Karma is coming...

I think what they're thinking it makes people keep talking about it. And apparently they're right :)

I think what they're thinking it makes people keep talking about it. And apparently they're right :)
Yeah, but not in a good way. As stated above, if you have to resort to deceptive advertising, that's not great news for the product, and definitely not good in terms of trusting the company.

They should have stuck with the VW clip ;)

If that library video wasn't shot with some revolutionary tiny drone running a micro gimbal then this drone is going to suck. I mean are they nuts releasing a video like that as it implies that the whole thing was shot on their new drone. Let's see what this thing turns out be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

well with 3Dr turning their back on consumers, DJI is still well DJI
Yuneec has great products but the cameras a mediocre (from what I have seen)
It is time to build, and keep an eye on the next platform. Going to watch that powereye

If that library video wasn't shot with some revolutionary tiny drone running a micro gimbal then this drone is going to suck. I mean are they nuts releasing a video like that as it implies that the whole thing was shot on their new drone. Let's see what this thing turns out be.

Yep. Either way, they sure got a lot of attention.

well with 3Dr turning their back on consumers, DJI is still well DJI
Yuneec has great products but the cameras a mediocre (from what I have seen)
It is time to build, and keep an eye on the next platform. Going to watch that powereye
Yeah, that's interesting. It's big to travel with, though, so probably wouldn't work for me. I need something I can put in my checked luggage and still have room for my underwear. The Solo is the perfect size for that. Depending on that MFT camera though, it might be capable of some awesome footage. THing is, If I was going to go that big, I'd probably go with an Octo or at least Hexacopter.

Yeah, that's interesting. It's big to travel with, though, so probably wouldn't work for me. I need something I can put in my checked luggage and still have room for my underwear. The Solo is the perfect size for that. Depending on that MFT camera though, it might be capable of some awesome footage. THing is, If I was going to go that big, I'd probably go with an Octo or at least Hexacopter.
Looking at the company specs, it folds up pretty small - in the same ballpark as the Solo. I'll be keeping my eye on that, too.

99% of gopros marketshare probably bought it hook, line and sinker. The hikers, the skiers, etc. What do they know? I'm certain most don't have a uav to know the difference. Yes, we will all be very critical because we know what to look for, but I think the rank-and-file gopro consumer will think it's the bees knees. Even based on footage like this lol.

Reactions: DattaGroover
99% of gopros marketshare probably bought it hook, line and sinker. The hikers, the skiers, etc. What do they know? I'm certain most don't have a uav to know the difference. Yes, we will all be very critical because we know what to look for, but I think the rank-and-file gopro consumer will think it's the bees knees. Even based on footage like this lol.
Of course when word gets out that it was a fraud, you would think there would be some serious repercussions.

Been a gopro fan for many years. Owned them all but will most likely not buy a 5.
MFT is the best format for prosumer grade drones, or that new Black Magic mini.
it is good to see someone else offering a x5 alternative

Does it have any propellers??

Oh! ...that's right, it doesn't ...it's the first of the revolutionary handheld drones. 100% failsafe from falling out of the sky. Guaranteed! OR your money back!!! A never been seen drone before ...years ahead of it's time.

lol

I wonder if the gimbal is detachable so it could be used handheld. That's the only way that library scene could make sense, it clearly wasn't a drone flying between bookshelves and between people and desks.

I think it was a handheld gimbal. You can see it moving up and down slightly with footsteps.
If the Hero5 is on a jib then how is it going through the bookcase and light. If it is a drone it is a very small drone. Also, it looks like the space on the bookcase and light is about the same width and maybe height. Also, I think the video was sped up because a drone was flown very slow. Speeding up the video may give the appearance of walking because a drone is trying to maintain altitude. What do you think about my observations. Am I dreaming of unicorns or do you think the bookcase and light pass through are digital.

If the Hero5 is on a jib then how is it going through the bookcase and light. If it is a drone it is a very small drone. Also, it looks like the space on the bookcase and light is about the same width and maybe height. Also, I think the video was sped up because a drone was flown very slow. Speeding up the video may give the appearance of walking because a drone is trying to maintain altitude. What do you think about my observations. Am I dreaming of unicorns or do you think the bookcase and light pass through are digital.

I've just watched these videos for the first time and I think this is going to be a phenomenal product. I have a high degree of confidence that the library scene is a pure flying shot. We all know the issues with flying indoors and in close so it would appear that GoPro may really be on to something here.

Sound is definitely foley.

I have a high degree of confidence that the library scene is a pure flying shot.

There is no way that's a flying shot. Not a chance.

Going through the book shelf - the ground effect and turbulence from flying through such a tight enclosed space would have made it impossible to be that smooth.

Flying over the table, there are papers and pens that would have been blown right off the desk. Have you ever stood under the Solo, or even a typical 250 class quad while it's hovering even 4 to 5 feet above you? The camera was inches above the desk in that shot, as evidenced by it scooting through the desk lamp.

I highly doubt they would have demonstrated the irresponsibility of flying that close to people unless it had fully enclosed props, which is unlikely given the photo that appeared on their site.

Lastly, the final position places it pretty close to that last woman, and as my first point, the pages on her open book aren't being blown around and her hair isn't even fluttering.

Not a chance. That's why I'm thinking maybe the gimbal is detachable and maybe there's a battery pack/hand grip it clips onto for hand held shots. Maybe not, but I absolutely refuse to believe that was a flying shot.

There is no way that's a flying shot. Not a chance.

Going through the book shelf - the ground effect and turbulence from flying through such a tight enclosed space would have made it impossible to be that smooth.

Flying over the table, there are papers and pens that would have been blown right off the desk. Have you ever stood under the Solo, or even a typical 250 class quad while it's hovering even 4 to 5 feet above you? The camera was inches above the desk in that shot, as evidenced by it scooting through the desk lamp.

I highly doubt they would have demonstrated the irresponsibility of flying that close to people unless it had fully enclosed props, which is unlikely given the photo that appeared on their site.

Lastly, the final position places it pretty close to that last woman, and as my first point, the pages on her open book aren't being blown around and her hair isn't even fluttering.

Not a chance. That's why I'm thinking maybe the gimbal is detachable and maybe there's a battery pack/hand grip it clips onto for hand held shots. Maybe not, but I absolutely refuse to believe that was a flying shot.

I agree with everything you've said… except the conclusion drawn :D

I think it's possible that this is a very small ship with enclosed props, and the reason we don't see the wash is because the field of view is well out in front of it.

Now it is possible that it is a handheld gimbal that is being deftly passed between relay operators, but I favor the flying shot.

I agree with everything you've said… except the conclusion drawn :D

Ha! :D

I hope I am wrong and it was a flying shot, because that kind of abilities would be awesome. But I've built quads of a reasonable size to fit through those areas, and even without carrying a GoPro-class camera, the flight times are pretty limited (8 to 10 minutes at best), and they don't handle wind very well. The compromises really start stacking up at that size. Maybe the camera would have built-in stabilization, which would save the weight of a gimbal, or reduce it to just a pitch servo. I backed this on Kickstarter and plan, if it works as advertised, to build a quad specifically for it: SteadXP – New Video Stabilization solution

We'll see, don't have to wait too much longer now.

Reactions: Perry Lawrence

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela