Reaction score
Help-
Purchased cube in December . Waited for the final version to be released before Installing open solo. Tested the drone before opening it up. Installed cube and followed instructions to detail using Solex.
After installing parameters lost Wi-Fi connection .
Downloaded Winscp and am trying to figure out how to finish.

Help- leaving town Saturday for a week and need it to fly for this trip.
Capt Cary

It's odd that you "lost" wifi connection Can you give a little more detail regarding what happens if you look for the wifi connection (not just hit connect). The more detail you give the easier it will be for people to help out. So go through all the steps you tried so they know what to eliminate.

After re-reading my issues with the GC, I think you're better off solving the WiFi connection issue first and then trying to upload open solo 3.0 again. It's a heck of a lot easier to do.

Did you manage to upload and install Open Solo and the Parameters?
Did you also install Open Solo on your controller?
When you power cycle, is your drone connecting to your controller?

Last edited:
Did you out the green cube in before installing open solo?
No. i followed the instructions on the github site. I installed open solo then did a test flight to ensure it installed correctly. I have Solex v1.6.7 installed. Controller and vehicle have 3.0.0 and the cube I believe was 3.5.4 but I cannot tell for sure because Solex will not connect to the Sololink wi-fi signal.
I do see the Wi-fi signal but the app will not connect.
I lost the ability after this part of the instructions:

"After 3-5 minutes, you will hear some tones signalling completion. It will come back to life, reconnecting with the controller and Solex."

I did hear the tone.

"Reset Parameters: With the Solex app reconnected to the Solo, click the Reset Params button on the firmware update screen of Solex. When prompted, power cycle the solo."
After this step, Solex would not reconnect.
I have a rapid orange light blinking on the cube and 4 green leds on the copter.

Thanks for your help,
Capt Cary

It's odd that you "lost" wifi connection Can you give a little more detail regarding what happens if you look for the wifi connection (not just hit connect). The more detail you give the easier it will be for people to help out. So go through all the steps you tried so they know what to eliminate.

After re-reading my issues with the GC, I think you're better off solving the WiFi connection issue first and then trying to upload open solo 3.0 again. It's a heck of a lot easier to do.

Did you manage to upload and install Open Solo and the Parameters?
YES

Did you also install Open Solo on your controller?
YES. it says OPENSOLO on the controller.

When you power cycle, is your drone connecting to your controller?
Controller says:"Waiting for SOLO"

This is where I left off on the installation instructions:
  • Reset Parameters: With the Solex app reconnected to the Solo, click the Reset Params button on the firmware update screen of Solex. When prompted, power cycle the solo.
After power cycling, I show Sololink wifi signal in Solex but when I hit "Connect" it says "Looking for vehicle".

thanks for your help,
Capt Cary

Seems like you might need to reseat that MicroSD card inside Solo.

It is located right next to the pixhawk on the i.mx6 board. There are a couple tutorials on YouTube and at least one good thread on these forums.

If you have rapid flashing lights on the pixhawk, that is why it won't connect. Do not mess with the SD card, that has nothing to do with it.

First SSH/SFTP into the Solo and make sure there is nothing in the /firmware/ directory. And make the the /VERSION file is indicting Open Solo 3.0.0. Then with the solo powered off, you'll need to hook up to the pixhawk with a USB cable and manually load ArduPlane firmware. That will wipe the pixhawk out. Boot up the Solo and it will reconnect as normal. Load the ArduCopter 3.5.4 package in Solex and reboot again. Done.

My apologies.
My lack of knowledge is showing.

P2P- what does the rapid flashing on the PixHawk indicate to you?

Hi,
A little confused about which aurdupilot files to load and where.
I download 3.5.5 but nothing extracted looks familiar.
What am I missing?

Cary

Still struggling with a green cube installation. The solo has 3.0.0. And I cleared out the firmware directory.
I loaded arducopter 3.5 into the firmware directory .
I unplugged the solo and put the battery in and rebooted.
I still have a rapid flashing lights on the green cube and solid green led's. I tried holding the reset button and nothing.
Any reasonable advice would be appreciated.
I'm leaving town for a couple weeks without internet so it may take a while till I can finish the installation.

Cary

Last edited:
Still struggling with a green cube installation. The solo has 3.0.0. And I cleared out the firmware directory.
I loaded arducopter 3.5 into the firmware directory .
I unplugged the solo and put the battery in and rebooted.
I still have a rapid flashing lights on the green cube and solid green led's. I tried holding the reset button and nothing.
Any reasonable advice would be appreciated.
I'm leaving town for a couple weeks without internet so it may take a while till I can finish the installation.

Cary

Were you ever able to resolve this?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc