how do i get special permission to take my drone on royal caribbean

I would like to take my drone on the cruise this may 2016.

so that I can take pictures on our stops. I am not planning on using the drone while we are sailing.

have anybody gotten special permission from royal caribbean? to do this.
Why would you even need special permission!? Why do you ask on here instead of just asking them directly?

so that I can take pictures on our stops. I am not planning on using the drone while we are sailing.

Just be aware that you can't take off from a boat. It won't let you. Well, it might if the boat is still and the water is flat. But you'll have to take off from land - which it sounds like your planning.

Reactions: Paul Emmert
Just be aware that you can't take off from a boat. It won't let you. Well, it might if the boat is still and the water is flat. But you'll have to take off from land - which it sounds like your planning.
Lots of people film from boats. Cruise lines however have been known to confiscate drones since some people decided to fly from the ship, off balconies, etc.

Reactions: dirkclod
Lots of people film from boats. Cruise lines however have been known to confiscate drones since some people decided to fly from the ship, off balconies, etc.
Well you probably can take off from the deck of a cruise ship at dock, but I wasn't referring to what will be allowed... I was referring to the issues the Solo has initializing on anything but firm stable ground. Hopefully we will get the long awaited "boat mode" soon.

I've only been on one cruise and at the speed they travel, it would be way to windy to fly while moving. And it doesn't ever stop in the ocean.

I believe that you can take your Solo on board, but have to turn it over to the crew while sailing. When you reach your ports of call, they will give it back, and then you are subject to whatever port you are in and their regs, if any. You would be wise to check your cruise line, as well as each ports regulations.

I just went on a cruise with Princess on Jan 2 and I took my solo. It got confiscated at embarkation, like it was a pound of drugs! I got a claim check for it, so I can take it on ports of call. They do not want you to fly it around the ship, even in port. I fly it around Puerto Vallarta. Very cool.

Here is the video. Didn't get the chance to edit yet.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I really do thank all of, you guys for the info and comments
I am following-up with the cruise line now.
and yes i am only planning on using the drone while on shore, only.

I will let everyone know how it goes for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: J R
thanks.
sempi fi

Semper Fi, not "sempi fi", maybe I misjudged.

"Semper fidelis is a Latin phrase that means "always faithful" or "always loyal". In the United States it is best known as the motto of the United States Marine Corps. Elsewhere, it is a common motto for towns, families, schools, and military units."

Jerry

Semper Fi, not "sempi fi", maybe I misjudged.

"Semper fidelis is a Latin phrase that means "always faithful" or "always loyal". In the United States it is best known as the motto of the United States Marine Corps. Elsewhere, it is a common motto for towns, families, schools, and military units."

Jerry
jerry...sorry about that....I am a U.S.Marine....I am multi-tasking...at least trying...I am not doing a very good job...on the phone...reading post's....email....checking my online boarding information for the ship...

"Semper FI" - Devil Dog...Always...and forever...

Considering these cruise ships are doing up to 20 knots with relative wind and gusts greater than this you are just begging to lose your solo if you attempt to fly it while underway and they will also tell you that they value the privacy of their guests so flying within view of the passengers is forbidden.

Jerry,

You ever been to Indianapolis?
Considering these cruise ships are doing up to 20 knots with relative wind and gusts greater than this you are just begging to lose your solo if you attempt to fly it while underway and they will also tell you that they value the privacy of their guests so flying within view of the passengers is forbidden.

I do not want to fly while sailing. I understand all of this. I have been on aircraft carrier. I spend a lot of time in the U.S. Marines. i only want to used my drone when the ship make stops. we will be stopping at Jamaica, Haiti, and Cozumel. I throught that it would be nice to get some cools pictures when I stop at these places. Me and my wife will be celebrating our anniversary.

What did you find out? I'm going on Oasis of the Seas next month and would like to take mine. Just don't know who to contact.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andre felipe colorado