mRobotics M8N GPS

Hi guys, anybody has a robotics support email address? I went to their website and there is no contact info. Just want to ask them when can I expect the new gps to arrive home:)

Hi guys, anybody has a robotics support email address? I went to their website and there is no contact info. Just want to ask them when can I expect the new gps to arrive home:)

Try this that I got from my order receipt email:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: 858-519-1800

I went for a test flight this afternoon. I got 16 satellites in something like 10 seconds. It surprised me since normally I am ready before Solo is. The wind was 8-10 with gusts up to 15mph and everything went well, no issues and the GPS hold was as good as always.

Not sure about the specs, I would assume they both have the same basic chip. But the one is made specifically for solo by one of the 3DR co founders and is plug and play
The second is a more generic module to fit any drone but is not plug and play

Not sure about the specs, I would assume they both have the same basic chip. But the one is made specifically for solo by one of the 3DR co founders and is plug and play
The second is a more generic module to fit any drone but is not plug and play

That is what I thought. I think at 80$ it is worth the cost for plug n' play.

That's a great point pyrate. Another way for us to keep paying it forward.

I just purchased from the second batch, I've had no problems so far, but I'm excited anyway. Does this one benefit from the GPS shield as well, will it even fit with the shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just purchased from the second batch, I've had no problems so far, but I'm excited anyway. Does this one benefit from the GPS shield as well, will it even fit with the shield?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The description says shielding isn't necessary, but recommended, and it fits fine with either the stock copper foil shield or the 3DR V2 shield. This GPS is basically a direct, drop-in replacement for the stock.

As for the earlier question regarding the price vs. cheaper Drotek units, even if the performance is the same, there's two things to consider:

1- This IS a drop-in replacement, no cutting and splicing cables or only holding it in by two screws because the pattern doesn't match.

And 2- If we want any future hardware development for the Solo, we have to be willing to buy the stuff that people who take the risk in doing so produce. Solo specific components will always be a bit more expensive because they target a smaller market than standard stuff.

The description says shielding isn't necessary, but recommended, and it fits fine with either the stock copper foil shield or the 3DR V2 shield. This GPS is basically a direct, drop-in replacement for the stock.

As for the earlier question regarding the price vs. cheaper Drotek units, even if the performance is the same, there's two things to consider:

1- This IS a drop-in replacement, no cutting and splicing cables or only holding it in by two screws because the pattern doesn't match.

And 2- If we want any future hardware development for the Solo, we have to be willing to buy the stuff that people who take the risk in doing so produce. Solo specific components will always be a bit more expensive because they target a smaller market than standard stuff.

Thanks! Appreciated!

Good question, I just ordered the first one at 80$. I wonder if the second one at 35$ is the same. Anyone?
Obviously they have different antennas. I'm not sure of the specs of both, so it's hard to compare.

You will probably need to setup the comm parameters also. I didn't look at the connection requirements, so you may need to make your own cable, but I'm not sure.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig