Distance and altitude bests?

So far my longest journey has been @ an altitude of 400' and 1900' away. Has taken me some time to work to that distance, but no problems so far. Everything is stock currently.

Great to see everyone is being responsible with altitude here. I was at flitefest a couple of weeks ago and was getting knocked out quite a bit due to all the 2.4 noise. So far have only flown line of site probably 500' out at 150' up. Just got the Patch Antenna have not pushed it yet. Will try to do a fair comparison this week and let you all know.

Reactions: JOHN CUERVO
Just took it out this past weekend in a wide open space in a rural area. Tried to keep line of sight at an altitude of 130' and got it about 4800' away using a FPVLR antenna until RTH activated/controller signal lost.

I fly my new phantom 3 professional out at a friends place in the country, with very little interference, and flew it out to just over 11000 ft before I turned it around and came back....never loosing video or control signal.... but place is optimal flying conditions......

Guys, I'm new with solo and would like to make sure of one thing... If I go so far and the solo loose the connection with the control, they return to home automatically or something bad happen?

Guys, I'm new with solo and would like to make sure of one thing... If I go so far and the solo loose the connection with the control, they return to home automatically or something bad happen?
Unfortunately it will self destruct.

Sorry just had to say that. No it should return to home. Now here's the kicker. If your about 49 feet it will stay that high if below it will go to 49 feet. So if you have trees hills or whatever around 50 feet u will hit it on way back. I'm not even gonna tempt telling you about tower learn to fly good first then come back. Keep it line of sight!!

I've gotten out to about 2400ft on stock antennas, 8200ft with two of the ALFA panel antennas, and about 5600ft with the FPVLR. These flights were over a regional park at just under 400ft altitude but at different dates.

I have on stock antenna and one Alfa apa m25 and got 1 200" at 200" only lost 1 bar of signal. But I lost that bar almost immediately. I just got my new FPVLR helical antenna but haven't tested it yet. I will post update... please hold...View media item 62

2200 feet out, 400 feet up, stock antennas. Before I lost it (but not on this flight). In town but over a golf course.

Last edited:
5500 stock antennas and about 375 feet. Out in the country obviously.

1500 in town while still over an open field.

I had mine up as high as 1400 feet on stock entannas . I could of went higher ..but got nervous and RTH... I think I'm gonna try to keep going higher each day to see my max in my area..

Inched out to 4000 with plenty to spare with the DBSMod panel

4.000ft out,600 feet up using the DBS phantom antenna
You need to keep this under 400' for legal and safety reasons - especially if you're flying that far out. Private aircraft and helicopters can fly down to 500' and it would be a very nasty thing for them to meet your airborne hobby.

Fly safe.

I had mine up as high as 1400 feet on stock entannas . I could of went higher ..but got nervous and RTH... I think I'm gonna try to keep going higher each day to see my max in my area..
New

4.000ft out,600 feet up using the DBS phantom antenna
You need to keep this under 400' for legal and safety reasons - especially if you're flying that far out. Private aircraft and helicopters can fly down to 500' and it would be a very nasty thing for them to meet your airborne hobby.

Fly safe.

#39 KRVer, Today at 1:20 AM

Reactions: Raybro
1.7 miles with FPVLR just now and I did not hit RTH. That was far enough for me this run.

I might go further tomorrow when I have more daylight. It was getting dark.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mr M