it was a crash victim with destroyed components. On one of my repair jobs I had to disassemble all the way down to the main board. Next to the Cube CPU there is another microSD card glued into a slot. I carefully scraped off the glue and re-seated that microSD card and succeeded in getting it back in the air. Thought I'd mention it since I haven't seen that suggested here yet. 3DR dumped a lot of "defective" Solos on the market dirt-cheap through a number of third parties, all appropriately labeled at the time as defective or non-functioning, so you probably inherited one of those. If you did, it does mean some work on your part. Hope you are flying!
zI have returned from the land of the non living/ I had to take a break there for a while. Even now ias I write this, I AM FULL OF DESPAIR. i HAD ERVERYTHING FINALLY COMOPLETLY UP AND RUNNING ONLY TO discover that the gimbal i purchased from someone was a complete POS!!!! Oh my god can something please go my way!!! WHere in the world can i now frind a damn gimbal..Im going nuts here. anyone heLP HELP

I'd get in touch with the seller and ask them why they sold you a piece of junk.

My son's solo went into the calibration mode and nothing worked. Finally I decided to disamble and reseat the SD card and the Pixhawk. Also tapped the Pixhawk on all the sides. Resembled and everything worked....didn't even ask for calibration.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela