Firmware 2.4.2? Is this new?

"when you switch back to Solo"; do you mean the Solo network in the Solo App?

Have you given all the steps time enough to complete? Did the controller shut off, then turn back on, did you ever get the green checkmark on the controller?

Yes, i let it have time to complete its task and followed all steps..

But all this irrelevant now. I reinstalled the app on the phone and it went though no problem

Did someone say it powers the gopro on start up again, with Latest 2.4.2 and hero 4.0 firmware?

There doesn't seem to be a particular breakdown on what exactly the firmware is updating, apart from whats provided by 3DR which I'm assuming doesn't cover all on what its doing.

I would like a little transparency an all aspects of the update, not the ones 3DR have chosen to reveal.

Reactions: jibcamera and SARDG
Ok gimbal came in today, installed turned everything on:

Solo #2 V2.4.2
Android Nexus 6
H4B V4.0
Camera doesn't Auto Start, but it does Auto shut down
Video 'zoom in on record' effect confirmed still there.
Havn't put Solo #2 in flight test yet, too dark outside.

Solo #1 V2.4.2
iPad Air iOS
H4B V4.0
Camera doesn't Auto Start, but it does Auto shut down
Video 'zoom in on record' effect confirmed fixed
Solo #2 flight test, successful, Good GPS lock time.

Will test again, if any difference, will update my findings.
Hope this helps answer some questions

Update:
Solo #1 V 2.4.2
iPad Air iOS
H4B V4.0
After further testing camera, It is now is suffering from the same error that the V 4.0. with the iOS & Android on the FW prior to V 2.4.2
Going back to H3B 3.0. to test some more.

Last edited:
Reactions: SARDG and RichWest
I'll update the first post with the cliff notes of this thread shortly.

transparency, you say?
3DR gon' 3DR

Not sure what you mean but I suppose my statement comes over a little confusing. What i meant to say was i would prefer 3DR to reveal everything about the changes their firmware is doing. IMHO, i think their firmware is changing other aspects of the system but they have not said what they are.

Yes, on Andorid, GoPro Hero 4 Black with firmware version 3.0, Solo and controller updated to 2.4.2, and the video feed was fine, could change settings, start/stop recording and the GoPro recorded fine. Tested it on the ground, but I can't imagine why it would work there but not in the air.

The only thing I noticed was that the overlay that lists the frame size/rate/etc was small and in the upper left corner of the video - so the overlay that says "2.7k 60fps medium" or whatever, was small and in the corner of the video display, but the video itself was full screen as always. Not sure if this has anything to do with it. Pretty minor if so.

I'm surprised no one else commented on the tiny screen in the corner. I get that almost all the time. I notice it when the GoPro video out takes a while to kick on and scale correctly. The Solo App would just display whatever scale the OSD was set to. It's really annoying and gets in the way sometimes.

So is the Consensus on iOS 10x GPB 4.0 that it still needs manual power on? All else is normal?

After upgrading to 2.4.2 my GP H4S v3.00 does not auto turn off... Turns on automatically. So bummed. Worked perfectly before.

Only option is to upgrade Hero FW, but reading here it doesn't sound like that will help much...

After upgrading to 2.4.2 my GP H4S v3.00 does not auto turn off... Turns on automatically. So bummed. Worked perfectly before.

Only option is to upgrade Hero FW, but reading here it doesn't sound like that will help much...

If you upgrade H4 to 4.00, you will lose auto-on on Android. This is true on 2.4.1 AND 2.4.2 on Android.
On 2.4.2 you will lose Auto-Off on at LEAST H4 4.00

If you upgrade H4 to 4.00, you will lose auto-on on Android. This is true on 2.4.1 AND 2.4.2 on Android.
On 2.4.2 you will lose Auto-Off on at LEAST H4 4.00

Thanks for letting me know.

I did some more experimenting and discovered the H4S auto on/off works fine if you let it start up entirely, sit a bit, then power down normally.

If I didn't give enough time in between start up/down then the H4S gets outta sync and does not turn off.

Just tested after installing new update and experienced no problems at all. I have a GoPro 3 black. However it did seem to struggle to maintain position in all 3 axis despite no wind, worsening once moving forward (very slowly), particularly in height.

first Solo flight on a Prime Day pack (coming from Iris+), iOS v9.3.2 (jb), GP H3B+

Some strangeness I noticed was that it wanted a second level calibration after startup (had already run a calibration at home after the 2.4.2 update), and the GoPro feed was on initially auto-on but then went off after the level calibration and had to reset the camera type config. Take off and flight was fine considering a fair bit of wind. Return To Me was dead on position directly overhead.
Couldn't get another cold start flight in as the rain came in, so will update with results.

Some strangeness I noticed was that it wanted a second level calibration after startup (had already run a calibration at home after the 2.4.2 update), and the GoPro feed was on initially auto-on but then went off after the level calibration and had to reset the camera type config
I am curious about this. Another poster here described having similar problems with his bird wanting level calibrations unexpectedly. I am beginning to wonder if there is another bug in the new firmware. He was also running IOS but his bird would not complete the level calibration.

H
Update for iOS also 2.4.2
Flies fine.
No control problems.
But.........
Camera HB4 Feed not coming thur? replaced H4B battery.
Gimbal works, G.Lite Pulsing.
Restarted everything 3 times, checked connection, Change camera types " No other options" avalibile besides "Save to camera roll"
Stumped?
Dam Update!?
Had a similar issue with gp3b held power button on camera for 10 sec, put fresh full battery in, worked fine after that, not sure if related to this software as I had a similar issue before...

Update....
Sneaky little B$%&$!!
Figured out, from my probelm solving/elimination processes, tat this update from 3DR 2.4.2, checks to see if you have the new GoPro update 4.0, If not, GoPro will not record " acts" like it does. Feed will not come to screen.
Formatted SD card as a last resort, before upgrading to 4.0, but still no go.
Did the update, & immediately, Solo & system liked it enough to work...............So far?
I have problem after upgrade 2.4.2 video feed lost mid flight frozen I tried different but nothing improve !#%$#@%$#

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso