HDMI "D" cable

Reaction score
Website
www.timorden.com
You guys know the infamous HDMI cable that goes from the mainboard to the gimbal? Where can I buy one? Yes, I mean the standard 11 incher. I need to get a supplier in the US that uses USPS for shipping. I'm here in Hawaii. I'll tell you more when i get it and figure out if the problem is my existing cable.
mahalo
Tim Orden

Tim, nobody is replacing the stock cable with another stock cable. If you are having vibration problems they are using flat ribbon cables.

3DRelish.com has a custom cable made just for Solo that works well.
Unfortunately, they are in Singapore and shipping is a little slow, but they are a reputable supplier for us.

Others have found different cables from various sources with varying degrees of success. I'll try to find some threads where they are mentioned.

If you want to tell us what problems you're having we'll try to help you pinpoint the problem- might save you from buying a cable!:)

I solved my vibration problems without replacing it.

Well, it's not about vibration: I went through a check list with the #3DR tech and it's either the hdmi cable, the mainboard or the GPH4S. The issue is one where I cannot see the preview (stream) in the app. Yes, all recent updates in. The cam does send a signal to a monitor from the cam. it's not the gimbal as I get nothing direct from the cable to cam to board. So now I need a cable to check if the problem is the cable or the cam or the board. I've already ordered a relish ribbon but that's not gonna get to me for a while. I was hoping to buy or borrow a cable from someone. I can't find any such cables around here. (two male HDMI "D") If another HDMI cable works then I know it's my present cable. If not, I've got other places to weed out.
thanks

Tim

OK more... after looking through this forum I realize that there's another place I should check to see if I get a video signal. That is, the HDMI port on the controller. If I get a signal there then I'm assuming it's the app.

btw, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and 3dr services as per #3DR tech.

Anyone wanna win a cupie doll? Step right up gentlemen.

Oh, my app is living on an Android Note 4. Also, the gimbal just got to me from 3DR on an RMA. (New)

Last edited:
Reactions: Maddog
Ahh.. I see. As you probably know Android devices are infamous for not playing well with Solo app.

I just got a Nexus 7 (2013) from Amazon for $129 just to run Tower. It runs Solo app fine- so far. (I made sure to turn off auto-updates, and have updated nothing.)

Well, it's not about vibration: I went through a check list with the #3DR tech and it's either the hdmi cable, the mainboard or the GPH4S. The issue is one where I cannot see the preview (stream) in the app. Yes, all recent updates in. The cam does send a signal to a monitor from the cam. it's not the gimbal as I get nothing direct from the cable to cam to board. So now I need a cable to check if the problem is the cable or the cam or the board. I've already ordered a relish ribbon but that's not gonna get to me for a while. I was hoping to buy or borrow a cable from someone. I can't find any such cables around here. (two male HDMI "D") If another HDMI cable works then I know it's my present cable. If not, I've got other places to weed out.
thanks

Tim

OK more... after looking through this forum I realize that there's another place I should check to see if I get a video signal. That is, the HDMI port on the controller. If I get a signal there then I'm assuming it's the app.

btw, I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and 3dr services as per #3DR tech.

Anyone wanna win a cupie doll? Step right up gentlemen.

Oh, my app is living on an Android Note 4. Also, the gimbal just got to me from 3DR on an RMA. (New)
Tim I'm gonna be one of those guys that says "I have that issue too.." and the reality is many others do as well and I have yet to find the fix. I too have updated or re-installed everything to no avail. I'm thinking HDMI cable now as well because I have tried 3 different devices (2 x Android and 1 x iOS) with a fourth iOS being tested tonight.

It's definitely a fault and it appears to be common. It's very sad and extremely frustrating.

let's see, I've eliminated the theory that it might be because I am using an android device for the ap. I tried an IOs device... same red scrambled screen. I have a ribbon cable on the way, but it's gonna be weeks, I'm sure. I've gone to various local stores to try and get a type "D" mini male on both ends, HDMI cable. None around unless i go through $50-$60 of adapters. All I want to do is try a new cable and see if its the problem.
Here's what I'm thinking....

if a new cable doesn't fix the problem:
1) It might be the camera
2) It might be something in the mainboard

Last edited:
Ahh.. I see. As you probably know Android devices are infamous for not playing well with Solo app.

I just got a Nexus 7 (2013) from Amazon for $129 just to run Tower. It runs Solo app fine- so far. (I made sure to turn off auto-updates, and have updated nothing.)
Well Madddog, it wasn't the app platform. Tried an IOs, same result.

Well well my liddal Droogies... I just got the needed HDMI rib on cable from (oh shoot.. You know) and it seems that the originl HDMI cable was the problem.
I just did a walk around the block with full fpv, cam control, and a very smooth gimbalation.
I am proud to announce that after 7 months, I am finally 100% functional.
I'm not holding my breath though. "Solo" is synonymous with "unexpected." Or at least, it has been.
I'm of a mind to almost allow myself to get excited.

Well well my liddal Droogies... I just got the needed HDMI rib on cable from (oh shoot.. You know) and it seems that the originl HDMI cable was the problem.
I just did a walk around the block with full fpv, cam control, and a very smooth gimbalation.
I'm not holding my breath though. "Solo" is synonymous with "unexpected." Or at least, it has been.
Hey, good to know- thanks for the update!

Gimbalation! Haha... now that's a new word! So, where was the HDMI Cable/ribbon replacement from? Is it the Polar Pro one?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc