mRobotics M8N GPS

Hello everybody, I

tried to purchase the gps today but it's sold out:( how long do you think it will take them to get more stock? Also, are there other gps upgrade units you can recommend? Thanks!

Hello everybody, I

tried to purchase the gps today but it's sold out:( how long do you think it will take them to get more stock? Also, are there other gps upgrade units you can recommend? Thanks!

I'm not sure if you want to try, but I placed an order the other day after it said sold out. I ordered anyway for giggles figuring it would get cancelled or wouldn't let me complete the order. I was pretty surprised to get an email with tracking information. I'm not sure what I will get but hopefully it's the Neo-M8N!

Awesome! I'll try it tonight, let see if I get lucky ! Thank you!

Hi Jubaiir,
I totally get that and agree. I'm just stating what 3DR told me.
I chatted them up and specifically asked if they would honor warranty if I used Solex.
Of course, they said no.

I agree the app isn't changing anything in the code and therefore shouldn't be an issue.
The app could send out incorrect command and crash solo.

Speaking of the 3DR shield... is there a known currently valid 1/2 price code still out there? When I had only 2 Solos, I bought 3 shields. Who knew I would buy a 4th Solo??
This code worked as of 10/3: 3DRPGPSV2

Reactions: Mike Davis
Well, that was fast!
I was sleeping in late today when my phone chirped to tell me the FedEx guy had dropped off my GPS gizmo at my door. Cool beans!
And, for those guys worried about the installation - no worries. It's strictly a plug-and-play deal: take out the old, put in the new, shazaam. If you've done as much as install the GPS cardboard mod, that basically exactly what you're doing here. The only tool you need is the screwdriver that came with your gimbal. I went from unlocking my door to turning on Solo in roughly 15 min (but I've had Solo apart a zillion times, yer mileage mayest vary.).
After snapping the GPS cover back on I sat Solo on the floor and powered it on. At first, I'd say three minutes, the indicators showed no satellites at all. Not good!
Then, bingo! One, two, three... the count stopped at eight in my huge brick apartment building, the kind with the gravel/tar lined roof. At six, Solo announced it was ready to fly.
I powered everything down and repeated the procedure - like I suspected, the first time was slowest and likely won't be repeated unless I fly somewhere completely new. In under a minute I was ready to fly.
The weather in this part of Ohio right now prevents me from running outside and throwing everything at the sky: I'll hopefully burn through a few batteries tonight and can issue a more complete report.
However, I'll say this: I have never, not once, had Solo reach flight lock inside my apartment. For that matter I've never picked up more than three satellites.
Color me very, very initially impressed. I'm anxious to see what differences there will be in position holding: the bulk of my videos are of the how-to variety, in which I use Solo very much like a tripod. I'll park it six feet in front of my face, talk into the lens for awhile, etc., in effect using it as a artificial live human operator.
It's really kind of funny in this regard. The Solo system is incredibly well suited for my purposes, much more so that any thing else I can think of aside from three or four actual people filming me.

Wow 19 says and .7 hdop
Setting on my dining room table.
Subsequent restarts got the fly tone in 30 seconds or less

Reactions: monterx7
Handy to know. I will have to see what mine is next time I fly

You'll be around 1.0 . With the M8N (mine arrived yesterday, *4* days after it left the US, I'm stunned!), you'll be down around 0.6-0.7.

One of the more knowledgeable folks here will inform us of the criteria for Solo to allow flight, but I suspect it's a combination of things, one of which will be an HDOP below a threshold.

Reactions: 1tom2go
yep there are a lot of prearm checks that solo does that many others don't bother with.
Moving my rev B to solo 2
this thing is pretty solid, going to fly in the wind tomorrow and see how it holds in space

You'll be around 1.0 . With the M8N (mine arrived yesterday, *4* days after it left the US, I'm stunned!), you'll be down around 0.6-0.7.

One of the more knowledgeable folks here will inform us of the criteria for Solo to allow flight, but I suspect it's a combination of things, one of which will be an HDOP below a threshold.

I hope there will be another run of these in the future as I missed out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just did the install and it was plug and play. The first bootup took about 4 minutes to acquire satellites and be ready to fly. 11 Sats, 1.1 HDOP inside. Shut it down, took it outside, restarted, and it took maybe 15 seconds for 13 sats, 0.9 HDOP. Once back inside I restarted again, again connected in seconds with 11 sats, 0.9 HDOP. I had not seen double digits much before, and certainly not inside. I hope she flies well!

Reactions: Mike Davis
I just did the install and it was plug and play. The first bootup took about 4 minutes to acquire satellites and be ready to fly. 11 Sats, 1.1 HDOP inside. Shut it down, took it outside, restarted, and it took maybe 15 seconds for 13 sats, 0.9 HDOP. Once back inside I restarted again, again connected in seconds with 11 sats, 0.9 HDOP. I had not seen double digits much before, and certainly not inside. I hope she flies well!

Wow those are some great numbers. I missed the boat on the last one, I really hope they do another run soon.

Reactions: 1tom2go

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danny5150