Gimbal Frustrations

Reaction score
Website
vsasolutions.com
I am on the verge of calling it a day with Solo because of this freaking gimbal. The gimbal has worked beautifully the last three times out. Went to go fly in the neighborhood for a little while and now the gimbal does not tilt up or down. Locked at 90 degrees. No crashes, nothing different, used the foam bushing when transporting.

The gimbal is found. I am able to use the controller to take photos or start/stop the camera. I get my feed on both Solo app and Solex app. Any suggestions other than the cable? Is there a way to test tilt using Solex or Solo apps? That could help me determine if its a bad switch maybe.

Originally after installing the gimbal I had a hard getting it to tilt up and down but then started working after 10 reboots.

Ok, I think this machine is possessed and playing with me. Did one last power cycle on the Solo. Turned both controller and solo off again. Turned solo on first this time then turned on controller. Once controller said Gimbal Found it worked this time. Does this make sense to anyone?

Back when I had a similar issue...the controller's tilt paddle seemed stuck, forcing the camera down. My resolve was to open the controller and blow out the tilt paddle with air and then re-seat the cables. Not sure which of the efforts worked, either way its worked ever since...

Thanks Rich, I was thinking about doing that. I am thinking it’s a controller issue and not a gimbal issue or wired connection issue.

So for what it is with I discovered that if I start up solo first. Wait until it makes all of its beeps. Then start the controller, the gimbal is properly connecting and tilting. I replace a battery, I have to shut it all down and repeat. Must be something regarding the handshake between the two.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea