Distance and altitude bests?

I have gotten mine up a few times to 400' high, then I lose signal and it goes RTH. I have the app set to "no limit" but I suspect it's programmed to top out to keep us legal. Doesn't make sense that I can get over 3000' distance in the country but lose signal at 400' high in the same spot. Am I missing something?
The 400 feet could be your geofence, but if you went straight up above your head then that's the problem. Your in the Solos dead zone (it's antennas point down). gotta fly it out away from you horizontally first. Then go up.

The 400 feet could be your geofence, but if you went straight up above your head then that's the problem. Your in the Solos dead zone (it's antennas point down). gotta fly it out away from you horizontally first. Then go up.
Going to play with it today, but i have tried going up at about 800' distance, same thing.

Also it loses signal at EXACTLY 400'...

I went out today to a new Wi-Fi clean and clear area and the FPVLR showed its true meddle for as far as I was willing to go today any way.
350' up and 2500' out and still had 3 Bars and clean video!
That's pretty darn far and I got a little nervous cause I lost it on the horizon, Solo is pretty small at almost half a mile away! :)
Really, I wanted it to counter some Wi-Fi congestion.

I went out today to a new Wi-Fi clean and clear area and the FPVLR showed its true meddle for as far as I was willing to go today any way.
350' up and 2500' out and still had 3 Bars and clean video!
That's pretty darn far and I got a little nervous cause I lost it on the horizon, Solo is pretty small at almost half a mile away! :)
Really, I wanted it to counter some Wi-Fi congestion.
That's great to hear... I just ordered one for my Solo yesterday from there site..hope it comes in this week..really Looking forward to see the difrence and conpair it for myself..iv read lots of post on the FPVLR and Iv read nothing but good things..!

Happy flying

Reactions: Doug Benson
That's great to hear... I just ordered one for my Solo yesterday from there site..hope it comes in this week..really Looking forward to see the difrence and conpair it for myself..iv read lots of post on the FPVLR and Iv read nothing but good things..!

Happy flying
Got mine on order yesterday as well. Plan on doing some comparisons with the DBSMods antenna. I think they will come out to be about the same.

Also it loses signal at EXACTLY 400'...

Are you using Android? The Android app has a bug where it won't go over 400', this limit however can be changed with Tower to get around it. The iOS app will recognize setting altitude to unlimited properly.

Are you using Android? The Android app has a bug where it won't go over 400', this limit however can be changed with Tower to get around it. The iOS app will recognize setting altitude to unlimited properly.
I am, will try it, thanks.

What's the furthes you got with them before you lost control signal ..Your gonna have to elaborate a little..
No more than 438 ft and keeps rth same as video feed looks wavy like wave signals on my tablet idk what im doing wrong :/

No more than 438 ft and keeps rth same as video feed looks wavy like wave signals on my tablet idk what im doing wrong :/
Did you try testing it out in deferent area's to see if it makes a deference ..?
And for your wave signals.. Mane make sure all your connection on your entanna to the controller are tight.. I would star with that.. Because you should be getting better performance than what you're getting ..

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
how come some solo displays show miles, and some show feet?

Android app displays miles, iOS app displays feet. Some inconsistency in the development i guess.
That's strange.

I am using the android ap, and it displays feet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M