Pixhawk 2.4.8 how to get started ? Power plug failed. need more amperage ?

Reaction score
I'm in way over my head with drone radios. i could really use some help.
I plugged the power cable in, put 5.5 v on the red and the black next to it.
This shut down my voltage regulator. USB works but not sure how to power
the pixhawk on the drone. battery was 500 mAh, 11.1 v.
Then there's the software. Do i really need to configure it ?
I'm not flying with the pixhawk. I only want to control the flir camera.
Flir come with 3 cables, telemetry, pwm3, and pwm 4. I have the gps module.
Flir shows using the Pixhawk. Thanks, Oldranger.

Reactions: Solo Keith
Hi Oldranger,
First off, Pixhawk power...the power is delivered in two sets of two wires: two positive, and two negative, each set is in parallel for current handling. They are on OPPOSITE sides of the standard PX
six conductor cable, the center two wires are for voltage and current monitoring. It sounds like you
shorted out the voltage regulator if you connected as indicated.

Also, 5.5 volts is too high. Much above 5.3V is asking for trouble. Hopefully the regulator just folded back and is not fried.

POWER

PinSignalVolt
1 (red)VCC+5V
2 (blk)VCC+5V
3 (blk)CURRENTup to +3.3V
4 (blk)VOLTAGEup to +3.3V
5 (blk)GNDGND
6 (blk)GNDGND

Careful! GL!

John

Much appreciated. I tried to do without the module since I'm monitoring the drone thru its app. However, for 5.3 v I'm going to need it. As I look at the pixhawk software I see where I probably could do everything that I'm doing with the litchi. Too much to learn. I'm going to try and fly with Litchi and DJI 3 Pro controller and control the Flir camera with the AT10ii and R12DS plus connect the Pixhawk. Again, thank you.

Much appreciated. I tried to do without the module since I'm monitoring the drone thru its app. However, for 5.3 v I'm going to need it. As I look at the pixhawk software I see where I probably could do everything that I'm doing with the litchi. Too much to learn. I'm going to try and fly with Litchi and DJI 3 Pro controller and control the Flir camera with the AT10ii and R12DS plus connect the Pixhawk. Again, thank you.
Hi Oldranger - you definitely want a power module for a PX. Definitely set-up voltage monitoring unless you have the means of detecting critically low flight battery voltage - PX Failsafe mechanism will offer either immediate landing or Return To Home options based on the battery monitor.

I strongly advise going thru the complete PX setup steps in Mission Planner or QC...

Best luck! John

Reactions: Solo Keith

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo