I installed an afermarket gimbal, but it wont go up

Reaction score
I have a fully stock 3dr solo, black cube, oficial firmware etc. but I wanted to install a gimbal and i find this tarot t-2d i think and 3d printed a piece so it sits perfectly in the solo, i did all the wireing but theres an odd problem, using the controller i can tilt the camera downwards, but it cant go upwards again, its really weird and i tryed to do something simillar to this video
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
, but the gimball just can go downwards, i conected the gimbal data conection to the chanel number 6 on the solo as show in this tutotial (
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
) but it just dont work, overall the gimball looks and works grate, has nice stabilization and looks almost stock but this detail its very anoying, if someone could help me, thanks!

I have a Tarot gimble and it's CAN bus controlled ... how did you get yours to do anything at all is puzzling ..
The CAN bus is outside the realm of my expertise and I work with microcontrollers everyday! I'll be thinking about your situation and look into my Tarot unit more closely.

I have a Tarot gimble and it's CAN bus controlled ... how did you get yours to do anything at all is puzzling ..
The CAN bus is outside the realm of my expertise and I work with microcontrollers everyday! I'll be thinking about your situation and look into my Tarot unit more closely.
After a good 10 hours of headache trying to connect the gimbal to my windows 10 computer, I was able to update the firmware and it just started working, thanks anyway!🤝

Excellent!
Yes, hours = success .. well, sometimes haha!
Can you give some details on this ? Your Tarot is NOT CAN bus controlled ??
It is using the regular servo pulse type of control input ?
It is a Tarot gimbal ?
Where did you get software file to update it with ?
.. and so on.
Very interested here!

Excellent!
Yes, hours = success .. well, sometimes haha!
Can you give some details on this ? Your Tarot is NOT CAN bus controlled ??
It is using the regular servo pulse type of control input ?
It is a Tarot gimbal ?
Where did you get software file to update it with ?
.. and so on.
Very interested here!
Okay, using my multimeter I found out that the solo sends a servo like pulse to control the gimbal pitch, and the tarot t-2d has a few pins out in the motherboard, and I did the installation based in this guide Tarot Gimbal — Rover documentation and in the exact same guide you can find the pc software and the gimbal firmware, the only thing is that the original serial cable just work up to windows 7, so i had a serial cable hanging around, I soldered the connections to the exact type of connector at the sides of the gimbal's pcb, and followed this guide to connect it to my pc Tarot T-2D Gimbal connection to Windows 10 Info

OK! Thank You! This type of surgery is right up my alley.

I have to admit something, it is a Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal I was thinking about from my junk box. It is for that "other" drone co. we don't talk about, haha .. I just got it out and re-discovered it in the light of day, it is definitely CAN bus and I have the driver module for it as well. For some reason I thought it was a Tarot.. I have some Walkera gimbals also which are 2D but very nice and lightweight. These are definite simple servo pulse controlled and this inspires me to mount one up for on a Solo.

btw have you flown it yet and does 2D look good enough on the Solo in flight?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc