mRobotics M8N GPS

And I know that the compass is key to headless mode. Can anyone advise if there is a headless mode and if not, whether simply adding this compass and improved GPS might allow headless flying?

Sent from my E5603 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, from what I've read there is no headless mode for the solo, I've found this mode useful on my training Dron, a syma x8hw. I have been following this thread in connection with the improved m8n GPS module but I've also seen the GPS and compass combo from mrobotics. https://store.mrobotics.io/SearchResults.asp?Search=Compass&Submit=

Been a while since I used Mission Planner. Link up to MP, under flight modes select simple (orient's off compass heading) or super simple (orient's off the home point) in stabilize mode.

Been a while since I used Mission Planner. Link up to MP, under flight modes select simple (orient's off compass heading) or super simple (orient's off the home point) in stabilize mode.
Is it a more that can be one button programmed?

Is it true you can just upgrade one (in the controller) and still see an improvement? And, where are folks buying the wifi cards? Thanks!
I originally bought two cards at once but upgraded just the one in the controller ('cause it is the easiest of the two to replace) and did not see much if any improvement. I then did the one in the Solo and and got a huge improvement. I did a flight as far out as I was comfortable given the lighting conditions over a frozen lake and exceeded 3200 feet with two bars left (on stock antennas).

I ordered from here, took just a couple of days to arrive. Also if you've not already seen it this thread may be of use to you.

I originally bought two cards at once but upgraded just the one in the controller ('cause it is the easiest of the two to replace) and did not see much if any improvement. I then did the one in the Solo and and got a huge improvement. I did a flight as far out as I was comfortable given the lighting conditions over a frozen lake and exceeded 3200 feet with two bars left (on stock antennas).

I ordered from here, took just a couple of days to arrive. Also if you've not already seen it this thread may be of use to you.
Thank you nightstorm

I bought one of the newer backpack bundles with the black REV B gps but have not opened it to confirm. Do these have the copper shield or did 3DR instal the v2 shield in these rev b birds?

Rev A and Rev B both have the copper shield. The issue with the stock shielding is that 3DR provided no air gap between the GPS and shielding. I used a 3D printed spacer instead of cardboard and it works great.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hi folk
i have check the mro gps u-blox Neo-M8N and the price are about 80 $,
so i have also check on u-blox website and i found this: NEO-M8 series
i would like to know is the some stuff?
or i have to buy other thinks?

hi folk
i have check the mro gps u-blox Neo-M8N and the price are about 80 $,
so i have also check on u-blox website and i found this: NEO-M8 series
i would like to know is the some stuff?
or i have to buy other thinks?

mRo version has the correct Solo connectors, plugs in without additional wiring