Solo original battery weird behavior

Reaction score
So I have this battery since 2018 and I didn't use it during the whole covid thing, so I kept it in the box like 2 years, in storage voltage, but just a few weeks ago I used the drone again and I got less than 2 minutes of flight, so I tried to calibrate it but it didn't affect the flight time, today i connected it to the drone without charging it since the last flight to calibrate it again but the app told me the drone was like 15.something volts, and 76%, but the leds on the battery itself was at 1 and flashing, so I turned it off and on again and now it showed 7 LEDs, so i tried flying it again without charging it and it took off for like a minute before going to >10%, I really don't want to change the cells mostly because where I live are very pricey and hard to find, and I don't think my actual battery Is this bad, because all this years has been mostly in storage ad middle voltage, I need to do the calibration process again? Or what can I do?

So I have this battery since 2018 and I didn't use it during the whole covid thing, so I kept it in the box like 2 years, in storage voltage, but just a few weeks ago I used the drone again and I got less than 2 minutes of flight, so I tried to calibrate it but it didn't affect the flight time, today i connected it to the drone without charging it since the last flight to calibrate it again but the app told me the drone was like 15.something volts, and 76%, but the leds on the battery itself was at 1 and flashing, so I turned it off and on again and now it showed 7 LEDs, so i tried flying it again without charging it and it took off for like a minute before going to >10%, I really don't want to change the cells mostly because where I live are very pricey and hard to find, and I don't think my actual battery Is this bad, because all this years has been mostly in storage ad middle voltage, I need to do the calibration process again? Or what can I do?

Sadly lipos have a limited storage life, and all we can hope to do is prolong the inevitable loss of capacity. As they age, they become increasingly unpredictable as well, prone to sudden voltage drops, internal resistance changes, and self heating. Not much you can do, other than risk flying it or replace it with newly manufactured cells.

you can replace the cells, og get a BMSOne and fly with any normal 4S battery

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarkHKB40