DIY Drones Spirit of 76 3DR Discount

I don't want to bash other groups... but I could never stomach RCG. Their format is terrible (tends to be one large thread, horrible to read and follow), and many of the people there act like teenage girls that have major hormone problems. I have an account, but rarely use it if I can help it.

I really don't see the 'charm' of the place. Sorry to say it, but I did.
I could not agree more. I lurk occasionally at RCG, but never, ever, post. The format is useless and the people can be atrocious.

Reactions: PdxSteve
The 3DR backpack is really good, so I'd personally say, snap it up with the discount as it is rarely sold discounted by retailers.

Hmm.... from the 3DR store:
Backpack $149.95
Shipping (chose least expensive option) $14.95
Discount -$29.99
Total: $134.95

From Amazon (with Prime free shipping):
Total $132.57

I guess I'll sit this one out on the backpack from 3DR and keep an eye on Amazon. 3DR is killing it with their shipping price.

agreed, RCG is good for buying and selling only.
3DR appears to have SOLD 95% of all their merchandise. I tried to buy a spare gimbal but shipping came out to $54 for 2nd day FEDEx the only option, so I bailed.

agreed, RCG is good for buying and selling only.
3DR appears to have SOLD 95% of all their merchandise. I tried to buy a spare gimbal but shipping came out to $54 for 2nd day FEDEx the only option, so I bailed.

I just ordered one and it offered ground shipping for $9.99.
$169.95 total.

Now i need to return the one i ordered from Best Buy. Nice savings.

Oh. And I agree about RCG. That place turned into a disaster. I gave up on them a while ago.

The discount is GREAT and I'm not going to "kick a Gift Horse in the Mouth", but damn, I just bought my Solo and Gimbal from BHPhotovideo for $1K on 2/22. I had it expedited shipping ($71) because we are building a house and I wanted to do aerial time lapse (over the next six months). Can't justify a return for $60 gain, so I think I'll stock up on batteries, a back pack, extended TX battery, a phone hoodie, props, and maybe even an extra charger!

This is a SUPER discount, and thank you 3DR for continued deals. I really do like your product line.

Update... Order in!

Last edited:
yeah and technically a solo and gimbal for 800 bucks
wow

Keeping an eye on the future, going to be a fun year

3DR is shipping international now, as per Vu Tran on Facebook.

I don't think so.
3DR are going extreme lengths to ensure that we can't get it at "normal" prices outside of US.
They cancelled my order today after my post on this forum about using freight forwarder (hopefully unrelated, but wouldn't be surprized if they are lurking here), when I contacted them why the order was cancelled they said because I'm trying to use freight forwarder and at the same time they told me they won't ship to my residential address in Australia, this conversation with 3DR happened only several hours ago.
So I don't understand if that's what Vu Tran wrote on FB.
Really annoyed about this, my discount code (and you can use it only once) was used for this cancelled order and money still blocked with Paypal because they can hold it for many days when the order gets cancelled.

Last edited:
I think Vu's post was a reaction to the comments, so the policy has probably changed because of international customers being left out of deals. But it would kind of be better if they just gave the equivalent deals to the distributors so people could order locally.

if international customers get same deal as US customers + 40% on top of that when buying through their local resellers, then I don't think anybody would complain. when we have to pay +200% (that was the case still week ago) then something is out of line.

still week ago, we had to pay only for the gimbal what US customers pay now for brand new Solo with controller. 3 weeks ago I bought Solo for same amount that you can now get 3 Solos in US.

spare parts are over priced and not available, you order 2 batteries and they send you only one, the other one is on backorder. spare shell, motor pods same thing.

end of last week prices went down little bit in Australia, but it's still double.

Just tried to complete an order at 3dr.com for UK delivery. I got the message: "unable to calculate delivery cost". So, international purchases appear to be blocked. Unfortunately this means that not only can I not take up the recent offer to diydrones members, but that I'll have to carry on paying £1 for each $1.

Maybe it's taking time to update the website given it seemed to be a decision later on yesterday?

DIY Drones at 76,000 members -- plus 20% "Spirit of 76" 3DR discount to members

DIY Drones has hit 76,000 members so 3DR has created a special thank you 20% discount at the 3DR Store. The discount is applicable for everything except GoPro camera and Enterprise SiteScan products. One time use per user and it expires on March 31st.

Enter "DIYD20OFF" at checkout to apply the discount.

3DR | Shop Drone & UAV Technology - 3DR
This couldn't have came @ a better time. Had to buy another gimbal. Me being careless cost me $160. When I was seating my gimbal w/the original HDMI cable I put back in, the plug on the board came off. Damn it!!! Oh well, lesson learned

This couldn't have came @ a better time. Had to buy another gimbal. Me being careless cost me $160. When I was seating my gimbal w/the original HDMI cable I put back in, the plug on the board came off. Damn it!!! Oh well, lesson learned

Was it a clean break of the HDMI connector or were traces damaged? A cheap hot air solder station might get it working again.

Does this seem like a sell-down in advance of announcing a new model?

I don't think so.
3DR are going extreme lengths to ensure that we can't get it at "normal" prices outside of US.
They cancelled my order today after my post on this forum about using freight forwarder (hopefully unrelated, but wouldn't be surprized if they are lurking here), when I contacted them why the order was cancelled they said because I'm trying to use freight forwarder and at the same time they told me they won't ship to my residential address in Australia, this conversation with 3DR happened only several hours ago.
So I don't understand if that's what Vu Tran wrote on FB.
Really annoyed about this, my discount code (and you can use it only once) was used for this cancelled order and money still blocked with Paypal because they can hold it for many days when the order gets cancelled.
How would they link you (here) to an on-line order?

Was it a clean break of the HDMI connector or were traces damaged? A cheap hot air solder station might get it working again.
Looks like a clean break. Who would be the best man to repair, if possible?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    868.8 KB · Views: 22
Looks like a clean break. Who would be the best man to repair, if possible?
Crap, that is a clean break. I hate lead free solder.

Just offering, I'd be happy to give it a try at replacing the connector.... I'm about to try the same on mine as I believe I've worn out my HDMI connector. Let me know...or if you'd want to sell it as is....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
No idea