Gimbal Shipping info (or lack of)

Do you have your gimbal?

• yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • no

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters
Yes! you are in luck! That's why Adimuzio513 suggested that the guys at 3DR are using a dart board in order to determine who gets and when. Enjoy!
Lot of solo's available, but did he get a gimbal with it?. B&H always had Solo in stock. I got mine in 3 days back in early July. But like everyone else. Waiting for a piece of this puzzle. I have enjoyed the learning curve & ready to complete this puzzle.

Sent from the 4th dimension using my Nexus 6

Not really a point per se. In any case, a little bird,,actually a BIG bird has told me that gimbal shipments are up to 2500/ per month now and all back orders will be filled soon. And that CS and TS head count is going up dramatically! Having service available is all part of what we are paying for. Also, not going to go into detail but there are some extremely exciting new enhahcements coming down the pipe. So cool and unique it will set SOLO apart from others by a very wide margin. Stay tuned. Good stuff coming!!!

Not really a point per se. In any case, a little bird,,actually a BIG bird has told me that gimbal shipments are up to 2500/ per month now and all back orders will be filled soon. And that CS and TS head count is going up dramatically! Having service available is all part of what we are paying for. Also, not going to go into detail but there are some extremely exciting new enhahcements coming down the pipe. So cool and unique it will set SOLO apart from others by a very wide margin. Stay tuned. Good stuff coming!!!

Let's hope for the best.

well my Gimbal is "on the truck for delivery" today (B&H order 4/16) I am very interested in that Pipe you speak of. Any hints? I'm especially interested in optical flow and avoidance sensing as I AM the worst pilot ever and really need that kind of help-
Can you ask Big Bird?

Rik, rumors get started so quickly, then morph into something totally different, and seems in the forums if "the thing" that it morphed into never is "delivered, all kinds of folks start getting upset, bitching, whining, etc. about it. Please, suffice to say that service will continue to get better, really good service and I think if you read some of the threads here you will have to acknowledge that no one, at least as far as I know, even comes close to the level we are starting to see,,and it will improve even more. As far as "the pipe", all I will say if you most likely will be surprised, impressed, and pleased with the array of "stuff" that's coming. It won't be next week,,but definitely worth waiting for. You'll be glad you went with SOLO!

Rik, rumors get started so quickly, then morph into something totally different, and seems in the forums if "the thing" that it morphed into never is "delivered, all kinds of folks start getting upset, bitching, whining, etc. about it. Please, suffice to say that service will continue to get better, really good service and I think if you read some of the threads here you will have to acknowledge that no one, at least as far as I know, even comes close to the level we are starting to see,,and it will improve even more. As far as "the pipe", all I will say if you most likely will be surprised, impressed, and pleased with the array of "stuff" that's coming. It won't be next week,,but definitely worth waiting for. You'll be glad you went with SOLO!
yep, had talked to CS and others about anyone (3dr/3rd party) tweeking an Optical Flow for Solo or any of the other cartoon examples of upgrades on the 3dr site.
Was told " we haven't heard of any"

So when you mentioned some inside knowledge from "Big Bird" I thought I'd knock on that door.

An YES the service is the best I've seen based on the forums. I myself have had many early FW GPS glitches, smashed into walls, lost props, broken a half dozen, and I love this thing. Hard to believe it can take the beating I've put it through and still fly perfectly. (the solo, not me:rolleyes:

Hi again David,
People Bitching & Whining about "Something on it's way" some members are quick "shoot first"
These members will get that "Big Bird" put it in the oven & eat it to the bone.
So i agree, not to say too much. LOL

wow. didn't realize so many of us are still waiting on the gimbal.

The 2-3 week on their website has not been updated but I was just told the window is now back up to 6 weeks on direct order.
My card has been charged last week, and while they could not provide a tracking number they told me that means mine should ship in the next day or two.

The 2-3 week on their website has not been updated but I was just told the window is now back up to 6 weeks on direct order.
My card has been charged last week, and while they could not provide a tracking number they told me that means mine should ship in the next day or two.
6 weeks again are they making these things in an apartment by hand or what. There's no fn way they got that many more online orders this late and nobody has em in retail yet so how is that possible. I've been told more bs stories from customer service than I care to admit but I wouldn't believe anything they say at this point. Only thing I can assume is they finally found the files with all the orders that haven't shipped and realized, oops we skipped 2000 orders from before those that shipped out these past weeks.

6 weeks again are they making these things in an apartment by hand or what. There's no fn way they got that many more online orders this late and nobody has em in retail yet so how is that possible. I've been told more bs stories from customer service than I care to admit but I wouldn't believe anything they say at this point. Only thing I can assume is they finally found the files with all the orders that haven't shipped and realized, oops we skipped 2000 orders from before those that shipped out these past weeks.

Maybe they're focusing on retail orders now. They have US and international retailers that need orders fulfilled.

That's their biggest problem at 3DR customer service center.

No one gives an honest answer, unless under pressure. That's why I started this thread; I want to raise awareness of what's happening because we, as customers, demand an honest answer.

I am happy for the customers that already got the Gimbal but I placed my order on the 21st of April and only till the end of last week got a reply from 3DR suggesting that tomorrow the gimbal is going to ship. Let's wait and see.

Yea we really do need to attempt to force honesty at this point but they have to read at least some of these forums and know that the cats out of the bag by now. I'm not so sure they see it as a big deal that we've all got totally conflicting stories, I know they claim to have hired 60 in house reps but it feels more like telemarketing off a script. I'd think in house they'd likley be more honest, where hiring outside I'd accept bs answers easier. The sheer number of lies I'm seeing is all I base that on but I guess some of the top folks at 3dr have said things that haven't exactly been truthful as well so who knows.

I'm just disappointed really, I'm exited to see how great solo itself is and the service or warranty seems great and that's huge. All this dishonesty is simply stealing the spotlight of just how great most of the company seems to be sadly. I've been all over the spektrum with 3dr through this ordeal and I just hope after things settle they get back to being a great honest company all around, whatever it takes.

Long story short Where's my fn gimbal after that I'll live with whatever they become as I have with other large companies unfortunatley.

Here is their response as of this morning regarding Best Buy availability of gimbal:

"I know for a fact that 3DRobotics have sent multiple shipments to our retailers, however, since they are shipping them out from China, we do not have a way to track them nor we are able to request this information.

In this case, best I can recommend is to ask Best Buy for any available updates in regards the gimbals, I am sure they should have an estimated time for arrival.

Let me know if you happen to have any other questions.

Regards,

Rosie Velarde
Customer Advocate
3DR"

They've been saying mid September for BB. maybe this week? I hope....

Hope so too. I've got enough credit at BB to make the gimbal purchase not so harsh. I'm not in a hurry so it hasn't been a problem for me.

Again! Hoping for the best! The more gimbals out there, the better for everyone.

Can't even remember my order date direct from 3dr. Was charged in full on 31Aug. Not a word yet.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Well.....let's see what happens in the next 2 weeks ...let's hope 3DR is able to meet demand and provide useful info. So far a lot of people haven't received their gimbal....

Maybe they're focusing on retail orders now. They have US and international retailers that need orders fulfilled.
Looks like we're finally getting them in Canada. Just got my retail preorder tracking number this morning. Info not updated yet, but hoping I'll see it Friday, if not Monday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig