Master Airscrew Solo Deluxe Props

let us know, they do look interesting, but since you already ordered I will wait on your review
Nice find!!!

Reactions: Todd123
wonder what this means?

* prepared for versatile shaft diameters. For more information check the shaft diameter guide here

"3DR" is a trademark of 3D Robotics, Inc

The props are not threaded directly like the 3DR OEM ones. It has a huge hole, a collar that takes it down to the diameter of the solo motor's shaft, and a nut you thread onto the top to hold it on. Just like any other DIY multirotor.

The props are not threaded directly like the 3DR OEM ones. It has a huge hole, a collar that takes it down to the diameter of the solo motor's shaft, and a nut you thread onto the top to hold it on. Just like any other DIY multirotor.
I see that they offer what seems to be identical but white props as well.. If I'm correct about the similarity, would there be any downside to white? : ie image capture problems more or less as a result of white verses black (like fast forward flight while capturing) Mele Kalikimaka!

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Too bad they are not 11". Also Solo props could use to be elevated a bit to keep the props out of the shot. I'm going to make some stands to raise mine just above stock.

Too bad they are not 11". Also Solo props could use to be elevated a bit to keep the props out of the shot. I'm going to make some stands to raise mine just above stock.
to raise the prop on the shaft, or the motor? I wouldn't want to to raise the prop on the shaft as it'd accentuate any vibrations. Also a motor raiser wouldn't need to be so precisely balanced/machined.

Reactions: RichWest
Do you notice any benefit over the stock solo props? I have a set of 11" APC that I've only given a quick flight on. They sound better and the amp draw at hover seemed a little lower. But they're a pain to get working - needed to be reamed out carefully, and the nut only grabs a few threads. But the balance even after reaming was very good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@quick_dry: The referenced props that I purchased from APC did not require modification. I pressed a nut into each prop, then threaded the prop onto the motor shaft, then lightly hand-tightened. I added a small amount of tape to balance two of the four props. Overall, my twelve stock 3DR props required more balancing effort. The APC props do take a little practice to thread on quickly when compared to the stock 3DR props. It is also possible for a nut to fall out in storage or while handling, although this happened only once before my first flight with the new props. I used a black permanent marker to color the top of the nuts that fit the black-marked motor shafts. I currently use an EJH Precision Prop Balancer rod with an older DuBro product, however this DuBro product is advertised to fit the Solo props.

I have not measured sound levels to compare, however to my ears and mind the two kinds of props on a Solo have the same noise level, just a different sound quality. I will speculate (with no rigorous testing to back up this comment) that stiffer props on multirotors are able to apply motor energy more efficiently.than the more flexible props. This can be perceived in a Solo as faster attitude corrections in windy conditions, and faster acceleration to altitude or in other directions. However these props are much sharper and stiffer, which means higher risk to anyone who prefers to take a chance (not me) to catch a Solo by a leg as a landing technique. And there will be more harm if your Solo hits someone or something.

BTW... I stopped updating the DroneSpeak.com website in September 2015, however you can find a ton of basic information there, all curated (thoughtfully catalogued) for those building or designing their own drone system. Better to use a tablet of laptop to fully browse the website. My two "frankenstein" quadcopters have sat under my workbench for many months, ever since buying two Solos and a few upgrade products for field work. One of my Solos was revived after nipping the top of an 80' fir tree and falling through the branches to the ground. Broke two props and jammed the gimbal, but it's been working well since a little repair and cleanup. A rugged machine.

Reactions: Solo Keith
to raise the prop on the shaft, or the motor? I wouldn't want to to raise the prop on the shaft as it'd accentuate any vibrations. Also a motor raiser wouldn't need to be so precisely balanced/machined.

Stock Solo props already have a stand built in. Some prop adapters raise the hub more than I am suggesting. I will make stands for two reasons, one to raise the props and two to make the 11" APC a bolt on with no mods. I will use a Harding Cobra Turning Center I don't think precision will be an issue.

I like the 11" props, I got several 10" props with my BB bundle so took a flight with them, I won't go back. My first Solo has several hours on 11" props now they are quieter a more stable.

Christmas Eve I was up in the mountains with my Solo, H and P4. Winds were 30 mph+. My Solo with 11" props did awesome in the wind doing perfect follow orbits. My H also did well; forgot about the P4 in high winds. I'll try and get a vid up, while the Solo did awesome the GP SD card got corrupted:( Second time this happened.

Christmas Eve I was up in the mountains with my Solo, H and P4. Winds were 30 mph+. My Solo with 11" props did awesome in the wind doing perfect follow orbits. My H also did well; forgot about the P4 in high winds. I'll try and get a vid up, while the Solo did awesome the GP SD card got corrupted:( Second time this happened.

If you could only have one MR, would the camera on P4Pro cause you to choose it over the Solo?

If you could only have one MR, would the camera on P4Pro cause you to choose it over the Solo?

It would not be the P4 pro by any means as demonstrated by this video. I feel my P3P and P4 have better aerial cameras than my Solo or H, but for what I do the P4 is a fail. The P4 has poor autonomous modes, poorly designed landing gear and too many gadgets clustering it's operation and app. If I wanted to waft around like a balloon taking photos of flowers or buildings I'd take the P4P. But for action shots in harsh conditions like on the trail my Solo and H are neck and neck. The 11" props on Solo help a lot, especially at high altitude. My Solo is quiet with 11" props and I'm getting 13-15 minutes usable flight times.

Overall I feel the H has an advantage because of the 360 degree gimbal and retracts. With my Solo I get the gear in frame and panning is easier with the H. The H has a downside too it is large and does not feel as solid as the Solo. My H has proven sturdy however my Solo has been through over a year of torture and still keeps humming. My P3P with half the amount of flights of my Solo fell apart and forget about DJI CS.

This video is long and unedited but demonstrates my experience with each of these drones in the field. On a nice sunny day it's hard to beat the P4's IQ and stability, but everyday is not bright and sunny. Solo still has the best autonomous moves and gimbal control of any drone I own. The H is somewhere in-between Solo and the P4, I'm lucky to have them all. If we were to look purely at statistics my H gets the most amount of usable footage.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

so do you think the H camera is better than a flat lens modified GPH4 Black
Have not been impressed with the footage I have seen so far

so do you think the H camera is better than a flat lens modified GPH4 Black
Have not been impressed with the footage I have seen so far
Me neither!
P4's video seems better, GP4's should be at least same quality as P4.
Maybe H flies better (than P4) as it is larger and is a hexacopter, but the video's colors look faded (poor).

But frankly the P4 focused on a bunch of technology I don't want
I really don't need object avoidance at all
Will never own a DJI but had considered a Yuneek

What does everyone think the best props are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo