Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a new user of 3DR Solo drone and I would like to share my recent investigation. My problem was that controller could not recognize gimbal and tilt didn't work at all. I have checked gimbal with other Solo drone and evrything was OK. I knew that something wrong is between the gimbal and the drone. I have fond that someone in factory replaced black and green cable on main board. Finaly I replaced those cables at socket end and I do not need to send it back to the shop :) everything works fine now.

bajba

ERROR:
https://goo.gl/photos/rnBiWdYUGSfyEuwp7
pYCyAyoEShdQP6Qh8

CORRECT:
https://goo.gl/photos/PcHMpVe5GFwaEaX86
PcHMpVe5GFwaEaX86

Wow, technician must have been colored blind....for that install. Good catch and smart resolve....beats a warranty delay any day....

Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: Rex Barlow
I agree that's awesome! I fixed one recently myself. The thing I keep saying and what bums me out most about the Solo is their quality control. The design was close to perfect. The programming, controls, etc are still as good as anything out there. What's almost the biggest slap in the face is that the Site Scan version has basically, by all accounts, addressed all of the short comings. You can search all you want but you won't find negative reviews about the Site Scan platform.

One must be good at desoldering and resold ring on PCB boards.....requires a good soldering station

I agree, quality control is easy to improve, should be better.

My company is doing 3D models from laser scanning but also from photos. We were looking any good small drone to improve our site work. I chose 3DR Solo because this is very good piece of equipment. I added Sony QX1 camera with Sigma 19mm lens and mRo M8N GPS. We do have photogrametric software so we do not need to spend a lot of money on 3DR Site Scan. We bought three 3DR Solo drones for about 300$ each and now we have enough spare parts ;)

this is my company website if someone would be interested in:
3D laser scanning services - experts in as built surveys

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo