Found 3DR IRIS+ w/Hero 3+

Reaction score
I found a 3DR IRIS+ with a GoPro Hero 3. The owner flew it into a tall closed building back in 2015. Now at Oct 2017, the building was entered for restoration and on the top level we found the drone.

I have contacted GoPro support and left my email address for the device serial number in case the owner contacts them (they said it was not reported lost...).

Could anyone direct me to where I can post that the drone was found in case the owner is still looking for it. I would like to return the drone and GoPro.

Where can I find the serial number for the drone?

FYI, after 2 1/2 years the SD card was readable, I have the owners picture and watch as he crashed the drone... He didn't mean too... it hit a hand rail that he couldn't see.

Lost: Apr 2015 - Bethany Beach, Delaware
Found: Oct 2017

Hey Battery519-
I just went onto YOUTUBE- I searched Bethany Beach Drone Footage 2014- several come up and it usually has the the creator’s name and a little description- maybe give that a shot. If this guy was dropping into a vacant building to video- he may have something there-
Good Luck!
In the meanwhile- you may want to look into an investment into a controller/ charger?
You may find him while you are taking it for a whirl.

Reactions: dronenewbie
It came in contact with a railing inside of an unoccupied building and wrecked - It has been somewhat protected from the elements for the past two years-

I wonder why they didn't just go and get it then if they were inside.

If I’m not mistaken- He dropped it in from an opening in the roof- my guess- either the building was extremely well secured or the guy is law abiding. I’m sure he was disappointed and looked for a way to retrieve his drone cause the Iris isn’t a nickel-dime drone!!

I just lost my Solo with gimbal and Hero 4 black the other day. I sure wish someone found it and tried returning it. I didn't put any contact info on her though...

Last edited:
I put contact info on mine after reading about Learning2Fly losing his Solo. Post on Facebook- someone will hear about it- did you lose in an occupied area or the woods?
Don’t give up on it- post some flyers with Reward on it- you may get Lucky. Not to add salt to your wounds- but there is a classified for complete package for $300-
Scubanut2014- with a rigid case- sell the case- sell your controller, and both chargers- you could almost get back to normal minus your gopro.
Hope yours turns up but buying another at a great price is your second option. Check out classified section; hopefully he still has it!

Reactions: brianuc4
Kudos for your honesty dude! Hope u find the owner. Like others have said your best bet is facebook.

Also, maybe someone in those pictures has a college shirt or sweatshirt with logo or baseball cap? (If they might be college age)? High school name, perhaps? Car license plate in the distance? Just some thoughts...
Hope the owner is found?

True That!! Like I said earlier in this thread- this guy is a dying breed. The ol’ saying... honesty is the best policy....THIS guy is the extreme!! I would LOVE to see the guys face if he ever finds him! That would be youtube worthy!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvt solo