Reaction score
I just bought a Kindle Fire that I intend to use for my Solo Drone. Kindle Fire runs Android, yet, when I try to download the Solo App for Android, I get an incompatible with your device message that also references an old Verizon tablet that was broken. Is the Solo for Android app only compatible with one tablet at a time? Or, is the app simply incompatible with t h my kindle fire?

in the manual it states that androids need two separate apps

I just bought a Kindle Fire that I intend to use for my Solo Drone. Kindle Fire runs Android, yet, when I try to download the Solo App for Android, I get an incompatible with your device message that also references an old Verizon tablet that was broken. Is the Solo for Android app only compatible with one tablet at a time? Or, is the app simply incompatible with t h my kindle fire?
The Fire is not truly a native android OS, as it has been heavily modified by Amazon. So, side loading APKs can be hit or miss. They can be rooted to run Android and all of the android apps though. And some have had success doing something like this. Or for even more compatibility, rooting and installing Android 4.2 or even 5.0.

I can tell you it is not a matter of the number devices, I have the apps installed on 3 devices.

I first bought an Acer 7" tablet for my Solo. Even though it was running the required OS, it would not work with the Solo app. Come to find out that even though the OS was ok, the tablet could not handle the video downloads from Solo. I had to return it and get one that was on the list of known tablets that would work.

if you are using this thing a lot, get a dedicated device Apple or Nexus
save yourself a lot of frustrations

Reactions: maoli
I purchased an Asus Zenpad S8, works great. 8" seams to be a good size. My Galaxy S6 works, but the screen is too small. I also have a Galaxy Tab 4, but at 12.2 ", its to large to hold comfortably.

Reactions: maoli

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc