Going to be flying a yuneec

Reaction score
For the next few weeks I am going to have access to a Yuneec 4K
Looking at the video from the CGO3 cameras they seem real soft.
Not much about processing the footage around

anyone flying one of these have thoughts compared to a GPH4 black?
Is their camera that bad or am I just seeing people who do not know how to post process?

guess I will find out soon.
sure seems odd there is so little about working with video from that camera

The Yuneec Q is more soft; the Yuneec H has a different lens, but same codec and same processing hardware. It is expected to be sharper. I have both, and have published video from the Q a couple months ago. The GoPro stock lens is a bit sharper.
I'll post video from the H after this weekend.

Reactions: pyrate
Pyrate - how do you like that lens on your GP? Was it difficult to install?
Very easy to install, I used the method that just unscrews the lens from the front. Not taking the entire camera apart when I did the 4.4
The 3.97 that I have now I just let Peau install.

They did have a special and install, profile removal and lens was 240 I think
I really like that lens, it sharpens nicely in post and is good FOV for aerial work at least for me

The Yuneec Q is more soft; the Yuneec H has a different lens, but same codec and same processing hardware. It is expected to be sharper. I have both, and have published video from the Q a couple months ago. The GoPro stock lens is a bit sharper.
I'll post video from the H after this weekend.

Looking forward to you results, was trying to figure out what the differences were in the CGO3 and CG03+ camera
When that one comes down a little in price it will be a tempting bird

Same camera, same codec, different lens to compensate. Mine is waiting for me at home, but being in Hawaii....it's not like I want to rush. :)

Can you tell which is the GoPro and which is the CGO3 from the Q500?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
I can tell you that once you render to 1080P and post online, you have to really look carefully for the differences. One area where the GoPro really shines is in low light.
For the average consumer, the Q5004k is easy to fly, and produces stable high-quality video that will satisfy most people… Is it as good as GoPro?… Absolutely not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

there is more control over the camera in the yuneec, being able to change shutter speed is the big one missing in Gopro
sadly that is the one sore sport for the gopro, a lot of the auto adjustment of the video while good for most action sports situations is not the best for someone needing more consistent results afforded by manual controls.

still, the gopro with a 3.97 lens in the correct hands is going to be hard to beat in this application

Both cameras were set to Auto as I like to do tests that I think apply to the average consumer rather than to the more advanced videographers on this forum.

I've got the Peau 5.4 lens on one of my GPs and was taking roof pictures today as a test from about 30 feet above the roof.
Now that is a lens my friends.
I can see a LOT of detail that I did not get with the stock lens and focus. Its on a par with the stills I get from my Canon 330HS, but a lot easier to get with the Solo (vs the Iris+)

I can tell you that once you render to 1080P and post online, you have to really look carefully for the differences. One area where the GoPro really shines is in low light.
For the average consumer, the Q5004k is easy to fly, and produces stable high-quality video that will satisfy most people… Is it as good as GoPro?… Absolutely not

my vote is that the gopro is on the left

The gopro (left) does a lot better job if you look at the palm trees in the sunlight along the sidewalk in the background. The CG03 seems to wash it out about 30% more. It looks like much better contrast on the GP.

Well I got to fly today.
Battery life was about 15 minutes I somehow expected it would be longer.
it is stable in the air but mushy, not as responsive as solo even on rabbit. could be I am just used to the solo sticks but it seemed awkward to fly.
I will give it a big plus on the follow, was very smooth compared to solo in its current config.
Video with just default settings, was soft but on par with stock solo videos without protune or post.

I can see why some people might prefer the 4K over solo.
But I am definitely not one of those people

Reactions: DattaGroover
Very easy to install, I used the method that just unscrews the lens from the front. Not taking the entire camera apart when I did the 4.4
The 3.97 that I have now I just let Peau install.

They did have a special and install, profile removal and lens was 240 I think
I really like that lens, it sharpens nicely in post and is good FOV for aerial work at least for me
I concur. I also have the 3.97 and it works very well for me. I ALSO have a GP Hero 4 Black with a 5.8 that I use less, but is also a great lens. I love being able to switch the cameras out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso