How to get live feed from Sony Action Cam

That's awesome and thanks for posting all details.
I also have a Sony camera and it's a lot better than the GoPro. Actually, I only bought a GP because of my Solo.
Need to try this one. How far were you able to maintain contact between PlayMemories and the camera? Have you tried the wristband? Could be also a good way to control it.

That's awesome and thanks for posting all details.
I also have a Sony camera and it's a lot better than the GoPro. Actually, I only bought a GP because of my Solo.
Need to try this one. How far were you able to maintain contact between PlayMemories and the camera? Have you tried the wristband? Could be also a good way to control it.

I only start up the Playmemories app when the solo is powered down to basically start video recording the reason being is "I cannot push the record button on the camera once mounted on the Gimbal".

I then close the playmemories app and turn on the Solo and use either solex or the stock solo app at that point. I do not fly the solo with the Playmemories App running period...When I land I shut down the solo and Solex/solo-app and only restart the Playmemory app to stop and save the video. It's worked so far that way with no hiccups.

2575b0e78fd993e958941c06c3b8ea27.jpg

I’ve gotten feed off these things when connected - it’s hit or miss, partly because they are jacked Chinese junk but decent for video as I have yet to be able to turn out the sort of thing from my available spices and ingredients in the fridge...

This thread is about using a Sony action cam on a Solo.

The Sony action cams, blows those cameras away in every aspect.. the live feed on those Chinese cams are hit or miss yes, the lenses and actual quality of video output pales in comparison to the Sony's Carl Zeiss lens especially low light levels and darker shadows they have HDR, WiFi, GPS and Exmor technology. You can pick one up for 100 bucks now.

But when on a budget the GoPro knock-offs do work with the solo 3d gimbal with little to no mods and, yes the video quality is not bad at all.

Reactions: Solo_Maverick
The more i fly this quad with the new open solo firmware the more i am firm that i made the right choice. this thing is super smooth even in a little bit of high winds. I do have a video of Kaiserslautern that i am going to upload after i trim the video. it will also so the cam in low light action. please standby.

Reactions: XevetS
what video editor do you prefer to use to edit? i am using the stock sony editor and the forum website still says it is too large

Just a quick update on my tablet, I did get it to work after the update. Now trying to connect a storm32 3 axis gimbal for that buttery smooth video now

Just a quick update on my tablet, I did get it to work after the update. Now trying to connect a storm32 3 axis gimbal for that buttery smooth video now

Let me know how that gimbal works out for you. Are you following certain instructions on the storm32 to get smart shots or are you just having the gimbal stabilise?

Let me know how that gimbal works out for you. Are you following certain instructions on the storm32 to get smart shots or are you just having the gimbal stabilise?
no i just received it and installing on the bird as we speak also my mount should here here any day now.

I am following instructions which are on the forums from XevetS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela