dedicated tablet choice

Reaction score
What is the absolute best choice for a tablet for the solo?

What is the absolute best choice for a tablet for the solo?
There really is no answer for that.

Much of it is preference, such as size, GPS, Cell connection, OS preference, etc...

I use a Nexus 9". It is perfect for my preferences. Others may think it is to big, or to small.... I run Android because I want to run Tower. Other don't care to run Tower, and like IOS devices better. Some want a cell connection for maps on demand... Others don't want the extra bill... etc. etc. etc.

What is it you want to do? That is a nice place to start.

Last edited:
I want to do real estate and nursery video. I'maassuming I can use my android phone for a Hotspot if I need internet. I would like to have a dedicated screen. How does your nine inch nexus fit? Did you have to make a modification?

Craig,
I don't think you can you use your phone for a hotspot b/c your wifi connection on your controller tablet is tied up controlling the Solo. You can't connect to 2 WiFi networks simultaneously. My understanding is that you have to pre cache your maps while you're connected to Internet or get a device that has cell/data connection.
Does anyone know if the pre-caching method is for Android only? I haven't seen that option on my iPhone 6.

Check out PDANet, there's a Bluetooth option. I hear that the Nvidia Shield has an excellent screen for outdoors, and the horsepower for the graphics.

The wifi answer makes sense. I'll ccheck the bluetooth option.

I use my iPhone 6 plus to run the solo app and have a Netbook Ares 8 from Walmart ($79.99) to run the tower app. Both work really well.

Just got to make a custom holder to have both on the controller at the same time.

Just another option. I picked up a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" with AT&T for about $100 off EBay. Works great, and was an even better price since I am dedicating it to the Solo.

I wouldn't buy the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro until someone can identify and fix the Smart Shot video flickering issues. See other posts regarding this in the Forum.

That'ss great price. Did you activate Iit with att?

xtreme, post: 13194, member: 585"]I use my iPhone 6 plus to run the solo app and have a Netbook Ares 8 from Walmart ($79.99) to run the tower app. Both work really well.

Just got to make a custom holder to have both on the controller at the same time.[/QUOTE]
That soi

I want to do real estate and nursery video. I'maassuming I can use my android phone for a Hotspot if I need internet. I would like to have a dedicated screen. How does your nine inch nexus fit? Did you have to make a modification?
I have several IOS devices, but I bought the Nexus because it has GPS (for follow me) and I wanted to use Tower, abd so needed Android. I love the screen size. I took the clamp apart(a few screws) and drilled two holes paralell to the existing ones fuether down the clamp, so it would hold it. it wont hold my iPhone any more (unless I move the screws back and clip the spring) but I don't really want to use that anyway.

I followed some instructions here, but it was REALLY quick and easy...

I use an s6 and an iPhone 5s and the s6 was bought for a deal for solo more or less but is kinda laggy oddly cause it's specs are through the roof. Maybe I need to change a setting but so far my iPhone 5s has smoother video which sucks since its smaller and had no tower option so I may be buying another as well.

Far as Bluetooth internet option I've tried and can't get it to work together unless there is a trick of some kind I'm unaware of.

I have several IOS devices, but I bought the Nexus because it has GPS (for follow me) and I wanted to use Tower, abd so needed Android. I love the screen size. I took the clamp apart(a few screws) and drilled two holes paralell to the existing ones fuether down the clamp, so it would hold it. it wont hold my iPhone any more (unless I move the screws back and clip the spring) but I don't really want to use that anyway.

I followed some instructions here, but it was REALLY quick and easy...

I bought a 32GB Brand New Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and inserted a 128GB sd card, it is running perfectly with tower and solo App.

I don't know if I should post this here or start a new thread...? But my problem seem like the same subject,

I think the screen on my Smart Phone is to small to use with the controller .. So I'm using my iPad Air which is great ..it's giving me a nice big picture..but will not fit in my controller ..so it's kinda a pain ! and I don't really want to spend that much money on a iPad mini to fit the controller... !!
Does anybody know a pretty cheep$ 8" Tablet I could buy that will work and fit in my controller.?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nothingworks