Looking to improve filming skills

Reaction score
I have been successfully flying and filming with my Solo using a GoPro hero4 black on the gimbal. I mostly use 1080/30 fps/medium view for my settings. By all means, I am a novice, and want to improve with the equipment I am currently using. I use the drone for real estate projects for our family and friends. Our videos have been met with enthusiasm by our clients and colleagues, but of course I see all the "little" defects. I'll share my links below, and I am open to any constructive advice from the community. I have respect for the pilots in this community who are putting time in to perfect this craft.

My overall goal is threefold:
1. Rich, smooth video,
2. Efficient use of power, and
3. Learning best "field practices" using popular smart shots in filming real estate properties and scenery.

You can see my videos on YouTube, searching for "FRED, the Flying Real Estate Drone"

Also, here is a link to a recent video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Thanks in advance, and safe flying out there.

The three biggest things that have helped me improve are
replace the stock lens
Shoot 4k or 2.7
Use an input lut

Reactions: Seth Asman
Try 2.7k medium 30fps white balance auto, protune on color,gopro color, ISO 400 sharpenes high or medium i used ND8/PL lense filter for my go pro4 . If u need more tips or help send text [email protected] check some of my videos

Reactions: Seth Asman
Try 2.7k medium 30fps white balance auto, protune on color,gopro color, ISO 400 sharpenes high or medium i used ND8/PL lense filter for my go pro4 . If u need more tips or help send text [email protected] check some of my videos
Great looking video. I like the smoothness with the speed. I'm guessing some is from post production and some is based on camera setup/flying? Thanks for the suggestion, I was just reading about a similar setting. I will try on my next flight.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela