Karma is coming...

You're assuming Karma is just a drone. If the camera is detachable and has built in stabilization, or if it's in a gimbal and that is detachable and useable on it's own, then the videos make perfect sense - use it on the drone for aerials, or handheld for indoor and other shots.
Hell, I been doing that my Solo For aerial, then detach GoPro & attach it EVO GP Pro Handheld Gimbal for Ground level & indoors "The BEST" Handheld for GoPro on the market!
I have been using the setup for for 3 months now. & a 1 year warranty EVO GP Pro made in the USA.
One big benefit is in post work, lot better & faster cause using the same camera.
I love it.

evo gp pro is crap IMHO...mine started going crazy after a month. I also dropped it a meter on a wooden surface and it broke into 2 pieces. The CNC Al felt nice in the hand though.

...detach GoPro & attach it EVO GP Pro Handheld Gimbal for Ground level & indoors "The BEST" Handheld for GoPro on the market!
...I love it.
evo gp pro is crap IMHO...mine started going crazy after a month. I also dropped it a meter on a wooden surface and it broke into 2 pieces...
Well... that's night and day there!

@MicBergsma demoed a handheld gimbal a while back that looked pretty good, but now I've forgotten which one. Wasn't that cheap.

well with 3Dr turning their back on consumers, DJI is still well DJI
Yuneec has great products but the cameras a mediocre (from what I have seen)
It is time to build, and keep an eye on the next platform. Going to watch that powereye
I'm happy that is an MFT, as I've already made quite an investment in that format (I have a JVC LS300).
We'll see how the product works out. You never know. Some things that look great in concept are actually dogs.

Time will tell, I have another year minimum on my solo life cycle, by then we should know if the eye pans out. I don't want another GoPro platform m43 is a minimum standard for a solo replacement for me

that dang power eye has me coveting a new drone almost like when the solo came out.
that thing looks fantastic, I sure hope it pans out
in the meantime my DIY is still on track to lift something with a M43

that dang power eye has me coveting a new drone almost like when the solo came out.
that thing looks fantastic, I sure hope it pans out
in the meantime my DIY is still on track to lift something with a M43
I would love to do that too (make an Octo big enough to lift an M43), but for me it's a time thing. Also, the fact that I'm on the road half the time demotivates me to make something I can't take with me. The Solo is JUST small enough so I can take it wherever I go in it's backpack (the fit in my duffle bag).

Last edited:
honestly I have found not having time to work on it constantly has kept me out of trouble.
My build has been slow because of that, but it gave me time to do research and not make many undoable mistakes'

Reactions: DattaGroover

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela