How to get live feed from Sony Action Cam

Reaction score
Hi everyone i have a question on how to get the feed from my camera from the Copter. I not a big fan of the go-pros. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated thank you and have a great day.

That's very vague. Plug the HDMI into it and see what happens.
Update to my situation. When plugged in and connected to solo and using my tablet I don't get Video feed but I do get the maps on my tablet since it uses GPS and Glonass, however when I use my phone I get the feed but not the accuracy of the maps like my tablet. My phone is a Sony Xperia z5 and my tablet is the Sony Xperia tablet Z3 mini

Update to my situation. When plugged in and connected to solo and using my tablet I don't get Video feed but I do get the maps on my tablet since it uses GPS and Glonass, however when I use my phone I get the feed but not the accuracy of the maps like my tablet. My phone is a Sony Xperia z5 and my tablet is the Sony Xperia tablet Z3 mini
And my cam I am using is the HDR-AS100V

This is weird. The video feed is getting sent from solo to the controller, the controller is then sending the video feed to your screen(phone, tablet), everything on the solos end appears to be working fine, since you get video on the phone. So the problem is stemming from the tablet, not the camera or the solo. I would think either a setting in the tablet isn't correct or there is a software issue going on with the tablet. I would try a soft and then hard reset on the tablet to try resolve the issue.

Last edited:
Thanks I will give the tablet reset a try and keep you posted, thanks for everyones input

Do you think updating to open solo might help or should I leave it stock or just update to the firmware anyway? Everyone's opinion is valuable

Opensolo is awesome and everything but I dont think that will help with the issue you are having. When you uninstalled the apps did you also uninstall the app data as well? Sometimes it saves the settings from the previous install. If you're phone is getting video feed and the app runs on the tablet there is no other reason for it not to be working other than an unnecessary setting/feature preventing it. In an LG tablet I had to change the settings to allow WiFi without internet capability in order to get video.

Opensolo is awesome and everything but I dont think that will help with the issue you are having. When you uninstalled the apps did you also uninstall the app data as well? Sometimes it saves the settings from the previous install. If you're phone is getting video feed and the app runs on the tablet there is no other reason for it not to be working other than an unnecessary setting/feature preventing it. In an LG tablet I had to change the settings to allow WiFi without internet capability in order to get video.
Thanks a light bulb just clicked in my head. I'll let you know the results

Nope didn't work even tried Bluetooth tethering still didn't work. I will keep trying, but for now I have to settle using my phone

I never even considered that.
Tried everything but no change. Even after I updated my firmware to opensolo 3.0 still no change, but it works on my phone so it's fine. Now to find a gimbal that I can use for my Sony action cam

Tried everything but no change. Even after I updated my firmware to opensolo 3.0 still no change, but it works on my phone so it's fine. Now to find a gimbal that I can use for my Sony action cam
I used a Storm32 based Goodluckbuy/sell 3d gimbal made for a gopro 60 bucks shipped (Fleabay) and I clocked it 90 degrees the roll is now the tilt..booya!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is the only vid I have uploaded when I was first testing it trying to get the PID'S ironed out, yes the horizon is off by a bit in this video, it is now corrected and works great I just need to upload some more vids...

IMG_20170125_152511.jpg
IMG_20170125_152502.jpg IMG_20170125_152607.jpg

Last edited:
I used a Storm32 based Goodluckbuy/sell 3d gimbal made for a gopro 60 bucks shipped (Fleabay) and I clocked it 45 degrees the roll is now the tilt..booya!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This is the only vid I have uploaded when I was first testing it trying to get the PID'S ironed out, yes the horizon is off by a bit in this video, it is now corrected and works great I just need to upload some more vids...

View attachment 7620
View attachment 7621 View attachment 7622
Awesome man, thank you for the information that exactly what I am looking for.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc