Gimbal tilt function

Reaction score
Is the gimbal tilt function ( which doesn’t work) controled by software or hardware. Basically one of mine is stuck in place. The gimbal works fine, I put it on another solo and it works perfect. So, following an old thread, I reset the perimeters, that had no effect. I checked inside the controller and nothing looked out of place.
Any words of wisdom on this issue?

By you confirming that the gimbal works in another Solo indicates to me a hardware issue with the controller. Since you do have another controller, you could pair with the problem Solo to narrow down further. If it turns out to be the controller B&H still has controllers for sale...

Assuming you are running a stock Solo....

If you have ever opened the controller case, I would look for a broken wire or a plug that has poped off

You might want to check the preset angle buttons on the controller, perhaps they are both too close together preventing the gimbal from moving past the set range, But I'm not sure if the paddle overrides the tilt angle preset? Just reaching here...

To manually adjust the tilt angle of the Solo Gimbal, use the tilt control paddle to move the gimbal up and down. You can also set up an automatic tilt control using the ‘1’ and ‘2’ button presets. These buttons are located above and below the tilt speed dial, To tilt to a preset angle, simply press either button and use the dial to adjust the tilt speed. To save a new preset angle, hold ‘1’ or ‘2’.

Last edited:
This is a Green Cube solo. I checked the wires associated with the tilt, all are fine ( this was my first guess after I posted).
Now the controller cant find the gimbal.

So today I will try another controller, if that works I'll try a stick cal. On the original controller.

Have you flown this solo since this install? It sounds like you haven't loaded parameters. Load the latest ArduCopter 3.5.4 firmware package from Solex and reboot. Then hit the reset params button and reboot again. That should fix whatever you have set wrong and ensure you're on the latest.

Reactions: RichWest
Thanks, if my aging mind is right I did this BUT in the wrong order. Get back to you soon as I can.

OK, done. I can now set the presets but the controller cannot find the gimbal. Of course I need to calibrate, weather way to bad for that today. Above freezing will return in a day or two. Yes I'm a wimp. I 'll get back soonest.

189BFADE-1A9A-4B50-8157-05BC98FC10FC.jpeg 351A6CDB-E54C-4DC4-AC9B-BCF17BE01787.jpeg The beat goes on. I purchased a new controller (untouched by human hands). I swapped the the WIFI Card from the old controller into the new one. The new one was looking for an initial update. I recall that Open solo controller has eliminated the need for the SOLO app so I installed the newest open Solo for the controller. I also updated the perimeters. The update for Open Solo vechical did not appear in the updates. Sooo this is what I have now. I can’t figure out what to at this point. I bet PtoP and the other smart cookies will know what to do, PLEASE

I thought so but for some reason I could not get the copter to download. I’ll keep trying. Thanks.

Victory!!! Thanks for all the help and patience. Now all I need is a field without knee deep snow. Belated Happy New Year.

Almost forgot! Gimbal works perfectly. It’s hard to remember that the initial goal was to drain the swamp when your knee deep in aligaters!

Hello every one,

I'm not going to make a new thread as my problem is similar.
I bought a Solo Gimbal 2 month ago at a reasonable and just installed it for christmas and the tilt of the gimbal is not working.
I tough that it could also come from the remote controller but if I use the Solo simulator with the controller the button is working.
I have a stock Solo in 2.4.2 (I tried to connect the Solo with APM planner but when i change the gimbal settings nothing is happening)
The Gimbal seems to work fine just no tilt ?
Any idea ?
Thank you

PS : Should i upgrade to Open Solo
PS 2 : Since my last iPhone update when i click recorde, i don't have video feedback.

Last edited:
After what I just finished doing I'd say upgrade to open solo. Everything else I tried did not fix it. BUT, at least open the controller and make sure there are no broken wires going to the left gumbal control.

After what I just finished doing I'd say upgrade to open solo. Everything else I tried did not fix it. BUT, at least open the controller and make sure there are no broken wires going to the left gumbal control.
Ok, I Will open the controller but the Tilt control button is working with Solo Simulator.
I'm using Mac and iPhone Solex in only for android ? What is the easiest way to install Open Solo ?

I THINK it's called Side Pilot, should be able to download in Apple store. Don't rush when you install, read Pedals2Paddles and download Instructions/. I'm sure someone will chime in if I'm wrong . I'm not a Mac or IPhone guy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks