Bad Wi-Fi signal after Solex + Open Solo

Reaction score
Hello Guys!

Help needed. Here`s the thing.
My location Europe.
Was on standard Solo fw and Solo software, default antennas, easy got 700m without signal loss in open area.
Due ch7 trigger, moved to Open Solo, also bought Solex app and here the problems started.

The same hardware, only different software.
Are there specific settings I need to change?

>VIDEO HERE<

Changed antennas to ALFA, the same, dissembled controller to check if antenna connectors are not loose (no loose conectors)

Thought that settings in Solex, changing Country from Australia to European Union, changes something (that setting I changed after installation).
Actually does, changing back to Australia, could fly some 250m before signal was lost. Better, but not the same as@ the beginning.
S90127-152318_a.jpg
Does Country option in Solex change signal strength? Which to choose?

Wil go on test flight tomorrow to check:
1. Different Country in Solex.
2. Solo app instead of Solex.
3. What else to check, where could be the problem?

Last edited:
You haven't actually explained what problem you experienced. So I assume it's that it disconnected when you were climbing straight up above you? Were you not pointing the Alfa antennas straight up?

The country setting is used by the solo to set it's wifi power limit. The selector option in Solex doesn't actually know what it was previously set for, which is why it sometimes shows something else. But when you set it, it does do it and it sticks.

In the video attached, remote has 3DR Solo stock omnidirectional antennas.
Also can see that wi-fi signal strength decreases heavily, at 2m from drone it is -35 db, going some 8m away already -50 db

A bit of shame, that you pay 32€ for an app, and there are no description about Country settings ☹

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc