mRo on sale!

key word cheaper
MRO had to lower their price to compete, and they finally released a version with the correct configuration
Just get a here and never fret

Reactions: jbrunel
Out of stock . Any other good options or should I just backorder?

First good day to test out in the open with my mRo install. Wow, really quick lock and typically ready to fly prior to the app connecting. Makes the whole boot process much quicker.

Stock install, V2 shield.

I have come to the conclusion that the key to GPS lock is location. I had more/better/quicker satellite lock with my stock rev.A board in the middle of a huge open field than I did with the mRo purple on my back deck in the neighborhood. However, once up in the air >100 ft., the mRo always gets >20 sats, regardless of where I am....not the case with the stock rev.A. I currently have (3) Solos with 1 black mRo and 2 purple mRo.

now you know why people say fly in open areas. GPS signals do odd things near the ground and around objects. This is true of any GPS, some fare better than others

GPS signals do odd things near the ground and around objects.
:(...this is very true. I learned it the hard way. When I first got my Solo, I flew it around and realized how easy it was to fly. So I decided to take it in to "close" quarters around my deck next to the house, under some trees, etc. Well...it was FLY mode (GPS locked), all was going great until Solo all of sudden started to drift quickly (I assume it lost GPS). I quickly switched to MANUAL, and Solo continued moving.....in to the wall!! I learned a couple of valuable things from that: 1- when you are moving in FLY mode (GPS locked)...then switch to MANUAL, any forward momentum keeps Solo moving forward when switched to MANUAL...so it keeps 2 - when flying in close quarters...which I still do...ALWAYS switch to MANUAL. Those lessons only cost me (2) props...no other damage.

We can see how GPS signal can go nuts just by driving our car using one of those GPS guides.
I have a Garmin that sometimes gets completely lost when I'm driving between buildings. It jumps all over the place.
I never had any issues while flying but it has always been in widely open areas.

All his "press releases" and stories are total BS. His product descriptions are full of exaggerations. And he openly lies about his competitors and their products to make his own sound like the only thing out there that works. He is constantly called out on his BS in social media and in private, but nothing ever changes. Once a liar, always a liar.

Same can be said for Dinardi (jester) who basically bans anyone from the 3dr solo group on facebook when they question anything he posts. Must be nice when you have the power to control what is being said, posted or asked at your fingertips and no one will stand up to him. You also as a member can't post items for sale or a new product you develop in that group unless its approved by admins but IMP concepts which is owned by an admin of that same group post his items for sale and coupon codes to his site all day as "admin approved".

Fwiw, the mro listed here is a direct replacement to the stock gps, but afaik the ublox neo m8n has been used in apm since the dawn and can be oe found for $20..you'd just have to figure out the pinout and wire it accordingly and mount it.

Last edited:
Same can be said for Dinardi (jester) who basically bans anyone from the 3dr solo group on facebook when they question anything he posts. Must be nice when you have the power to control what is being said, posted or asked at your fingertips and no one will stand up to him. You also as a member can't post items for sale or a new product you develop in that group unless its approved by admins but IMP concepts which is owned by an admin of that same group post his items for sale and coupon codes to his site all day as "admin approved".

Fwiw, the mro listed here is a direct replacement to the stock gps, but afaik the ublox neo m8n has been used in apm since the dawn and can be oe found for $20..you'd just have to figure out the pinout and wire it accordingly and mount it.

There is not a single shred of fact in anything you've just said.

• No people don't get banned for questioning things. You have to really try to get banned. It's a very short list of bans. So if you're one of them, you apparently tried very hard to get banned. Which corroborates your apparent tendency to lie on the internet like this. It's amazing that the groups have thousands of members who don't get banned. Maybe it's because those thousands of members aren't trolls living under a bridge?

• No, you can't post for sale ads in the discussion groups. That's why there is a buy/sell/swap group. Wow. Mind blowing. There are certain people and products allowed to post ads directly in the discussion groups, and no it isn't just IMP. It is a very short and highly vetted list. In fact, Jordi (mRo) is or at least was one of them! A competitor. Nice try.

• If by posting ads "all day", you mean every few months, sure.

• The M8 GPS has not be used since the dawn of time. And there is a lot more to a GPS than simply slapping an M8 on a board. But none the less, what is your point? The pros and cons of going with a custom M8, an mRo M8, or a HERE m8 M8 are clearly spelled out in this thread and numerous others and all the groups. It's whatever is best for you.

• Are you volunteering to keep the peace being an admin for a group with thousands of members, all with their own opinions and methods. Or are you just bitching to blame others for your inability to conduct yourself like an adult on the internet?

I could sit here all day and go back and forth, but I'll digress. Alot of people saw what happened in that group. His antics were 1 out of xyz.

Last edited by a moderator:
The other several thousand members would seem to indicate the problem was you, not them. Your childish insults again tell the story about what the problem really was.

Let remember why we're all here, to discuss the 3DR, not to argue about other forums and insult each other. Please remember to be nice to your fellow members. The report button is in every post, use it when needed. Thanks to those that do use it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo