I would like to ask if your SOLO is good at drifting?

Reaction score
I would like to ask if your SOLO is good at drifting?
Although my SOLO has received good GPS signals, it still drifts.
I want to switch to u-Blox NEO-M8N chip. I wonder if the drift problem can be improved.
Has anyone modified the GPS chip of NEO-M8N? Can you share your experience?
628c839471b9b13d788dc33014aaf05c.jpg

Tony, the M8N will definitely improve performance. I suggest grounding the copper shield to the GPS - solder a small, short wire from the GND pad directly to the foil. In Mission Planner, etc, check the parameter GPS_GNSS_MODE and select not more than two (2) constellations to avoid overloading the GPS subsystem. Finally, set GPS_TYPE to 2 for uBlox. The above should get you started with a M8N. GL!

Tony, also be aware that if you upgrade the GPS, and it includes a magnetometer, that mag can be included in the compass list (in MP).

Last edited:
Reactions: Tony Chen
Tony, the M8N will definitely improve performance. I suggest grounding the copper shield to the GPS - solder a small, short wire from the GND pad directly to the foil. In Mission Planner, etc, check the parameter GPS_GNSS_MODE and select not more than two (2) constellations to avoid overloading the GPS subsystem. Finally, set GPS_TYPE to 2 for uBlox. The above should get you started with a M8N. GL!

Tony, also be aware that if you upgrade the GPS, and it includes a magnetometer, that mag can be included in the compass list (in MP).
Thank you for your reply. I will try to modify it. After all, 3DR SOL is a very good drone. It would be great if it could be more stable. Thank you again

Thank you for your reply. I will try to modify it. After all, 3DR SOL is a very good drone. It would be great if it could be more stable. Thank you again
Tony, you will probably need a GNSS receiver with a patch antenna, as the device you show requires an external antenna - not that easy on a Solo. Or, JB sells mounts and complete units.

or

Tony, I purchased the above kit from JB and went from 6 to 16 sat's in the same location! Well worth it IMHO.

Reactions: CharlieKeck

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig