Gimbal Shipping info (or lack of)

Do you have your gimbal?

• yes

Votes: 11 24.4%
  • no

Votes: 34 75.6%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I placed my solo order on April 21 with an extra battery.....and the process has been, well, far away from smooth. In fact, it has been so bad that I know a couple of people at their service line.

Let me summarize. Not only they mixed my order with some other guy (thankfully it was resolved before shipping) but till this date I haven't received my gimbal.

I called 3DR and someone (that I already know) answered my call again. I spoke to her to the point that I had to clarify it was not a personal thing, that I understood that she was doing her job but she had to understand that not having my gimbal yet is OUTRAGEOUS from a company that is trying to be competitive.

She told me that her boss was in a meeting with other guys trying to figure out how to solve this issue that has been going for weeks. Trying to figure out the best strategy and blah blah blah.

If it is true that they are having shipping issues they should spend more, gain a little less and be good with us (the customers)...because good PR is worth a ton but bad PR can destroy a company.

It is very shameful what's going with the gimbal. I am truly disappointed in trusting my hard earned $ in company as incompetent as 3DR. I hope they fix the issue and get my gimbal but don't expect me to recommend 3DR since the experience has been extremely poor. I hope nothing happens to my drone because if the service department works like sales, well....you know the rest.

Shameful, disgusting, borderline criminal, totally ridiculous. I've been a cheerleader and dam near fanboy at times and I'm beyond disgusted and pissed now. I'd return it but have a couple grand in new non solo equipment and no other options interest me at this point. I love my solo and 3dr can engineer and build with the best, but are far from a respectable business, even if they were handed a bunch of investor money to be one they have failed miserably at it.

Hey 3dr if it's "mistakes" which I don't buy anymore, stop traveling to every picture perfect destination and get your ass to China to find out what whatever incompetent moron you put in charge is doing to screw your customers. Do you not care your most loyal customers are now to the point they distrust and dislike your entire company. I've defended this launch and 3dr tooth and nail but sadly solo will likley be my last 3dr quad unless they somehow 180 and right all of us they've screwed. Another week, another lie and another missed date, thanks.

Rant over, wait not.

After complaining and calling over and over demanding a date and/or tracking number I got an email back:
"Hello, Antonio.

Hope you're doing great.

I reviewed your order and it's already assigned to be ship, it's expected to be sent on Tuesday.

You will receive an email with tracking information once it's sent.

If you have questions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Best regards."

Let's wait and see. Before they said similarly (your gimbal should between The end of August and beginning of September"

I hope I get my gimbal but that's just me trying to be positive.

Yea just another day I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll see one either mine I paid for or best buys show. Only time will tell I guess, wow I was half asleep and apparently pretty mad yesterday, today I'm headed out to fly my phantom. Solos just going to sit a while now, the new quad excitements worn off and I've got a 500 gb ssd full of useless video ready to erase when my gimbal shows. Hope I don't have to bother the hell out of em to get mine but it's coming soon.

Yea just another day I'm hoping by the end of this week I'll see one either mine I paid for or best buys show. Only time will tell I guess, wow I was half asleep and apparently pretty mad yesterday, today I'm headed out to fly my phantom. Solos just going to sit a while now, the new quad excitements worn off and I've got a 500 gb ssd full of useless video ready to erase when my gimbal shows. Hope I don't have to bother the hell out of em to get mine but it's coming soon.

I hope everyone places their vote... So far +85% don't have a gimbal yet.

Shame.

I ordered on the 4th seeing so many people getting theirs. Just called and mine had not been shipped, the young lady said she would note my order to ship as soon as possible and confirmed it had not shipped. I asked what the likelihood it would ship this week, (making the 2-3 weeks) stated at order time. and she shipping was closed on weekends, Huh? So long story short no gimbal for me on vacation unless BB gets them in this week. Not looking good

I ordered on the 4th seeing so many people getting theirs. Just called and mine had not been shipped, the young lady said she would note my order to ship as soon as possible and confirmed it had not shipped. I asked what the likelihood it would ship this week, (making the 2-3 weeks) stated at order time. and she shipping was closed on weekends, Huh? So long story short no gimbal for me on vacation unless BB gets them in this week. Not looking good

Far from good I would say. Checking Google a lot of people are complaining.

Hey at least she didn't just lie and tell you what you want to hear, shipping is closed is the first accurate honest info I've seen come from customer service or advocates or whatever they are. Personally I think they just hired a cheap telemarketing outfit to handle calls and emails, I remember telemarketing in my teens briefly and we made up half what we said, that was for refinancing homes and obtaining credit card info so I'm sure they have no issues bs ing us.

I hope everyone places their vote... So far +85% don't have a gimbal yet.

Shame.

Wow that's fn unbelievable you'd think the first pics they put on their site of the shelves full of gimbals would of taken care of that, so what's gone on in the month or more since then. If it was just waiting it wouldn't be so bad but waiting and seeing random new orders filled and being lied to just adds insult to injury. This is what's finally forced me to question things, I was happy to see they held back to assure a quality release but things have taken a far worse turn than that.

I apologize though I know this isn't helping so I'll drop it, I just wish we could get an idea of what the plan is at very least, or some explanation of why new orders ship ahead of those who have patiently waited so long.

None of it makes sense I can't come up with any scenario where things could turn out how they have without a decision being made to skip over a whole lot of their early adopters on purpose anymore. There's just not a reasonable explanation for any of it anymore, I'm anxious to see what or if they ever say anything about these things or if they just move forward like nothing ever happened.

Good luck, hope they hit your name on the dart board this week guys, otherwise my Christmas comments looking less and less like a joke each week that goes by.

Fly safe
AD

Reactions: Projeffrey11
Good luck, hope they hit your name on the dart board this week guys, otherwise my Christmas comments looking less and less like a joke each week that goes by.
AD

18 votes so far and 16 of them haven't received the gimbal ......

I guess the dart board method is not working for 3DR either ....

Pretty fn embarrassing in all honesty, all this wait for quality and seems like a whole lot of issues. Good lord what were we going to get at solo release then. I'm still hopeful but getting more skeptical by the day and by the post as one after another that ordered late recieve theirs before everybody who's waited months.

Pretty fn embarrassing in all honesty, all this wait for quality and seems like a whole lot of issues. Good lord what were we going to get at solo release then. I'm still hopeful but getting more skeptical by the day and by the post as one after another that ordered late recieve theirs before everybody who's waited months.
I'm new to quadcopters and to the hobby in general but even to me a $400 price tag on just a camera gimbal seems a little steep, not to mention what it's actually made out of, cheap, ass, plastic, rather than a more study material plus people saying it has little shitty motors. I'm getting more nervous by the day and I don't even have mine yet.

I am quite impressed with the durability of the "plastic" Solo. Some of the crashes I have seen with the Solo and came out without a scratch would have put a Phantom in pieces. Not to say the gimbal would be as durable but, it's probably better than the aluminum gimbal on the Phantom which is easily bent.

I'm new to quadcopters and to the hobby in general but even to me a $400 price tag on just a camera gimbal seems a little steep, not to mention what it's actually made out of, cheap, ass, plastic, rather than a more study material plus people saying it has little shitty motors. I'm getting more nervous by the day and I don't even have mine yet.

Yes as much as I've criticized 3dr as a company recently the plastic on solo is better than the metal on my zenmuse. I'd rather have that plastic if it's in fact the same as solos, than a cheap thin metal end cap. In all honesty it would be hard to make a much more fragile gimbal than those on a lot of the recent releases by competitors, so I really don't see this plastic being an issue once I recieve it. The motors tiny or not If they work you can make tiny motors cheap or nice so wel see there. I'm hoping the money saved is utilized in other areas but wel see when they show up. I'm impressed with solo and honestly think I will be with the gimbal when it's updated and debugged that's not the issues I'm seeing.

All my complaints are with 3dr as a company and how they handled this release and everything since. The engineers and designers are great from what I'm seeing it's the rest of the company that's failing 3dr in their respective responsibilities.

Until I get mine some day I can't say for sure but I think eventually I'll be happy, I'm just tired of being lied to and pushed aside to provide new buyers a better experience than those who bought ASAP and waited all this time.

Antonio, you ordered direct from 3dr. Correct? April something? And you have your Solo. Correct? And you joined the forum yesterday. Yes? And yes, I have my gimbal.

It's going to be a bad representation of percentage that have them since those who do aren't on here for the most part but still these numbers aren't real encouraging either way it goes. Most with gimbals unless they have issues are out using them finally. It's us poor schmucks still waiting on the forum constantly checking info, guess wel see how this week goes but I'm nearing the end of my rope to be honest. Sad cause it's a great copter but if it was any other product I've ever owned I'd of given up already, no question.

Antonio, you ordered direct from 3dr. Correct? April something? And you have your Solo. Correct? And you joined the forum yesterday. Yes? And yes, I have my gimbal.
I ordered in April 21 and I have my drone. It is useless for me without the gimbal. I did join on Friday. What's your point?

WOW I must be one lucky S O B. I ordered my gimble july 27th from 3dr not expecting to see it till Dec sometime and it showed up sept 1st Had it now for almost 2 weeks. I feel so lucky i think i will go to Vegas

Yes! you are in luck! That's why Adimuzio513 suggested that the guys at 3DR are using a dart board in order to determine who gets and when. Enjoy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea