keeping the fait on Solo updates?

Reaction score
A month has already past since the announcement of the new software applications. Still, I see no signs of the updates coming anytime soon....
Many past forum treads talk about the time it takes 3DR to come up with sustancial improvements for the customer.
Am I loosing the faith that this drone will ever have the things I bought it for?? I am getting a bit impatient about future "promises" and a bit nervous that I might just give up and look somewhere else for fun...
I am not getting any younger sitting here waiting....
Don't burn me on this, I love 3DR as an American company, and respect the way they take care of their customers, but time is running out.....

Colin is having another Webinar on the 26th, go to the 3dr website register for the webinar, then submit questions to ask him.

Did I miss where 3DR said these new features would be coming within a month of NAB?? As I recall, they said the new features would be out in the Summer or Fall. And in fact, some of those new features were released immediately, such as Spot Lock and Leash Mode. You're getting all upset over deadlines that you made up in your head.

Reactions: cameraguy
I personally hope it comes out when its ready, not until then.
They did announce a delay if you were following the posts on the beta program going on.
Boat mode will be delayed until after the next release

I might be jumping ahead on time, but after hearing all the "goodies" that are coming, one only can dream on having them asap! (Have you ever gone shopping to the grocery store being hungry?)
I'll go back to take my "nervocalm" pills, and wait another month, and hope to see all the improvements before the end of the summer.

3DR has been consistent with there updates for Solo.
This July will make it 1 year that i own my Solo & update were steady coming for 3DR.

Norval, your already for the new updates? bet you haven't mastered any of the other new features yet?
Your not alone, So many neat things to do with Solo, we'll never master them all.
Take some nice vid & share it with us.

it takes time to test new firmware and app updates on both ios and android. 3dr doesn't just rush them out the door. this is a major release as it includes the solo rebase which merges the solo branch of apm back with the main branch of apm which gives solo all of the new features that apm copter gets.

it will be out soon enough. there is a lot to work with in the meantime. have you given cable cam timelapse or free look a go. Do you have an iPhone 6? have you tried the new altitude capabilities in the improved follow me?

Well, that I haven't try.... And I really should go out there and try it.
In reality , the one feature I am really craving for, is the geofence.
I let my 10 year old son control the drone for just few minutes, but with the geofence I will fell soooo safe not to get in trouble with my next door neighbors...

I am with pyrate. I would much rather upload a new feature that works from the start, even if it is beyond the announced date. That is much better than having a lot of problems and waiting for a solution. It makes for happier flying....:)

Personally, I was looking forward to the Colin webinar. Last time he had some announcements to make, so maybe something here too. I still have lots to learn though. Backed into a tree this week, wrecked a set of props. All else was fine though.

I don't think the electronic fence thing is going to solve your problem. This level of quad copter isn't a toy, it's not for kids. Try a parrot, or a small Blade. Not something that can kill someone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Minh44