DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

Could you both take a deep breath and ask your selves what this very public pissing contest is accomplishing? Breathe, folks. It's just a drone forum...

Reactions: Gosling1
Could you both take a deep breath and ask your selves what this very public pissing contest is accomplishing? Breathe, folks. It's just a drone forum...

No its someones business - you know their livelihood that they feed their families with that's being falsely accused of something when in fact he is a great seller so its not a pissing contest its correcting a slur on someones business. Hopefully that means the writer can retract his comment with this documented evidence to the contrary. The email proves that Speedstuff has a relationship with 3DR as he was cced (see email) all the way along and that they will honour the warranty provided by the seller. Allot of people read this forum who are intending to buy an extra 3dr.

Last edited:
Reactions: JBAlaska
Exactly Bruce- I launched this thread to let those out there who are considering buying a Solo or those who have recently purchased a Solo to do some research before you start making purchases- a little due diligence goes a long way-
You have to realize that communications made with 3DR's customer service department in May 2017 will not have the same results in September 2017 - and as these Solo drones malfunction, are destroyed and surplus dries up; at some point soon- THERE WILL BE NO MORE WARRANTY and NO MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE period. Just wait another 6 months and try calling customer service- (you may want to hang the phone up after the 386th ring- because nobody works there any longer.) And no two customer service representatives will handle the same situation in the same manner. Some will bend over backwards while others will tell you to go pump sand.
Even B&H- will eventually stop offering the protection coverage for 3DR- because they will no longer have the means to replace the Solo drone, gimbal or battery. It's the reason you are purchasing a $1000 drone for 1/4 that price and why you are getting a $500 gimbal for a fraction of the cost.

And anyone who is running a business selling 3DR products better start looking for some alternative employment- ( especially if it is their ONLY livelihood that puts food on the table ) because a successful business plan functions on the principles of supply and demand-
and the supply is running out-

Exactly Bruce- I launched this thread to let those out there who are considering buying a Solo or those who have recently purchased a Solo to do some research before you start making purchases- a little due diligence goes a long way-
You have to realize that communications made with 3DR's customer service department in May 2017 will not have the same results in September 2017 - and as these Solo drones malfunction, are destroyed and surplus dries up; at some point soon- THERE WILL BE NO MORE WARRANTY and NO MORE CUSTOMER SERVICE period. Just wait another 6 months and try calling customer service- (you may want to hang the phone up after the 386th ring- because nobody works there any longer.) And no two customer service representatives will handle the same situation in the same manner. Some will bend over backwards while others will tell you to go pump sand.
Even B&H- will eventually stop offering the protection coverage for 3DR- because they will no longer have the means to replace the Solo drone, gimbal or battery. It's the reason you are purchasing a $1000 drone for 1/4 that price and why you are getting a $500 gimbal for a fraction of the cost.

That's all relevant OPINION but the FACT is speedstuff has a relationship with a person in 3DR who honors any warranty issues that come up. Dont forget solo went belly up in May 2016 and they have honored a warranty a year later so why would that change) I honestly think after reading the email I received the only relevant point is speedstuff is a good seller and 3DR honors their warranty with him and the prior comment slurring his business is just plain (mistakenly) incorrect. Who agrees with me?.

Reactions: artcuda
Would the 3+ black be better or just fork out the money for a hero 4?

you may be able to find a decent deal on the gopro hero 4 black on craigslist- seems like people bought them a while back and now just use their phone- so they put 'em up for sale

Thank you ill check it out, and I don't have a gimbal yet, do I just plus it in the HDMI coming from the drone

yes- the gimbal has an HDMI cable that plugs into the gopro-
B&H photo had several gimbals on their website today- they are all refurbished and graded- think they had maybe 6? They price them according to their condition- condition -8... $149
if it's a 9... couple dollars more
they have great customer service and real fast shipping

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apicasso