SOLO Green Cube install through Solex

Reaction score
Hi everyone..
I'm trying to update my Solo with Solex so I can install the green cube.

I'm confused
My solo is in perfect working order,it's connected to the internet,Solex open and connected, unfortunately when I search for the required firmware updates...i get three updates..two which are Arducopter updates..but they're not the right updates and they also say that they're not for my vehicle and will let me upload them, but not download them.Refreshing doesn't help.
ETC
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

Hi everyone..
I'm trying to update my Solo with Solex so I can install the green cube.

I'm confused
My solo is in perfect working order,it's connected to the internet,Solex open and connected, unfortunately when I search for the required firmware updates...i get three updates..two which are Arducopter updates..but they're not the right updates and they also say that they're not for my vehicle and will let me upload them, but not download them.Refreshing doesn't help.
ETC
Can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong ?

I had the same problem. Very Flakey. They do work. But what I had to do was to connect to the internet, download the three files. The imx python script, which you need to run first, then the two arducopter files.
They will show downloaded. But when I connected to the Solo it did not show them. You do have to wait a while during the download of parameters and the little message in the lower right says it is downloading parameters. But even so I could not "see" the downloaded firmware files in the firmware list in Solex. So what I had to do to get it to work was to re-connect back to the internet, where I could see the files listed under "firmware" then I opened the first file, the im6 file which must be loaded before the swap of the green cube hardware. With the file open it would say it was not for the this device or something like that and the install button would not be there. At that point I would then connect to the Solo. After it connected and it downloaded the parameters the install button would appear. It was quite flakey but doing this I was able to get all the files installed and the new hardware working.

Certainly not saying you should do this but this is what I had to do to get the Green Cube installed.

PS Note that the Arducopter file names will change as time goes on. The video from JestersDrones shows 3.5.0 but Arducopter is now 3.5.2 in the Solex packages and it will soon be 3.5.3 when the new packages are assembled for Solex.

I guess I for one don't know what OPENSolo is. I assume that was a path for the existing upgrades to the stock Solo FC. Is OpenSolo the standard ArduCopter in Master?

Open Solo is the path for upgrades to both stock cube and Green Cube. You have to update to Open Solo on the stock cube before you install the Green Cube now.

Open Solo is the path for upgrades to both stock cube and Green Cube. You have to update to Open Solo on the stock cube before you install the Green Cube now.
It still is a bit confusing. I get the name now but I thought that once the Green Cube was using Master that you could update with the normal Mission Planner install.

I had the same problem. Very Flakey. They do work. But what I had to do was to connect to the internet, download the three files. The imx python script, which you need to run first, then the two arducopter files.
They will show downloaded. But when I connected to the Solo it did not show them. You do have to wait a while during the download of parameters and the little message in the lower right says it is downloading parameters. But even so I could not "see" the downloaded firmware files in the firmware list in Solex. So what I had to do to get it to work was to re-connect back to the internet, where I could see the files listed under "firmware" then I opened the first file, the im6 file which must be loaded before the swap of the green cube hardware. With the file open it would say it was not for the this device or something like that and the install button would not be there. At that point I would then connect to the Solo. After it connected and it downloaded the parameters the install button would appear. It was quite flakey but doing this I was able to get all the files installed and the new hardware working.

Thanks for the reply..but I'm still confused.
When I download the firmware updates I get
Arducopter 3.5.3 firmware.zip
Arducopter 3.5.x parameters.zip
Camera trigger Mod.zip
Here Compass Parameters.zip
no python downloads.

those aren't the files I was told to download. How do I get the right files and do I need to download them to the old pixhawk before the new green cube.

Certainly not saying you should do this but this is what I had to do to get the Green Cube installed.

PS Note that the Arducopter file names will change as time goes on. The video from JestersDrones shows 3.5.0 but Arducopter is now 3.5.2 in the Solex packages and it will soon be 3.5.3 when the new packages are assembled for Solex.

It still is a bit confusing. I get the name now but I thought that once the Green Cube was using Master that you could update with the normal Mission Planner install.
you can, but with open solo you get all the good bits for the controller and PIDS

Finally received my Green cube after waiting 20 days from Proficnc I'm really surprised it arrived in one piece as it was only packed in a padded envelope no box at all From Hong Kong "what the F are they thinking" its an electronic marvel that controls a 3+ Lb. drone at great speeds and great heights what could possibly go wrong? Anyway, so I installed it today along with a Here GPS/Compass, I followed Matt's instructions to a Tee and it worked flawlessly! Thanks again Matt for all the hard work you rock!
love the new LED Scheme. It feels like a different bird, very responsive yet very precise. The HERE is highly recommended It holds position like it is literally nailed to the sky. This Solo is my FPV bird to be used for inspections in the future.

[FPV.jpg
IMG_20171027_155431.jpg
IMG_20171027_155411.jpg

Last edited:
The mRo holds its position equally well. The compass on it vs. the leg compass may be better depending on payload being carried. The form factor with the mRo is a bit better. My HERE aircraft needs a little more testing before I can say what is better. Its all better than stock.

Reactions: XevetS
I have that same 5.8 receiver. It's good.
Yeah it's a super cheap setup just to test it out. I had all this stuff laying around from previous builds, I cannot wear a headset because I get kind of nauseated. I really like to peer on a monitor and can also keep an eye on the bird easier. I love the runcam 2 great video and super low latency works great!

Reactions: Saijin_Naib
I have a 600mw 5.8 transmitter on a DIY aircraft with CP antennas on both ends and it works great. I use channel 38 I think but I don't think it makes a difference.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigmiiike0421