DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

correction-
condition grade 8- about $140
condition grade 8+- about $145
condition grade 9- about $150

That's all relevant OPINION but the FACT is speedstuff has a relationship with a person in 3DR who honors any warranty issues that come up. Dont forget solo went belly up in May 2016 and they have honored a warranty a year later so why would that change) I honestly think after reading the email I received the only relevant point is speedstuff is a good seller and 3DR honors their warranty with him and the prior comment slurring his business is just plain (mistakenly) incorrect. Who agrees with me?.

The FACT is 3DR is not legally obliged to honour warranty from speedstuffsales and his name is not on the authorized seller list.

Solo Authorized Resellers | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

I'm very disappointed that a member of this forum and someone who has a proven record of honouring his warranty has his business slurred and no one else except the other guy who had his warranty honoured sticks up for him. Oh well

I've instructed the prime minister of New Zealand to send an aircraft carrier into the area.

Last edited:
Reactions: artcuda
Could you both take a deep breath and ask your selves what this very public pissing contest is accomplishing? Breathe, folks. It's just a drone forum...
It's not a pissing contest buddy, I am just trying to keep these users from spreading incorrect information based on their personal experiences with the ebay seller and 3DR.
I'm very disappointed that a member of this forum and someone who has a proven record of honouring his warranty has his business slurred and no one else except the other guy who had his warranty honoured sticks up for him. Oh well

Please re-read my posts properly. You and other members may have been entertained by 3DR in the past. I am happy they did that for you.

All I am saying is anyone selling on eBay is not an 'authorised seller' and 3DR can refuse to provide warranty if they want to do so. When I asked 3DR, they clearly told me that they won't honour it. That's all...

Hey Guys-
Watch yourselves, especially those new to Solo- before you go to ebay to purchase $300 smart batteries ( usually cost about $50), $37 Master Airscrew Props ( they are half that amount, and occasionally have specials (15% off ) plus free shipping if you order like $35-$40 ) or my favorite....THE CLOWN SELLING LEG EXTENTIONS FOR $3000.00!! It's true, the 3dr gimbal has become hard to acquire and the price has gone up a bit- but don't get scammed by people trying to take advantage of your inexperience. If you are in search of a particular item- try this forum first- these guys here are more than happy to offer guidance/assistance but won't hesitate to expose the " greedy low-life's out there trying to profit from your lack of knowledge." And when you are looking for items on ebay- read the description carefully; because TWO gimbals for $35- means they are NOT functioning gimbals- and guys buying them are dissecting them to become cutting-edge experts in gimbal repair!
I hate seeing somebody get "smoked" because they just don't know- and everyone doesn't have the financial freedoms to just throw money down the drain.
I AGREE WITH YOU TO A POINT. yes there's a lot of greed on e bay and ALOT of scammers but what some fail to realize that if you are NOT HAPPY in any way e-bay WILL MAKE THE SELLER take it back and YOU WILL GET YOUR MONEY BACK! I'm not knocking you in any way my point is that e bay and pay pal are all for the buyer and I was told that by several employees on pay pal and e bay. its nice to know you do have a way to get your hard earned money back. thanks usmc86

I purchased a Solo from Speedstuff w/the 1 year warranty and I had a small problem and they were fantastic. They shipped me a new one immediately. Excellent service.

No its someones business - you know their livelihood that they feed their families with that's being falsely accused of something when in fact he is a great seller so its not a pissing contest its correcting a slur on someones business. Hopefully that means the writer can retract his comment with this documented evidence to the contrary. The email proves that Speedstuff has a relationship with 3DR as he was cced (see email) all the way along and that they will honour the warranty provided by the seller. Allot of people read this forum who are intending to buy an extra 3dr.

I can also state not true. I purchased one from this eBay member, when received noticed one of the pods when spinning by hand had a very different sound which made me think "ah I'm not even trying this" reached out to seller he promptly copied me on a email to 3dr which they took over and had me shoot a video with me phone then they sent new pod out and emailed return FedEx for me to send bad pod back.

Attachments

• IMG_4579.PNG
    IMG_4579.PNG
    260.4 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_4580.PNG
    IMG_4580.PNG
    226.3 KB · Views: 30
Reactions: JBAlaska and rmasci
I bought mine from Speedstuff. I've had all kinds of issues with my Solo such as SDCard failures, Wifi connectivity, Wifi range, GPS issues, Calibration Error -- Please restart solo, and pairing with controller. ALL of these if found answers to in this group or on the facebook group and fixed it myself. The Solo is really made well, and is easy to work on, and I don't think owners of the Phantom, Mavic or Spark could say the same (but I've never worked on one of those... so I really don't know) In other words the Solo community is your support line.

I bought mine from Speedstuff, its a refurb and it has been flawless. They gave a 90 day warranty and offered a year for $40.00. I have passed 90 days and have had zero problems so i didnt opt for the year. Its the best $200.00 you can spend in the drone market. All that to say Speedstuff has the good stuff and I do trust them.

Does it matter 4 black or silver?
You indeed can use either - but the H4 Black has a higher frame rate at higher resolutions and the gimbal is designed to operate it without any balance weights.

I have 2 x silvers and I'm quite happy at 2.7k 30fps.

I think this whole thread can easily be closed with "Buyer Beware".
Sounds to me like Speedstuff has been great for a lot of people. BUT, if they aren't documented on 3DR's site as "authorized", then see my first sentence.

NEXT TOPIC!

I just bought my 3rd solo and last was from Speed stuff and it stated 90 day warranty. Came in on time and in new condition

That's the same email I received from 3DR.

This is the e-mail I got from 3DR

"Hello,

Thank you for contacting 3DR Customer Support.

We are very sorry, but eBay is not an authorized reseller for the 3DR products and the warranty will not be valid through us.

Here is a list for the authorized resellers:

Solo Authorized Resellers | 3DR | Drone & UAV Technology

If there is anything else we can assist you with, please let us know. Thank you.

Denisse Martinez
3DR Success Services/Customer Support.
3D Robotics Inc."

THE CLOWN SELLING LEG EXTENTIONS FOR $3000.00!!

Oh great-- ruin my day why dont'cha?! I bought out those leg extenders with the idea of sitting on them until the supply dries up, then selling them for DOUBLE what I paid for them! Another dream shattered. :(

Hopefully it's not too late to try and recoup. Now what did I do with that email from the nice Nigerian Prince...

Reactions: RichWest
Yes. I have a DIY Quad that runs Ardupilot and can do almost everything a Solo will do. However it cost about $700 to build and equip. Solo is a great aircraft.

David, the Solo does "smart shots" in a way that other Ardupilot aircraft cannot. That's what makes Solo a Solo.

That said, I have a hex with a Pixhawk on it and a 3-axis gimbal, and if you have found a way to implement smarts shots on an aircraft like that, I'd live to hear how you did it.

Thanks.

Exactly Bruce- I launched this thread to let those out there who are considering buying a Solo or those who have recently purchased a Solo to do some research before you start making purchases- a little due diligence goes a long way-
You have to realize that communications made with 3DR's customer service department in May 2017 will not have the same results in September 2017 - and as these Solo drones malfunction, are destroyed and surplus dries up; at some point soon- THERE WILL BE NO MORE WARRANTY and NO MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE period. Just wait another 6 months and try calling customer service- (you may want to hang the phone up after the 386th ring- because nobody works there any longer.) And no two customer service representatives will handle the same situation in the same manner. Some will bend over backwards while others will tell you to go pump sand.
Even B&H- will eventually stop offering the protection coverage for 3DR- because they will no longer have the means to replace the Solo drone, gimbal or battery. It's the reason you are purchasing a $1000 drone for 1/4 that price and why you are getting a $500 gimbal for a fraction of the cost.

The beauty part is this UAV is commercial grade (I submit your intel on what transpired with 3DR is invalid), just look at the "underrated" specs, This aircraft has a future as a multi thousand ducket survey/rescue/etc... UAV. (With Gimbal, GoPro and the stock props we know the aircraft will lift and fly mostly stable with a 3+ pound payload as well)
As to spares, since this model is open-source the mods possible are endless. My camera bird is a New "Open Box" I got for $211.00 and to my surprise it has the Rev. B GPS!, (I should have bought 3 :( My next mistake was to wait to get a GoPro 3+ Black before buying the gimbal, I could have had a new gimbal at that time for $49.00, two weeks later I had to shell out $78.99 for a New one. I'm now ready to purchase 2 more Factory refurb's for spares and to fly hot with the standard GoPro anti-shock mount. I have my camera bird gimbal "Just perfect" and do not want to swap it out...

BTW, a heads up on the gimbal screws.. I torqued mine down as per instructions (Checking the screws are in my pre-flight checklist) but even so the other day after about 25 min airborne, and at 94% on my second batt, I noticed I could see my port $3000 :p gear extension in the FPV, I almost kept on mission, then thought how fun it would be to loose my 3+ Black, brought her home and if the gimbal screws could fall out they would be gone! only thing holding it on was the Ni-Ties I used when I routed the HDMI around the inner lip of the gimbal bay..I now have ignored the warning and use tiny dab of Loctite green on the screws. When I get a chance I'm going to mod the mounting by using threaded studs, castle nuts, and safety wire..so there you go, a quick easy and cool hardware mod. and now with the new "green cube" Flight Controller, the firmware mods are going to be endless, so if you made it through my wall o' text, I say to the OP: Sir I believe you may loose money by not getting this UAV, and going over the DJI cliff with the lemurs :p

I leave with a Must watch YouTube vid:
"Solo 3DR Beluga Point 40,000 Foot Flight Pt.1" and 2! by pilot Smeagol Yetti who as far as I know is the only one to make the "Turnagain Arm" round trip in any UAV. This flight is awesome, watch for the low batt RTH override on the outbound flight..I say, the man has solid brass clankers! as Turnagain during a tide change has wild micro-burst downdrafts that have dropped our Cessna 172 over 500' like a elevator to hell! You'll hear the motors rev when it hits a couple. "So if your UAV can make that run, you may tell me what to do with my money :p

David, the Solo does "smart shots" in a way that other Ardupilot aircraft cannot. That's what makes Solo a Solo.

That said, I have a hex with a Pixhawk on it and a 3-axis gimbal, and if you have found a way to implement smarts shots on an aircraft like that, I'd live to hear how you did it.

Thanks.
Using Mission Planner. Is there a Smart Shot it cannot do?

Where do you get your information from?

Jason of Speedstuffsales is a member of this forum, @jst1970, and has MANY very satisfied forum members as customers.

I've bought 4 Solos from Jason now and had them shipped to Australia. Nothing but great customer service from him. I've recommended Jason (speedstuffsales) to friends of mine who have also purchased though him with no issues at all.

Reactions: DJMc

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alan r pfennig