Distance and altitude bests?

1.7 miles with FPVLR just now and I did not hit RTH. That was far enough for me this run.

I might go further tomorrow when I have more daylight. It was getting dark.

Wow.... I'm thinking of getting the FPVLR soon..specially when I hear it makes that kinda of a difference.. Well worth the cost..

Unfortunately it will self destruct.

Sorry just had to say that. No it should return to home. Now here's the kicker. If your about 49 feet it will stay that high if below it will go to 49 feet. So if you have trees hills or whatever around 50 feet u will hit it on way back. I'm not even gonna tempt telling you about tower learn to fly good first then come back. Keep it line of sight!!

There is a thread in the forum that will show you how to change the RTH height. I would recommend change the height to 200' which would most like clear the trees and arrive home safely.

What was the max distants before the upgrade?

Stock around a 1/2 a mile.
$20 Alfa antenna 1 mile plus but I did not hit RTH with it.
FPVLR 1.7 miles and I have not hit RTH with it either.

I live in the country so there is not a lot of wifi congestion.

Out in the country I've gotten a mile with stock but in town no more than 1500 feet or so.

Stock around a 1/2 a mile.
$20 Alfa antenna 1 mile plus but I did not hit RTH with it.
FPVLR 1.7 miles and I have not hit RTH with it either.

I live in the country so there is not a lot of wifi congestion.
Thanks, I would be needing range at the beaches at padre island tx.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I would be needing range at the beaches at padre island tx.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
It depends on how much you want to spend and how far you want to go. For short to medium flights you cannot go wrong with the Alfa, however to get serious distance go with FPVLR.

Reactions: SteveReno and Del
I usually hit about 1100' before it triggers RTH. Anywhere from 300'-400' up.
I'm in a suburban area with some Wi-Fi interference. Stock Antennas.

Here's a shot at about the extent.
I'm standing near the water tower, which I later realized had cell antennas mounted just above me.

View attachment 582

do you get any indication or warning before it triggers rth?
is the wifi signal for that purpose and did you lose video before rth. as you can tell i am new to this.

There is virtually no warning when RTH kicks in. You will see the video scramble and at the same time, the RTH appears on your phone/tablet. Thankfully it works.. LOL

Reactions: oldcolonel
I have on stock antenna and one Alfa apa m25 and got 1 200" at 200" only lost 1 bar of signal. But I lost that bar almost immediately. I just got my new FPVLR helical antenna but haven't tested it yet. I will post update... please hold...View media item 62
Well I went out today with the new FPVLR and it wasn't very good, there were some power lines near by but flew up and further away from them, they were maybe 50 yards behind me.
There is also a cell tower with maybe a mile or so.
I got 200' up and 1200'out and I only had 2 bars left. It was also windy and some storms were coming fast. It did RTH once too at about 750' out:eek:, I just reset to fly mode and kept going but video started to glitch a bit at 1200' and saw some lightening in the distance so I came in closer.

First impressions of FPVLR SOLO antenna... not very good. o_O* one star only cause it looks cool.
I'll try it again and see how far I can go over the weekend.

Reactions: Del
There are people who go around making up fake reviews guys, they have no order number, or FPVLR antenna so watch out.
I gotta say your FPVLR helped my out in ways I cannot express. I live in a very rural area and could only go to 500-600 feet before RTH. With your antenna I can easily travel all across our farm and not work anymore.

Here is both of my reviews. Keep in mind I do only fly line of sight and couldnt get the solo past 600 ft before I installed the FPVLR.

Install
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Follow up flight
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I have gotten mine up a few times to 400' high, then I lose signal and it goes RTH. I have the app set to "no limit" but I suspect it's programmed to top out to keep us legal. Doesn't make sense that I can get over 3000' distance in the country but lose signal at 400' high in the same spot. Am I missing something?

Reactions: Doug Benson
Seriously, FPVLR the point was only to pass on information on my first use.
I fully expect to get some Real distance upon further use. I have no doubt the distances
achieved by the other users are real.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frank2000