DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

One of the biggest annoyances customers deal with in any industry, is shipping and receiving. Honest, transparent, no B.S. assessments of what the shipping and handling details are, would be a huge step toward gaining credibility with the people that buy your products. The temptation to want to go directly to a local store to buy a product, instead of ordering online and waiting for shipping, is only outweighed by the desire not pay sales tax. Take advantage of that, and make the shipping and handling as easy, fast, and drama-free as is economically feasible for you.
Great suggestion. THank you JJ48Car!

Reactions: JJ48Car
My biggest and maybe only issue with the Solo is the camera. I really hate the limitations of the GP (no RAW stills, massive compression, limited dynamic range, no control over shutter speed or exposure in flight, etc.). I have spent lots of money buying PeauPro lenses/services to try and improve things and feel like I've gotten the most out of the GP but it is still often unsatisfactory. DJI's X5 camera looks wonderful and I would pull the trigger on something like that in an instant if it existed.

I hate that I've had to purchase $100 ND filters to get the GP to work better when a simple control of the shutter as DJI does would do the trick. Overall a camera/gimbal combination without the aforementioned limitations of the GP would make the Solo a perfect platform for my needs and I believe many others would agree.

On another note, I greatly appreciate the way you are handling your new company. Nice to see someone doing things right.

Reactions: DSLRPros
My biggest and maybe only issue with the Solo is the camera. I really hate the limitations of the GP (no RAW stills, massive compression, limited dynamic range, no control over shutter speed or exposure in flight, etc.). I have spent lots of money buying PeauPro lenses/services to try and improve things and feel like I've gotten the most out of the GP but it is still often unsatisfactory. DJI's X5 camera looks wonderful and I would pull the trigger on something like that in an instant if it existed.

I hate that I've had to purchase $100 ND filters to get the GP to work better when a simple control of the shutter as DJI does would do the trick. Overall a camera/gimbal combination without the aforementioned limitations of the GP would make the Solo a perfect platform for my needs and I believe many others would agree.

On another note, I greatly appreciate the way you are handling your new company. Nice to see someone doing things right.
Thank you for your support Samphoto. A different camera option for the Solo would be very interesting. It makes me wonder if 3DR are already developing something themselves as this would be a huge upgrade for many.

Well, hopefully I'm not too late to enter into the contest, but I figured I'd throw in an idea in here one way or another. One thing about the Solo that bothers me is how expensive the flight batteries are along with the fact that their chargers are very slow compared to other chargers available in the industry. As it is, if you are planning on using the Solo professionally, you're going to want at least 4 spare batteries and chargers, which costs almost $1000.

One product idea that I think would be neat is a 3rd party battery enclosure that would dock into the Solo similar to the smart battery but would allow users to plug in 4-cell LiPo batteries purchased externally. This type of product would allow professionals to keep a lot of batteries for much less cost and allow them to charge multiple batteries at once at high charge rates with some of the better chargers available on the market.

Well, hopefully I'm not too late to enter into the contest, but I figured I'd throw in an idea in here one way or another. One thing about the Solo that bothers me is how expensive the flight batteries are along with the fact that their chargers are very slow compared to other chargers available in the industry. As it is, if you are planning on using the Solo professionally, you're going to want at least 4 spare batteries and chargers, which costs almost $1000.

One product idea that I think would be neat is a 3rd party battery enclosure that would dock into the Solo similar to the smart battery but would allow users to plug in 4-cell LiPo batteries purchased externally. This type of product would allow professionals to keep a lot of batteries for much less cost and allow them to charge multiple batteries at once at high charge rates with some of the better chargers available on the market.
You are definitely not too late. Thank you for the submission! This is a fantastic idea.

The giveaway will end February 7, 2016 at 6pm PST. We will announce the winner of our giveaway in another thread on Monday February 8, 2016. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Hello 3DR Pilots Forum Members,

A part of our wanting to move forward, is going to take your help. We would love to get your feedback on what we can do to improve DSLR Pros. What types of products would you like to see from us? What services can we provide? Are there any innovations you’d love to see come to market? We’d love to be more than just a run of the mill type of online vendor. We want to interact with everyone here on these forums and actively promote great ideas.

Reply to this thread with your suggestion or recommendation on how we can improve and we’ll enter you into our free giveaway.

. . .

I would have to emphasize Communication, Communication, Communication. Nothing aggravates customers more than a company who gleefully accepts their order / money then goes totally silent with respect to delivery / support. This was my number one complaint with 3DR during the Solo roll-out.

I would have to emphasize Communication, Communication, Communication. Nothing aggravates customers more than a company who gleefully accepts their order / money then goes totally silent with respect to delivery / support. This was my number one complaint with 3DR during the Solo roll-out.
Couldn't agree more with you Ackerman. Communicating well between businesses and customers is so important. It can literally make or break a business if there is poor communication. We work hard to always be available for our customers to reach us.

Reactions: Acroduster
To go along with JJ48Car's comment on shipping, I would like to suggest cross shipping for returns/replacements. I am currently trying to get a refund from Amazon for product I ordered that was defective and it has taken nearly a month to get it taken care of. In the mean time I had to order the product from somewhere else so I have essentially paid for the product twice until the refund is complete.

With that said, offering cross shipping as an option on returns is a huge benefit to customers especially for products that some people just can't wait for. If someone buys a drone for professional use and there is a problem, filing a return, sending it out, waiting for the company to evaluate it and then send a replacement can take up to two weeks or more to complete. A better option would be to take the customer's payment information and put a deposit on it. Send out the replacement immediately and wait for defective product to be returned. If the defective product isn't returned in a timely manner the customer is notified and the card is charged. Cross shipping wouldn't necessarily need to be available across your entire inventory, but maybe only for critical components.

Intel use to do this with motherboards and it was fantastic for something as mission critical as a motherboard. I could have one in my hands in less than 48 hours after processing the RMA.

To go along with JJ48Car's comment on shipping, I would like to suggest cross shipping for returns/replacements. I am currently trying to get a refund from Amazon for product I ordered that was defective and it has taken nearly a month to get it taken care of. In the mean time I had to order the product from somewhere else so I have essentially paid for the product twice until the refund is complete.

With that said, offering cross shipping as an option on returns is a huge benefit to customers especially for products that some people just can't wait for. If someone buys a drone for professional use and there is a problem, filing a return, sending it out, waiting for the company to evaluate it and then send a replacement can take up to two weeks or more to complete. A better option would be to take the customer's payment information and put a deposit on it. Send out the replacement immediately and wait for defective product to be returned. If the defective product isn't returned in a timely manner the customer is notified and the card is charged. Cross shipping wouldn't necessarily need to be available across your entire inventory, but maybe only for critical components.

Intel use to do this with motherboards and it was fantastic for something as mission critical as a motherboard. I could have one in my hands in less than 48 hours after processing the RMA.
Thanks for the suggestion agmeadows. It makes sense for a high demand type of scenario to be able to have something replaced quicker than needed. Great idea!

We'll be announcing the winner of the giveaway tomorrow. :)

I have to agree about some thing less proprietary with batteries. With available flight logs inferior batteries could quickly be identified thus saving undo blame towards a great aircraft.

Congratulations to user Steven Ackerman! Winner of our first giveaway on the 3drpilots forum boards.

Once again, thank you everyone for providing excellent feedback and suggestions. We will take these ideas to heart and will be popping in from time to time. :) Don't forget to check out all of the new products we've launched. We're always working around the clock to come up with new products and kits that people will enjoy. See more at our Drone Kits page

Thank you all!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela