Master Airscrew Solo Deluxe Props

Well, to be honest - all props I've used (Master Airscrew, APC, carbon fiber) have worked just fine and were all a bit quieter than stock props. APC props in particular definitely give improved maneuvering ability.
On the whole though, I think I prefer stock props. They're really pretty much perfect.

Reactions: D. Ozolin
What does everyone think the best props are?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far I'm impressed with the MAS but I have tested only with standard setup, and didn't have time to experiment much. Hopefully somebody will share some thoughts

Free shipping when you order 2 full sets.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I just received a couple of sets of Master Airscrew 3DR props (4 props per set - 2 silver, 2 black). I haven't flown them yet, but thought I'd post a quick tip for those who might find matching props to shafts a bit confusing.

First things first. Lay the stock 3DR props next to the Master Airscrew props and you'll see the leading/trailing edge matches. Note, the Master Airscrew prop profiles have a slight flange at the tips (presumably to apply more lift).
aP7QQ2

Once you've determined the black/silver prop matches, flip the silver Master Airscrew props over. Then take a silver Sharpie and paint the inside collar. Do this now and it'll save you time and confusion when mounting the props in the field.

hSxz2P

I'm looking forward to testing the Master Airscrew props. They look much more aggressive than the stock 3DR props and I've read that they provide better performance and quieter flight. I'll post more after I test them.

I just got my Airscrews and will be testing them also.

Here are a couple of videos I just shot using the Master Airscrews for Solo. Keep in mind that it was a bit gusty today, so you'll hear some upwind audio distortion on both videos.

The first video is a short take off/landing test.

The second video is longer and goes through a wider flight range. Again, to hear the true sound of the Master Airscrews look for the downwind portions of the video.

Hope this helps anyone interested in these props. Overall they seem more aggressive than the stock 3DR props. They might be best used in situations that call for tighter flight plans, or when quicker ascent is required.

Here are a couple of videos I just shot using the Master Airscrews for Solo. Keep in mind that it was a bit gusty today, so you'll hear some upwind audio distortion on both videos.

The first video is a short take off/landing test.

The second video is longer and goes through a wider flight range. Again, to hear the true sound of the Master Airscrews look for the downwind portions of the video.

Hope this helps anyone interested in these props. Overall they seem more aggressive than the stock 3DR props. They might be best used in situations that call for tighter flight plans, or when quicker ascent is required.

Did they improve the top speed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just received a couple of sets of Master Airscrew 3DR props (4 props per set - 2 silver, 2 black). I haven't flown them yet, but thought I'd post a quick tip for those who might find matching props to shafts a bit confusing.

First things first. Lay the stock 3DR props next to the Master Airscrew props and you'll see the leading/trailing edge matches. Note, the Master Airscrew prop profiles have a slight flange at the tips (presumably to apply more lift).
aP7QQ2

Once you've determined the black/silver prop matches, flip the silver Master Airscrew props over. Then take a silver Sharpie and paint the inside collar. Do this now and it'll save you time and confusion when mounting the props in the field.

hSxz2P

I'm looking forward to testing the Master Airscrew props. They look much more aggressive than the stock 3DR props and I've read that they provide better performance and quieter flight. I'll post more after I test them.
That is genius! You just saved a lot of people a lot of headache!

Reactions: speatuk
I just put my Master A Screw props up against the Stick solo Props. Here's my homespun analysis.

On creating mini vibrations:
From what I've seen, without any balancing of the MAs, there is a noticeable increase in gimbal vibration from the vibration witnessed with Stock props.
I made this observation three times, flipping back and forth between MA and stock. I'm not speaking of the camera output but rather simply looking at the gimbal during flight, hovering at about 6-7' Frankly I'm a bit amazed. I was under the impression that the MAs would be smoother, Keep in mind that I did not balance the MA props. I had heard that they came balanced. I should check their balance and try again.

On Sound:
Although i didn't put a DB meter up to the props, I have a good ear as i've been a musician forever. I don't think I can say that the MAs are quieter than stock but i will say that the MAs sound more, "harmonious" and hence are not as unpleasant to the ear as the stock props.

On Stick Response
There is no question that the MAs give a more accurate and responsive stick control. The sense is that the solo is "wired tighter" with MAs over Stock props. I'm not sure how that will manifest with the camera capture. I don't think that snappy and tight control is what one really wants in aerial filming.

A thought came to mind: The MAs have a bit of upward bend at the wing tip. I'm no engineer but I understand that might positively affect turbulence and therefore efficiency and possibly sound. I'm thinking that i might try bending the wingtip of the stock solos to see what it does or does not do.

I just put my Master A Screw props up against the Stick solo Props. Here's my homespun analysis.

On creating mini vibrations:
From what I've seen, without any balancing of the MAs, there is a noticeable increase in gimbal vibration from the vibration witnessed with Stock props.
I made this observation three times, flipping back and forth between MA and stock. I'm not speaking of the camera output but rather simply looking at the gimbal during flight, hovering at about 6-7' Frankly I'm a bit amazed. I was under the impression that the MAs would be smoother, Keep in mind that I did not balance the MA props. I had heard that they came balanced. I should check their balance and try again.

When I put my MA props on the DU-BRO they were clearly out of balance, I doubt that there are many manufactured props. that are well balanced unless they have been hand-tweaked.

On Sound:
Although i didn't put a DB meter up to the props, I have a good ear as i've been a musician forever. I don't think I can say that the MAs are quieter than stock but i will say that the MAs sound more, "harmonious" and hence are not as unpleasant to the ear as the stock props.

Thanks for that. To my ear they sound quieter but I've often wondered if I'm being fooled by the way they sound.

I have 2 sets of the master airscrew and the apc between those 2 and the stock props the master airscrew are my favorite as they are quieter and drone seems to fly more stable.

When I put my MA props on the DU-BRO they were clearly out of balance, I doubt that there are many manufactured props. that are well balanced unless they have been hand-tweaked.

Thanks for that. To my ear they sound quieter but I've often wondered if I'm being fooled by the way they sound.
How did you mount them in the balancer? I couldn't figure out how to prevent wobbling when I used the both the original rod (with the spring) and the solo custom rod.

How did you mount them in the balancer? I couldn't figure out how to prevent wobbling when I used the both the original rod (with the spring) and the solo custom rod.

The Solo custom rod would not help unless you glue the nuts on the props (which by itself will create disbalance). Just the contrary to what Night Storm said, I have tried the balance many times with my Dubro stand and they are always well out of the box. For testing I use custom rod with 8mm section cause otherwise you are not able to tighten the prop well. The tolerances are very small, but be careful as if you don't measure it correctly you will see a heavy blade which might not be actually heavy!.

If you have the standard Dubro cones, just try to install one of the cones on the back side of the prop facing the prop itself, while the other cone install in reverse so it just pushes the front part of the prop, but the cone should be pointing away.

Hope you got me right :) I should have made a simple photo :confused:

Ah yeah, I think I got it. I was trying to point the cones together. Thanks for the quick reply, Jameson!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc