Firmware 2.4.2? Is this new?

Hi Rex,

Rex, try Normal things, Reboot everything.
Change video mode to 1080, take a few test shots,
If you got feed , then go back you your normal shooting mode.
Nobody has lost feed as of yet.
Sometime, camera will even turn on properly, which was a problem for GP update V4.0. . Several other reported this.
is your GP V3 V4 ?
Let me know

I am curious about this. Another poster here described having similar problems with his bird wanting level calibrations unexpectedly. I am beginning to wonder if there is another bug in the new firmware. He was also running IOS but his bird would not complete the level calibration.
I ran a quick flight yesterday and it didn't require a level calibration, no H3B+ auto-on though which it had had with the previous update (2.4.1-x)

Hi Rex,

Rex, try Normal things, Reboot everything.
Change video mode to 1080, take a few test shots,
If you got feed , then go back you your normal shooting mode.
Nobody has lost feed as of yet.
Sometime, camera will even turn on properly, which was a problem for GP update V4.0. . Several other reported this.
is your GP V3 V4 ?
Let me know
Additionally, check all of your internal connections. Open it up. Make sure that all cables going to/from the gimbal are tight. Disconnect/reconnect each one to verify. Also hook your gopro hdmi out to something else other than solo, like a tv, to verify you are actually getting HDMI output from the gopro. The HDMI connector in the gopro itself has been known to break. It's not really designed to be connected/disconnected thousands of times. Some of the internal connections inside solo are pretty weak as well and have caused video issues for a lot of people which has been thoroughly discussed on the site. @SteveReno has a good thread about a solution for one of the internal connectors using foam which has helped a lot of people.

seems stable but still as broken as 2.4.1

altitude in zipline still nada
gopro still doesn't power on
return to me still induces a flyaway-like syndrome

BTW, autotmatic recording during smart shots is now broken
at least for zipline. No auto-recording was happening.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Granny