how do I get a pixhawk to completely ignore pitch roll and yaw

Reaction score
I am testing something and am needing to use a pixhawk, in order to do what I need to do, but I also need to get the pixhawk to completely ignore pitch, roll, yaw etc. so it doesn't try and correct for them, as that is being dealt with else where in the system, all I need it to do is try and increase it's height or decrease the height depending on what it is told to do. This doesn't sound hard to do, but I canny see how you do it within the mission planner. Any help would be appreciated.

Encase it becomes important it's a pixhawk 2.4.6 I believe.

Without really understanding what you are doing it will be tough to give you a specific answer but will try to help.
I'd look at the full Parameter tree (while connected to the Pixhawk) to see if there are any parameters you can adjust to reduce sensitivity to pitch and roll.
Also remember you may find the functionality you need with a different firmware load (I.e. Plane or Rover) so don't limit your search to Copter. Too bad they don't have a firmware version for Hot Air Balloon!

I don't think what you're asking is possible. You probably CAN detune it to the point where it won't stabilize itself. But you're not going to be able to control it by any either means either.

I am testing something and am needing to use a pixhawk, in order to do what I need to do, but I also need to get the pixhawk to completely ignore pitch, roll, yaw etc. so it doesn't try and correct for them, as that is being dealt with else where in the system, all I need it to do is try and increase it's height or decrease the height depending on what it is told to do. This doesn't sound hard to do, but I canny see how you do it within the mission planner. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm not sure what you are asking to do either, but maybe put the Pixhawk in Acro mode to avoid autocorrection, and then only map the throttle channel. Leave the other channels "disconnected," pitch, roll, yaw. That way in Acro mode the Pixhawk will not attempt to compensate for being at an angle and you will only have throttle to go up and down. Just a thought.

I don't think what you're asking is possible. You probably CAN detune it to the point where it won't stabilize itself. But you're not going to be able to control it by any either means either.

I have got a means to stabilise it for our purposes, and that's good to know thanks.

I'm not sure what you are asking to do either, but maybe put the Pixhawk in Acro mode to avoid autocorrection, and then only map the throttle channel. Leave the other channels "disconnected," pitch, roll, yaw. That way in Acro mode the Pixhawk will not attempt to compensate for being at an angle and you will only have throttle to go up and down. Just a thought.

ok thanks I will look into that

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbeatle