DSLR Pros Back Under New Management!

Reaction score
Hello 3DR Pilots Forum Members,

My name is Anthony and I am a part of the team at DSLR Pros. We are a new team dedicated to great customer service and even better products and services. Some of you may have heard that the ownership of the company has completely changed. Our CEO, Mike Zaya, submitted a blog post on our blog to help explain the changes that we’ve gone through. Please do give it a read through. We know many of you may have had interactions with us and we wanted to reach out to you all in a setting that’s more familiar to you and out of our hands.

The main goal of this post is three-fold:
  • Address the past and speak of the future.
  • Get your feedback on how we can improve as well as a free giveaway.
  • Schedule a future thread for our staff to directly talk with everyone here.
The old DSLR Pros had some missteps and we are learning from them to not make those same errors. Many of you may be aware of the bigger picture than even ourselves, but we do want to share our side of the story. We’ve sent out many refunds to customers who were left hanging from the old DSLR Pros. Our new CEO is 100% committed to great customer service.

I do want to apologize for the mistakes of the old DSLR Pros. With the change in ownership and the vision leading DSLR Pros, I want to assure many of you that we have made huge strides in moving forward. We work hard to ensure that we don’t take orders for product we don’t have. We have a dedicated staff to help customers with any questions they may have. Call us and you’ll get an answer.

A part of our wanting to move forward, is going to take your help. We would love to get your feedback on what we can do to improve DSLR Pros. What types of products would you like to see from us? What services can we provide? Are there any innovations you’d love to see come to market? We’d love to be more than just a run of the mill type of online vendor. We want to interact with everyone here on these forums and actively promote great ideas.

Reply to this thread with your suggestion or recommendation on how we can improve and we’ll enter you into our free giveaway. Let us know what you'd like to see from us. We'd love to hear what types of products and innovations you want. One lucky winner will receive:

3drgiveaway.jpg
1x Black Pearl 7" Diversity Monitor, 1x 3DR Solo Smart Battery, 2x set of Propellers for the 3DR Solo, and 1x LED Light

Lastly, we’d like to meet again with you at a future planned date. Our CEO will be available to answer questions directly along with myself and other staff. We hold nothing but respect for this community and feel that by coming to you directly, we give the power to you. We’ve been in contact with the Admin staff and they’ve been very helpful in getting us off the ground.

Our next post will be on Monday, January 25, 2016 @ 1pm PST. Please join us then and we will openly answer all of your questions and comments.

Thank you,

Anthony

edit:

Congratulations to user Steven Ackerman! Winner of our first giveaway on the 3drpilots forum boards.

Once again, thank you everyone for providing excellent feedback and suggestions. We will take these ideas to heart and will be popping in from time to time. :) Don't forget to check out all of the new products we've launched. We're always working around the clock to come up with new products and kits that people will enjoy. See more at our Drone Kits page

Thank you all!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ian [P13]
You have made the 1st and most important step in re-building your brand and gaining support and respect from forum members. Now it is important to actively follow through and maintain open communications with members/customers. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Jubal

Last edited:
Reactions: DSLRPros
Although I agree in principle with Jubalr, from all of the posts I read from last fall, DSLR Pros has a pretty bad name in the community. I have to imagine that at some point in your management meetings the topic of a name change came up. It seems to me it would be tougher to polish the tarnished image of the current name than building a new one. However, this is only based off of the chatter seen on this site and a couple of others, which is anecdotal at best.

Strong, personalized customer support can certainly work. A company that works with similar hardware that I have worked with in the past, Borrow Lenses, is awesome at it. I'll pay more just to go with them because I know if anything isn't right, I'll be taken care of. It's also part of the reason I have stayed with Solo, despite the hardware and software issues borne over the past year or so.

As for specific offerings that I'd like to see, I am no pro - Solo being BY FAR the most I've ever spent on any camera equipment - so you're probably out of my league to begin with. Your post ensures, however, that your site will be on my list of places to shop for equipment for photo/video supplies and/or service.

Best of luck to you and your team.

Yea, as previously mentioned, was a name change considered? I only developed an opinion about dslr pros from a limited spectrum on various Internet forums. If there are enough customers who have positive opinions to warrant keeping the name, great!

A good show of faith would be discounts for a certain period of time to convince old and prospective customers you are serious about your customer service.

I look forward to collecting my prize when I win now. ;) when will you announce the giveaway winner?

You have made the 1st and most important step in re-building your brand and gaining support and respect from forum members. Now it is important to actively follow through and maintain open communications with members/customers. I look forward to doing business with you in the future.

Jubal
Thank you for your support! We are definitely working hard to keep open communication with everyone. We do hope that we can help you with your next purchase in your future. What types of products are important to you?

Although I agree in principle with Jubalr, from all of the posts I read from last fall, DSLR Pros has a pretty bad name in the community. I have to imagine that at some point in your management meetings the topic of a name change came up. It seems to me it would be tougher to polish the tarnished image of the current name than building a new one. However, this is only based off of the chatter seen on this site and a couple of others, which is anecdotal at best.

Strong, personalized customer support can certainly work. A company that works with similar hardware that I have worked with in the past, Borrow Lenses, is awesome at it. I'll pay more just to go with them because I know if anything isn't right, I'll be taken care of. It's also part of the reason I have stayed with Solo, despite the hardware and software issues borne over the past year or so.

As for specific offerings that I'd like to see, I am no pro - Solo being BY FAR the most I've ever spent on any camera equipment - so you're probably out of my league to begin with. Your post ensures, however, that your site will be on my list of places to shop for equipment for photo/video supplies and/or service.

Thank you for your feedback Acroduster! Please do join our next thread (1/25 @ 1pm PST). We're going to get together and talk about our decisions and state.

Borrow Lenses is great by the way! I like their blog content. :)

Yea, as previously mentioned, was a name change considered? I only developed an opinion about dslr pros from a limited spectrum on various Internet forums. If there are enough customers who have positive opinions to warrant keeping the name, great!

A good show of faith would be discounts for a certain period of time to convince old and prospective customers you are serious about your customer service.

I look forward to collecting my prize when I win now. ;) when will you announce the giveaway winner?
I do think we'll be touching upon the naming of the company in our next thread. We definitely want an open conversation. The contest will run for at least a couple of weeks. We want to give people enough time to respond and to get feedback.

Thank you for your support! We are definitely working hard to keep open communication with everyone. We do hope that we can help you with your next purchase in your future. What types of products are important to you?
I'm always interested in after market products that improve the performance/features/videos. etc..of any MR I am currently flying. For the Solo? Bigger and more efficient batteries, improved props, sensors, after market gimbals designed for different cameras, etc..

I'm always interested in after market products that improve the performance/features/videos. etc..of any MR I am currently flying. For the Solo? Bigger and more efficient batteries, improved props, sensors, after market gimbals designed for different cameras, etc..
Thanks for the feedback Jubalr. :)

I would love to see a direct replacement for the GoPro 4 that dose not have the GoPro price.......or better yet, something that will work on our Solo's completely replacing the gimbal and GoPro

I would love to see a direct replacement for the GoPro 4 that dose not have the GoPro price.......or better yet, something that will work on our Solo's completely replacing the gimbal and GoPro
Thanks for the idea IceFyre13th. If you could replace the GoPro with a different camera, what would you want to see out of that camera?

Thanks for the idea IceFyre13th. If you could replace the GoPro with a different camera, what would you want to see out of that camera?

Something similar to theSJCAM SJ5000X ( SJCAM SJ5000X 12MP Sony IMX078 Sensor 4K@24FPS 2" LCD Sport Action Camera ( Elite Edition ) - SJCAM.COM )

Add a way for Solo to control it would be a plus, and a gimbal for it that fits Solo.

In a package deal that had the SJCAM SJ5000X ( or equivalent ), a Gimbal for it that fits the Solo, and a accessory board the allowed Solo's controller to control it that was around $450 - $550....

Thanks for the feedback Jubalr. :)
We appreciate you being here, But I just went to your site and you appear to be exclusive to DJI. Do you plan on expanding to 3DR or did I miss something? Even clicking on other products in your banner (range extender) takes you back to the home page.

I guess they like the name DSLRPros too much, which I understand. It is a pretty good name that it easy to remember, and also tells you right away what they are about...

Something similar to theSJCAM SJ5000X ( SJCAM SJ5000X 12MP Sony IMX078 Sensor 4K@24FPS 2" LCD Sport Action Camera ( Elite Edition ) - SJCAM.COM )

Add a way for Solo to control it would be a plus, and a gimbal for it that fits Solo.

In a package deal that had the SJCAM SJ5000X ( or equivalent ), a Gimbal for it that fits the Solo, and a accessory board the allowed Solo's controller to control it that was around $450 - $550....
Thanks for the link IceFyre13th. What makes the SJCAM stand out to you? I personally haven't seen this cam yet, but it looks interesting. Why this one over all the others out there?

We appreciate you being here, But I just went to your site and you appear to be exclusive to DJI. Do you plan on expanding to 3DR or did I miss something? Even clicking on other products in your banner (range extender) takes you back to the home page.
You are not missing anything Jubalr. We are a very new company and are slowly working on getting products back in inventory. We're committed to not selling anything that we don't have in stock. In the coming months you will see a lot of new products on our site as we continue to develop the site as well as our inventory.

I guess they like the name DSLRPros too much, which I understand. It is a pretty good name that it easy to remember, and also tells you right away what they are about...
I guess it's better than DSLR Bros... or is it? :cool:

Thanks for the link IceFyre13th. What makes the SJCAM stand out to you? I personally haven't seen this cam yet, but it looks interesting. Why this one over all the others out there?

Nothing really stands out, but for the price and what it does for that price is outstanding........in my opinion (even though I own one ), GoPros are overpriced for what they are.

Nothing really stands out, but for the price and what it does for that price is outstanding........in my opinion (even though I own one ), GoPros are overpriced for what they are.
Very cool. We will definitely keep it in mind. Thank you.

One of the biggest annoyances customers deal with in any industry, is shipping and receiving. Honest, transparent, no B.S. assessments of what the shipping and handling details are, would be a huge step toward gaining credibility with the people that buy your products. The temptation to want to go directly to a local store to buy a product, instead of ordering online and waiting for shipping, is only outweighed by the desire not pay sales tax. Take advantage of that, and make the shipping and handling as easy, fast, and drama-free as is economically feasible for you.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihatethatihavetomakeanacc